First Round NIT Action Tonight Baby!!!!

The only other Husker I can actually respect tonight other than Jeter, was Ubel. That kid has played hard and pretty good the last couple of games. Start him over Diaz next year with Andre. I ripped on him a bumch at the start of the year, but he actually seemed to get "it" near the end and maybe has a promissing future.

Morning after. And I’m still seething. Seems like every year we choke down the stretch in our sched and fail to make the Madness. But I think, okay, we should shred the NIT. There’s not a team in the NIT we couldn’t beat. We could actually win the whole thing. If we showed up. Instead we simply roll over. I’m a supporter of Doc——one of the few. But he did not have our guys ready to play last night. Doc needs to make some changes. Either in the way he coaches, or the way he prepares guys for the game, or something. Last night was absolutely pathetic.

That Superbuckfan is probably laughing his ass off right now. I don't blame him

To be honest, I didn't get to watch the game. I just saw the final score and my only question is; What happened?

Hopefully with your move to the B1G will turn things around.

With the coaching we have I don't feel a turn around coming. I'm embarrassed to think that when it comes to B1G B-Ball we will be called 'door matt,' 'bottom feeder,' 'laughing stock,' ect... ect... ect... First round of the NIT and we lose by 27.

T_O_B

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Morning after. And I’m still seething. Seems like every year we choke down the stretch in our sched and fail to make the Madness. But I think, okay, we should shred the NIT. There’s not a team in the NIT we couldn’t beat. We could actually win the whole thing. If we showed up. Instead we simply roll over. I’m a supporter of Doc——one of the few. But he did not have our guys ready to play last night. Doc needs to make some changes. Either in the way he coaches, or the way he prepares guys for the game, or something. Last night was absolutely pathetic.

:yeah I'm still pissed too. I have been a 'supporter of Doc' along with ya Nuance, but I'm done. I honestly think I see what may be a parallel to the latter Callahan years in FB - guys are so damned afraid of screwing up (getting pulled), they play 'tight' with a don't-mess-up mentality. (...it can look just like a lack of effort.) The feeling builds during a game and a season, and is given constant fuel by the substitution carousel.

...just thoughts. (Did I mention I'm still pissed?)

Any chance now that you're in a better conference that expectations may rise and there's a sudden push to get Sadler out and a more "competent" guy in there that might light a fire under your players rear ends and bring in some better kids?

Just don't know... We're pretty comfortable around here just saying that basketball will always just be the ugly step-child (no tradition, won't spend the money, difficult place to recruit to, won't ever roll in the AAU mud, etc., etc., etc.) It's the deeper meaning of 'Nebrasketball'...

However, there are a couple of big jolts on the horizon: 1. The New Conference 2. The New Facilities. Further, the Athletic Dept. could actually come up with whatever coaching money they 'want' to; it would just reverberate through all the other sports, and be pretty damn pricey overall.

Finally, I still say if we put a winner on the floor, this place will treat this game just like 'winter football' and it would become a hot ticket.

It's just the 'want to'. Maybe we'll never quite have that...

(...but i'm just pissed)