SIGNED WR Jordan Westerkamp

Nexus

http://notredame.247...opic/87/6768196

linky from ND site

GBR

Gotta say that the Irish fans on that page were pretty classy about it.

EDIT: Were thinking alike, kchusker.

As was I. I really went there expecting a lot of hate towards DONU and a good laugh. Good for them for staying classy and remembering they are kids making a life decision.

They were very classy. Can't say we would have had as many "classy" comments had JW chosen the Doomers.

linky from ND site

GBR

As was I. I really went there expecting a lot of hate towards DONU and a good laugh. Good for them for staying classy and remembering they are kids making a life decision.

They were very classy. Can't say we would have had as many "classy" comments had JW chosen the Doomers.

Also would have been an entirely different situation. Would they have been as classy if he was an ND commit and switched? I haven't really seen anything negative on HuskerBoard when we don't land a guy who was already commited somewhere else. What am I missing?

linky from ND site

GBR

Also would have been an entirely different situation. Would they have been as classy if he was an ND commit and switched? I haven't really seen anything negative on HuskerBoard when we don't land a guy who was already commited somewhere else. What am I missing?

Well, it's not very often we're after a kid who's a position of need anyway, have an above avearge shot at swaying them (i.e., parents were fans and wanted him to go there), and have it actually drag out as long as it did anyway. Not to mention Greenberry, their top WR recruit is visiting USC soon. He's a Cali kid... they could soon have a very ho-hum receiver class soon.

I'd liken it to us having an average to below average LB recruiting haul this year and then getting a good look from a stud recruit who could bolster the class. We'd probably enter meltdown mode. :D

Said he knew in his gut that Nebraska was for him when on his official visit. Said on his in home visit with Nebraska coaches last week they explained a little what is expected from him but the visit was pretty laid back. His Dad is very supportive of his decision. Then threw in that both parents are behind whatever decision he makes. Sounded like his Dad coaches at his high school but couldn't tell if head coach. He said he broke his Dad's receiving records at the high school and that is a source of good-natured ribbing.

I can't wait for signing day.

If Shooter McGavin re-enacted Bo's reaction to Westerkamp's decision:

Bo Pelini runs up to Coach Kelly *clip board launch* double pistols* pops collar* thumbs to chest* Not this time BABBAAY! *walks away*

I'm out of +1's for the day, but that was pretty damn funny! Sounds like something LSUFreek would make