Confirmed: Marrow to Nebraska

Nexus

The rumors have been out there but nothing had been confirmed until Thursday night.

Former Central Catholic running back, Mike Marrow will transfer to Nebraska.

His dad, former Springfield Football coach and former UT Rocket Vince Marrow, confirmed the news. Coach Marrow is currently a part of the Nebraska coaching staff.

The younger Marrow will take his finals at Eastern Michigan next week and then join his dad and Springfield alum, Kevin Williams at Nebraska.

Mike went to Alabama after Central Catholic but transferred to EMU after a family hardship. He will be eligible to play immediately.

Marrow chose Nebraska over Michigan, Michigan State, Kansas State and Tennessee.

LINK

He should have 3 years to play... My understanding is that he will be eligible to play this season listed as a Sophomore.

My guess is going to be that Pelini moves him to LB. We need some big bodies at that position and we have 3 new RB's coming in already. But this kid could very well end up playing The big bruising RB as well... Who knows, we'll see.

Wasn't he always listed as a FB? I could see him playing RB, FB, TE, or LB. Nice to have a quality player transfer to NU.

Well said, when was the last time we had player this highly regarded in the FB role, it may be a huge addition. FWIW not this is not a shot at the current full back(s) just an observation/thought.

Marrow seems to be a great fit for short yardage situations on both sides of the ball. I could see him being a MLB if we tend towards the 43 defense against the BIG Ten and also a Quick hitting power Fullback that can block. Both types of contributions will be welcomed on this team.

Another Youngstown, Ohio connection. What happend to the hardship in Michigan? Third school in as many seasons can't be a good thing.

From what I heard he had several deaths in the family and now wants to be close to his dad. I think he lost 3 grandparents in like a year. Read this in one of the other threads awhile back.