Iowa game

Try reading some of the posts on here. Some do respect their oppontents others have but plugs for them. That is who I address the post to.

When Tom won we played less games. Percentages tell you it is not the same. Although I do think Bo has played a tougher schedule over all.

Not a Debbie Downer. I think we will win our fair share this year, and may pull it off. I just hate seeing Nebraska fan lower themselves. And some here are lower than any Colorado/Missouri fan as far as I am concerned.

We have not had an obnoxious Iowa fan on here that I have seen, but we have plenty antagonizing the ones here.

Iowa has had a pretty good run for the last ten years. Most likely better than ours. I respect they are a building program, and right now climbing right along side us. Take the opportunity to enjoy the potential rivalry, it is what makes college football special, but acting like we are far above them at the current time is silly. They won their last Bowl game I think.

We are not back, just by the fact that Iowa fans feel they are on common ground with us. In the day, no one wanted to play us, now they all look forward to it. We are like the bully in fifth grade, growing and finding in the 9th the rest have caught up. No terror in their eyes any more.

Florida State started their tradition by beating Nebraska. But tradition does not win games, or get recruits normally. It puts fans in the seats, those fans spend money to be part of it. Financially it helps, but it does not and has not won a game for Nebraska lately.

Hating the opponent, takes away from the fun of the game. This is not war, it is a game. To develop sportsmanship. Some seem to forget that.

• Fire 2

The love for the Big ten, comes from the fact that there is no better conference when it comes to academics, we take pride in making it about the kids and their education (look at the recruiting rules), and we have been playing each other longer than any other conference. You have to figure back in the day most of the big ten teams were in state recruits, kids did not go half way across the country to school, so MN, IA, WI, ILL, North W were all somewhat "local" kids.

When this happens, it tends to become more about all the kids, not just your team. So while we may "hate" another team during the season, we cheer them if they make it further than us, all the while knowing we did our best to make the conference better as a whole. I am a little dissappointed in more recent years with some of what has gone on in the big 10, I think these coaches need to tighten the reigns a little. In general we try and be better than the rest regardless of the score, if I understand your clapping for another team, this is kind of your approach as well. Btw thanks for clarifing that clapping thing.

The love for the Big ten, comes from the fact that there is no better conference when it comes to academics, we take pride in making it about the kids and their education (look at the recruiting rules), and we have been playing each other longer than any other conference. You have to figure back in the day most of the big ten teams were in state recruits, kids did not go half way across the country to school, so MN, IA, WI, ILL, North W were all somewhat "local" kids.

When this happens, it tends to become more about all the kids, not just your team. So while we may "hate" another team during the season, we cheer them if they make it further than us, all the while knowing we did our best to make the conference better as a whole. I am a little dissappointed in more recent years with some of what has gone on in the big 10, I think these coaches need to tighten the reigns a little. In general we try and be better than the rest regardless of the score, if I understand your clapping for another team, this is kind of your approach as well. Btw thanks for clarifing that clapping thing.

Heard of the Ivy League conference, brah?

Ok, but I hardly concider them a conference.

You are no longer allowed to mention anything about academics.

@bigg10

The spelling gives it away. You must have went to Iowa or Missouri. Am i right?

@bigg10

The spelling gives it away. You must have went to Iowa or Missouri. Am i right?

Have went? Are you kidding me? You're even worse than the other guy. Let me guess, you went to Le Cordon Bleu, right?

http://englishplus.c...ar/00000217.htm

Stop sketching on my profile, btw.

The 2000-2010 decade was the best decade to be an Iowa fan in terms of winning percentage since the 1950s. The 2000-2010 decade was the worst time to be an NU fan since the 60s winning percentage-wise. Fun fact, NU's winning percentage in the 2000-2010 decade was better than the Iowa Hawkeyes' winning percentage. So to use the framework set forth by Dan Hawkins, "The worst days as a Husker are still better than the best days as a Hawkeye." The numbers support that claim, and that should be taken as fact.

• 2 months later...

Let them talk. Honestly, I'm not really sure how any hickeye fan has the gall to open their mouth and talk any football smack to anyone anywhere. Ignorance, I suppose. They've never won anything that matters, and nobody outside of the state of Iowa follows the team. Hell, at least half the people in Iowa don't like Iowa.

I know, being born and raised in a worthless corner of that hapless state, rooting hopelessly year after year for a football season that mattered.

Literally the best move I've ever made was moving west to Omaha. It was amazing...my football IQ doubled when I crossed the Missouri....I talk to family still living there from time to time, and it's kind of silly how little they really know about football. Kind of like talking to a child about why their favorite football team will win some big game. I just shake my head.

The hickeyes are in heaping big trouble the day after Thanksgiving this year. Their entire program is poised on the brink of the abyss...they start losing to Nebraska annually and look out doormat! Any recruit in the state worth a look will be wearing some color other than black and gold, likely Red.

Ever heard of Hayden Fry jack@$$?

I believe the general chaos evidenced in the hickeye futball program since the announcement of the NU + B1G merger, and the loud unwarranted talking from that corner, revolves around panic felt all the way to the top of the program considering the very real, and very likely, possibility that hickeye football is on the verge of being banished to the wastebasket of football relevancy...in their own state...by the hated and very successful program next door.

Note to any hickeye fans reading this forum: The boogeyman is real, and every bit as scary as your momma told you.

@bigg10 the ACC is way better academically than the BigTen

Better, alright. WAY better, not. Factor in sports and everything else and the B10 is clearly the best (or most well rounded) conf.

2011 APR rankings by conference

1. ACC 961.7

2. Big Ten 959.4

3. Mountain West 954.0

4. SEC 947.1

5. Big East 942.9

6. MAC 940.0

7. WAC 939.3

8. Pac-12 938.8

9. Big 12 937.6

10. Sun Belt 937.4

11. Conference USA 932.5

Are academics going to make a difference, when the game is actually played, not really.

So the, whoever is a better academic conference, is kinda stupid.

We're talking about playing a football game, not who's gonna win the spelling bee.

But you're not cool until you win the spelling bee :lol:

The 2000-2010 decade was the best decade to be an Iowa fan in terms of winning percentage since the 1950s. The 2000-2010 decade was the worst time to be an NU fan since the 60s winning percentage-wise. Fun fact, NU's winning percentage in the 2000-2010 decade was better than the Iowa Hawkeyes' winning percentage. So to use the framework set forth by Dan Hawkins, "The worst days as a Husker are still better than the best days as a Hawkeye." The numbers support that claim, and that should be taken as fact.

^^^This

Taken as fact and gospel.......love it...