SIGNED WR Jordan Westerkamp

Nexus

IMO best wr-recruit we've had in a long time. Could be the go-to receiver we've needed for so long. We desperately need a playmaker that consistently catches the rock.

Seems like a reasonable prediction to me. Westerkamp sure had a great HS career and seemingly the sky is the limit. He is another of these guys that we as NU fans should be very happy to have join us. NU really needs a bigger quality WR with hands. We needed this badly. Jordan seems like a great candidate for fulfilling this need for NU. Seems to me that he could play almost immediately --- of course, he might not --- but among this years class he seems as likely as any (save for perhaps the two JC's) to be an immediate contributor.

IMO best wr-recruit we've had in a long time. Could be the go-to receiver we've needed for so long. We desperately need a playmaker that consistently catches the rock.

Seems like a reasonable prediction to me. Westerkamp sure had a great HS career and seemingly the sky is the limit. He is another of these guys that we as NU fans should be very happy to have join us. NU really needs a bigger quality WR with hands. We needed this badly. Jordan seems like a great candidate for fulfilling this need for NU. Seems to me that he could play almost immediately --- of course, he might not --- but among this years class he seems as likely as any (save for perhaps the two JC's) to be an immediate contributor.

I would guess he gets redshirted but then again I didn't see all of our freshmen running backs playing this year either.

I would guess he gets redshirted but then again I didn't see all of our freshmen running backs playing this year either.

Will not redshirt IMO. He will be able to pick up the playbook easily I think, he is willing to block(which can get you on the field at NU quickly), he's a dynamic WR with seemingly no ego. I expect him to play right away.

Anyone that wants to know the kind of kid JW is, the kind of player he is, and the process he went through with the ND visit, read this OWH article that ran today. Sam McKewon did a hell of a job and this is a GREAT story.

EDIT- The blow holes at the OWH have screwed up the link. It takes you to the story about friggin Creighton BBall. Anyways still recommend the story to whomever finds it. I will keep looking for it.

• 6 months later...

• 2 weeks later...