Spring game...whos going?

I'm going to once again take part in the annual tradition of NOT GOING for about 13 years now.(last spring game 1998) I think it's pointless to attend a scrimmage and find it frustrating and non entertaining to watch. I want to see a football GAME. Not a bunch of guys lolly gagging around playing against each other in a fake, mock up football game. A scrimmage is like taking the unattractive girl to homecoming, drinking non alchoholic beer, or riding the merry go round because the roller coaster is closed down.

but please.. Go have fun at the scrimmage.. Tell me how the green jerseys are, how many times they replay the down because they didn't like the outcome, and how vanilla the offensive play calls are and how little you still know about Tim Becks new offense because its the BEFACKING SPRING GAME...

I'd watch 1000 real games against Chattanooga before going to another spring game.

Oh well. To each their own. Have fun.

Wow, funguy!

I think its more of a fun day, drinking, sun, friends.

I'm going to once again take part in the annual tradition of NOT GOING for about 13 years now.(last spring game 1998) I think it's pointless to attend a scrimmage and find it frustrating and non entertaining to watch. I want to see a football GAME. Not a bunch of guys lolly gagging around playing against each other in a fake, mock up football game. A scrimmage is like taking the unattractive girl to homecoming, drinking non alchoholic beer, or riding the merry go round because the roller coaster is closed down.

but please.. Go have fun at the scrimmage.. Tell me how the green jerseys are, how many times they replay the down because they didn't like the outcome, and how vanilla the offensive play calls are and how little you still know about Tim Becks new offense because its the BEFACKING SPRING GAME...

I'd watch 1000 real games against Chattanooga before going to another spring game.

Oh well. To each their own. Have fun.

grumble, grumble, grumble!!!

Point misser is missing the point. you enjoy watching the TV, knitting, or yardwork... or whatever. There will be about 60,000 others that will be partaking in some fun together on that day. While the format and the action of the field isn't much different, the event itself has evolved immensely since 1998.

I guess I look at it this way. Things I like include

Warm weather

Girls

Drinking

Football

Party Atmoshphere

Friends

Now, all of those things (weather could go either way...then again...so can some girls if you know what I mean) will be there that day.

Its a 50 mile drive from Omaha and on the cheap on you can spend about 30 dollars for the day and on the expensive end you can spend about 150 for the day. I plan on leaving Omaha at 9am and leaving Lincoln at around 6. Thats a great day

To the poster above how said they have a hard time getting to games because of the cost, PM me. I get lots of free tickets that I never use. I would be happy to toss some your way.

Warm weather

Girls

Drinking

Football

Party Atmoshphere

Friends

Now, all of those things (weather could go either way...then again...so can some girls if you know what I mean) will be there that day.

Its a 50 mile drive from Omaha and on the cheap on you can spend about 30 dollars for the day and on the expensive end you can spend about 150 for the day. I plan on leaving Omaha at 9am and leaving Lincoln at around 6. Thats a great day

To the poster above how said they have a hard time getting to games because of the cost, PM me. I get lots of free tickets that I never use. I would be happy to toss some your way.

:yeah

I go because of the cost of going to games. It may be my one chance during the year to actually be in the stadium for a day. I can't imagine what it's like to be close and have tickets to each game! I also get to see the folks and maybe my brothers.

I'll be in Sec 22 this year.

:hellloooo Hey Teacher, Hit me up if you've got any of those tickets laying around too!!!! I cherish any chance to go to a game.

I'll be there with my 6 year old boy and maybe my brother. Sure it's just a scrimmage, but as mentioned, as long as the weather's nice and there's good vittles at the tailgate, it's a great day!

Should be able to go down to the field with my boy for the drug-free pledge, I think.

At least we know for sure that the Huskers will win!

Warm weather

Girls

Drinking

Football

Party Atmoshphere

Friends

:yeah

I go because of the cost of going to games. It may be my one chance during the year to actually be in the stadium for a day. I can't imagine what it's like to be close and have tickets to each game! I also get to see the folks and maybe my brothers.

I'll be in Sec 22 this year.

:hellloooo Hey Teacher, Hit me up if you've got any of those tickets laying around too!!!! I cherish any chance to go to a game.

No problem