Watson to Louisville!

Mosskid84

Good luck to Coach Watson at Louisville! :thumbs

Obviously he took a lot of heat here, and in the end, it's best for Watson and for Nebraska to move on. Is he a good coordinator? Maybe, I guess it depends what team he is running, but it's obvious it wasn't working here, and Nebraska and Watson wanted to move into different directions, so it's probably a mutual thing that is best for both parties. We wanted to go more spread option and Watson wanted more West Coast Offense, in the end, this is the best for both parties.

I have no doubt Watson is very smart at the quarterbacking position, perhaps he had too much on his plate as a coordinator, much like Callahan is a better coordinator or position coach rather than a head coach, it just wasn't working and we needed to go separate ways for the best of both parties.

Finally, both can start to move on.

The only problem with this hire is that fact the Louisville runs a spread type offense i think. I'm not sure, so if you do let me know, but if I remember from their bowl game they ran a spread like offense. So, once again his WCO experience will do him no good.

I hope he's more successful at Louisville. He could have been a better coordinator at Nebraska if given full reigns to the ship, but that didn't look like it was going to happen.

Either way, the biggest knock on Watson from myself has been (and probably will continue to be) teaching discipline and focus to the players and having them play as consistent as humanly possible.

Good luck, Watson.

Good luck to Coach Watson at Louisville! :thumbs

Obviously he took a lot of heat here, and in the end, it's best for Watson and for Nebraska to move on. Is he a good coordinator? Maybe, I guess it depends what team he is running, but it's obvious it wasn't working here, and Nebraska and Watson wanted to move into different directions, so it's probably a mutual thing that is best for both parties. We wanted to go more spread option and Watson wanted more West Coast Offense, in the end, this is the best for both parties.

I have no doubt Watson is very smart at the quarterbacking position, perhaps he had too much on his plate as a coordinator, much like Callahan is a better coordinator or position coach rather than a head coach, it just wasn't working and we needed to go separate ways for the best of both parties.

Finally, both can start to move on.

Very well said. :cheers