BTN Offered to Televise the Spring Game

I thought the whole draw of the Spring Game was that it was like a gameday atmosphere.

I really think we should not be shying away from making the Spring Game into a big event. It should be a big event that people hear about and care about. The AD should be promoting the Spring Game. Treat it as any other scrimmage...and it's our loss. Plenty of time for other scrimmages.

I just can't get that bent over the whole thing. Especially since, if you "really" want to see it, i'm sure there's going to be a way to watch.

Doubtful, since it isn't going to be broadcast live on TV.

You can listen to it on the radio and use the power of imagination... like a head-movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPZvYIBQJuA

I thought the whole draw of the Spring Game was that it was like a gameday atmosphere.

I really think we should not be shying away from making the Spring Game into a big event. It should be a big event that people hear about and care about. The AD should be promoting the Spring Game. Treat it as any other scrimmage...and it's our loss. Plenty of time for other scrimmages.

I just can't get that bent over the whole thing. Especially since, if you "really" want to see it, i'm sure there's going to be a way to watch.

1. It is already like a gameday atmosphere. We don't need TV to make it special. Furthermore, we don't need TV to draw attention to the program, and even if we did broadcast it, it wouldn't make a nickel's-worth difference in our recruiting or in our program's general prestige.

2. It wasn't on TV last year, and I found a way to watch it. It was posted online and available to download. You can also buy it on DVD.

Man, this thread just keeps going. I do feel for the people out of state that don't get the chance to experience the spring game. It is a pretty cool experience.

Being in Nazi Jersey, I would love to expirience it just once.

I'll know what happened at the game, because about an hour after it's over, this board is gonna get very busy...

Personally, I think that the Spring Game should be used an experiment. Not so much for the game but for the fans...Things I would like to see tried during the spring game

1. Put it on TV

2. Open up beer stands right across from the campus, kind of like what Champions Club is

3. Open up beer stands in the tailgate area in front of the staduim

4. Let people carry their beers around in cups and have more trash bins

5. Have some "professional" tailgaters set up that are selling their food

Its the Spring game, try a few different things, see what happens. Make it an "Event" not just a scrimmage.

Simply a superb idea!

Oh, I know the bluehairs would shoot it down but it makes perfect sense to me.

Personally, I think that the Spring Game should be used an experiment. Not so much for the game but for the fans...Things I would like to see tried during the spring game

1. Put it on TV

2. Open up beer stands right across from the campus, kind of like what Champions Club is

3. Open up beer stands in the tailgate area in front of the staduim

4. Let people carry their beers around in cups and have more trash bins

5. Have some "professional" tailgaters set up that are selling their food

Its the Spring game, try a few different things, see what happens. Make it an "Event" not just a scrimmage.

Simply a superb idea!

Oh, I know the bluehairs would shoot it down but it makes perfect sense to me.

Thank you! Of course the blue hairs would LOSE it over this idea. I always love the "I just don't see why you need a drink to enjoy a football game" line. Look, just because YOU dont see it, doesnt mean that 50,000 other people dont see it.

Embrace the fun and the event instead of hating it.

People are going to drink and party regardless so they might as well embrace it and make some cash off of it. Champions Club does it, I know I know, its not on school property, yeah, I know, its 15 feet from the stadium.

Heck, you could even have people selling red cups, make that a rule, you need to have your stuff in a red cup at all times. They could even make money off of the sale of red cups.

1. It is already like a gameday atmosphere. We don't need TV to make it special. Furthermore, we don't need TV to draw attention to the program, and even if we did broadcast it, it wouldn't make a nickel's-worth difference in our recruiting or in our program's general prestige.

2. It wasn't on TV last year, and I found a way to watch it. It was posted online and available to download. You can also buy it on DVD.

You found a way to watch it because I bought the DVD and made it available online. The fact that we even have to do that is dumb.

The fact of the matter is, I've yet to see a legitimate excuse for not having it on TV.

