I feel the need, the need for SPEED!

knapplc

I will mention Khiry Cooper and Gilleylen. I expected them to improve in 2010, instead they were outshined by Enunwa, Marlowe, Henry, and Broekemeier. I know Gilleylen has been having problems with his ball handling, but I didn't hear anything as to why Cooper didn't see the field much. If Gilleylen hasn't improved on his ball skills, it will be a disappointing end to his career at NU.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am PUMPED to see Gilleylen again. The guy showed when he got in games that he could be a deep threat. Last year there were people on here claiming it wasn't his hands keeping him off the field, it was his position coach. Now that his coach has changed, I look for him to see the field and am really excited to watch a B10 defender or two chase him down the sideline (assuming NU has a QB develop and able to consistently make the throw).

What really sucks is that he's a senior. If he was capable of playing and stretching the field last year and it really was his position coach keeping him off the field, that sucks. One year left. Here's hoping he can shine.

I thought Curenski was struggling with injuries last year. Not entirely sure.

Well from the sounds of it we'll need the speed as I think we are gonna be one of the smaller teams in the Big 10. Having said that I put our strength up against anyone and our speed is gonna be second to none in the Big 10. They may be big, but when they can't catch you..............does it really matter? :corndance

Some of our guys might be *faster* than advertised. Especially after training at NU for three or four years. Look at Helu. How many people thought Roy would come in at 4.42 seconds, the sixth best RB forty time at the combine?

Some of our guys might be *faster* than advertised. Especially after training at NU for three or four years. Look at Helu. How many people thought Roy would come in at 4.42 seconds, the sixth best RB forty time at the combine?

I wouldn't have guessed it. I was surprised how fleet he looked against KSU and Missouri. I don't remember him being that fast in previous years. I figured he'd be OK at the Combine, but the speed he showed was surprising.

It's odd. I never thought of Roy as a blazer. Even after last year I thought he'd run a 4.51 40 or something like that. His freshman year, they were talking about how much coaches liked him as the scatback. Then he really packed on a lot of pounds and I sort of got the impression he was an all-around, more powerful and bruising runner.

As it turns out, he's just a straight up beast.

Someone who recently talked to Barney Cotton told me that Cotton is excited about the new offense and that this is normally a lot of down time for him but he's been spending 5 hours a night learning the new offense.

God help you for posting that. The HB 10,000 SW apologist's numero uno excuse can never be spoken of in a favorable light. It simply will not be tolerated.

Someone who recently talked to Barney Cotton told me that Cotton is excited about the new offense and that this is normally a lot of down time for him but he's been spending 5 hours a night learning the new offense.

He is a full time employee of the University of Nebraska. There shouldnt be a lot of down time during the course of a work week. Most people work 8 12 hours a day and we are supposed to be impressed that Barney is spending up to 5 hours a day working on his job? Hooray for Barney on earning his paycheck.

Barney gets a pass? He checked out at times in previous years and blew off getting on the same page with his OC, to the great detriment of our team, but now he's amped up and excited and everything's good? Please.

Come on zoogies havent you seen enough of bshirts posts to realize everyone gets a pass for the crappy offenses we have had as long as their name isnt Shawn Watson.

He is a full time employee of the University of Nebraska. There shouldn’t be a lot of down time during the course of a work week. Most people work 8 – 12 hours a day and we are supposed to be impressed that Barney is spending up to 5 hours a day working on his job? Hooray for Barney on earning his paycheck.

I think you're misunderstanding. I think Barney is putting in his regular day, then spending hours at night working on the new offense. I'd say "extra" hours but he's a salaried employee and there is no such thing as extra hours.

I'm quite certain everyone on the staff puts in more hours than your regular schmegular workers in Nebraska. Now, are we getting our money's worth out of those hours? That's the question.

He is a full time employee of the University of Nebraska. There shouldn’t be a lot of down time during the course of a work week. Most people work 8 – 12 hours a day and we are supposed to be impressed that Barney is spending up to 5 hours a day working on his job? Hooray for Barney on earning his paycheck.

Barney gets a pass? He checked out at times in previous years and blew off getting on the same page with his OC, to the great detriment of our team, but now he's amped up and excited and everything's good? Please.

Come on zoogies haven’t you seen enough of bshirt’s posts to realize everyone gets a pass for the crappy offenses we have had as long as their name isn’t Shawn Watson.

Right.

I've always thought Gilmore was gold. WRs catching balls is over-rated.

I think you're misunderstanding. I think Barney is putting in his regular day, then spending hours at night working on the new offense. I'd say "extra" hours but he's a salaried employee and there is no such thing as extra hours.

I'm quite certain everyone on the staff puts in more hours than your regular schmegular workers in Nebraska. Now, are we getting our money's worth out of those hours? That's the question.

Yeah sorry for the confusion, learning the new offense was just some extra on top of what he normally works. And by a lot of downtime I was just comparing it to what he works normally during the season.