Wyoming excited to host the Huskers

knapplc

I thought about going to this game but I have a wedding for someone in my family that day so I will have to be at that and can't go to game. I really hate when people plan weddings during the fall during Husker football season. I guess at least it isn't a home game but still. Dont schedule weddings on freaking Husker games. :boxosoap

I told my own girls that if they got married on a Game day their daddy wouldn't be in attendance.

I thought about going to this game but I have a wedding for someone in my family that day so I will have to be at that and can't go to game. I really hate when people plan weddings during the fall during Husker football season. I guess at least it isn't a home game but still. Dont schedule weddings on freaking Husker games. :boxosoap

Breaking the Husker code of ethics I see...

Maybe I should skip the wedding and see if I can get tickets for the game? That sounds better anyways.

Just get them a card and mail it with " this is what happens with poor planning, hope the marriage isn't as bad" inside.

I think it's interesting that they say we're the "highlight" of their 2011 schedule, even though they host last year's #2 team, TCU (AP/Coaches). They're also using this as a vehicle to sell season tickets, a ploy which I'm sure will work quite well for them. I anticipate that their stadium will be 75% Red this Fall.

I can't tell if you're serious. We will be lucky to have more than 10,000 Huskers in the stadium, which is 30%.

Kinda/sorta serious. 75% is an exaggeration, but we'll have LOTS. We had over 50% Huskers in South Bend when we visited Notre Dame.

546317615XSPYhd_th.jpg

I don't find it difficult to believe we'll have a majority of Husker Fans in War Memorial Stadium this Fall. I'd be stunned if ONLY 10K Husker Fans showed up for the game. Wyoming Fan can sell his ticket to a Husker fan for that one game, which figures to be a slaughter, and pay for the rest of his season tickets. Why wouldn't he? Tons of fans do it when we come - so much so that teams have instituted "Keep The Red Out" days to stop us from having essentially home-field advantage on their turf.

With all the Husker Fans out west of North Platte who don't get to come to games in Lincoln because it's so far away and/or tickets are so hard to come by, this is a no-brainer. Western Nebraskans have been begging for a game played in Laramie for decades.

You got that right! I plan on being there! Plus one for you! :bonesflag:

Doesn't their stadium sit seat at like 7,000 feet people?

I knew it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Memorial_Stadium_%28Wyoming%29

Its 2,000 feet higher than Folsom Field.

And the tallest building in Wyoming is (scroll down the page to Wyoming) . . . Wikipedia

Perhaps they can be the third biggest city in the state ........... My brother from Utah and I will try to help the cause to paint is red.

A seven storey dorm!

Guess it keeps the suicide rate down.

Or it could be the world class outdoors and the bustling economy...

Wyoming gets a bad rap. I used to live there, and I enjoyed every minute of it. You can't beat the state income taxes there much less the fuel taxes. Last week, it was reported that gas was the cheapest somewhere in Wyoming. I'm just as close to Laramie as I am Lincoln. I'd really like to attend the game if I can come up with the tickets.

I'm hearing reports in Northern Colorado of Nebraskans buying Wyoming season tickets just for this game. If that doesn't tell you how passionate our fan base is, I don't know what does.

This happens at most big football schools FYI

Really? I'd think it would be a lot cheaper to just show up at the stadium and buy a ticket from a scalper rather than buying season tickets for a game against an opposing team. I'd think it would be pretty difficult to sell the remaining tickets for the other Wyoming home games. Maybe it's just me but there is a line in the sand between passionate and stupid. Buying season tickets for just one game against an inferior oppenent seems to fall on the side of the latter.

I'm hearing reports in Northern Colorado of Nebraskans buying Wyoming season tickets just for this game. If that doesn't tell you how passionate our fan base is, I don't know what does.

Really? I'd think it would be a lot cheaper to just show up at the stadium and buy a ticket from a scalper rather than buying season tickets for a game against an opposing team. I'd think it would be pretty difficult to sell the remaining tickets for the other Wyoming home games. Maybe it's just me but there is a line in the sand between passionate and stupid. Buying season tickets for just one game against an inferior oppenent seems to fall on the side of the latter.

For a poor, corrupt, public official/student such as myself, buying the whole package would be stupid. For rich alums, with money to blow that want to be assured of a ticket or two months in advance, this strategy makes sense and I see it down here all the time (also heard of it for Clemson/SC and Florida/FSU rivalries too). Who cares if you lose a little money?

For a poor, corrupt, public official/student such as myself, buying the whole package would be stupid. For rich alums, with money to blow that want to be assured of a ticket or two months in advance, this strategy makes sense and I see it down here all the time (also heard of it for Clemson/SC and Florida/FSU rivalries too). Who cares if you lose a little money?

This is most certainly true. There was a program or two at a place or two where we played in the last year or five where Husker fans were buying up season tickets, going to the one game, then donating the rest of the tickets to soldiers in the area. The one that comes to mind right away was VA Tech, which you either had to buy season tickets to go to or a two/three ticket package. Lots of people donated their remaining tickets to soldiers on the coast after that game.