The "Normalcy" excuse is BS. The cameras and crew are already going to be there filming the game. You're already going to see stationary and roving cameras around the stadium. If flipping a switch (little harder than that) to send the signal to the Big Ten Network is going to cause chaos..... we've got bigger problems.

The "Secrecey" excuse doesn't work because they are selling copies of the game.

And yes, it is a boon to recruiting, no matter what the naysayers think. It's amazing in how many interviews you hear recruits say they don't know much about Nebraska, other than we play good defense. If the kid has marginal interest, and he sees that our SG is on TV, you're kidding yourself if you don't think they'll check it out. Plus, recruits can only travel so much, and if the kid is already going to another school's SG, then our coaches can tell them to check us out on TV. Every little amount counts. Like was stated above, Todd Peat had the light come on because of a license plate.

You found a way to watch it because I bought the DVD and made it available online. The fact that we even have to do that is dumb.

The fact of the matter is, I've yet to see a legitimate excuse for not having it on TV.

The "Normalcy" excuse is BS. The cameras and crew are already going to be there filming the game. You're already going to see stationary and roving cameras around the stadium. If flipping a switch (little harder than that) to send the signal to the Big Ten Network is going to cause chaos..... we've got bigger problems.

The "Secrecey" excuse doesn't work because they are selling copies of the game.

And yes, it is a boon to recruiting, no matter what the naysayers think. It's amazing in how many interviews you hear recruits say they don't know much about Nebraska, other than we play good defense. If the kid has marginal interest, and he sees that our SG is on TV, you're kidding yourself if you don't think they'll check it out. Plus, recruits can only travel so much, and if the kid is already going to another school's SG, then our coaches can tell them to check us out on TV. Every little amount counts. Like was stated above, Todd Peat had the light come on because of a license plate.

Clearly you can not tell that we are "Stratigerizing"

:sarcasm

this just pretty much occured to me. Mayyyyyyyybeeeeeee, the spring game isnt on the B1G network is because techincally we are still apart of the Big 12 until July 1st. Tom probably said what he said because we are leaving the big12 and the whole conference realignment with the Big12 is pretty messy.

im guessing if the B1G network did go ahead with this. I imagine a lawsuit or something to make Nebraska look bad would come of it.

Just a thought.

this just pretty much occured to me. Mayyyyyyyybeeeeeee, the spring game isnt on the B1G network is because techincally we are still apart of the Big 12 until July 1st. Tom probably said what he said because we are leaving the big12 and the whole conference realignment with the Big12 is pretty messy.

im guessing if the B1G network did go ahead with this. I imagine a lawsuit or something to make Nebraska look bad would come of it.

Just a thought.

While possible, I doubt it would be an issue. The Big Ten is alot smarter than the rtards of the Big XII. I'm sure they knew the legality of televising it before even approaching Nebraska.

well to try and bring a little levity to this discussion..

Even though I was really looking forward to seeing your spring game this year.. It's heartening to know that starting on July 1st, 2011 at 12am EDT..

ALL YOUR TV RIGHTS ARE BELONG TO B1G

:P

And if that's too funny to get.. or not funny.. Next year it won't be "Hey we want to televise your spring game, what do you say?". It will be, "Hey we are televising your spring game, see you in April."

• Fire 1

Just a thought.

While possible, I doubt it would be an issue. The Big Ten is alot smarter than the rtards of the Big XII. I'm sure they knew the legality of televising it before even approaching Nebraska.

I agree that the legality of the B1G televising this isn't a concern, or the B1G wouldn't have approached Dr. Tom, et al.

But there is something to be said about not antagonizing the conference you're leaving. We already saw how the conference screwed us in Football, and I'm sure Dr. Tom has enough on his plate that he doesn't want to deal with an annoying PR battle between Dodds, his ballboy Beebe, and DoNU or deal with conference officials that wish to submarine summer sports that are progressing well.

Sometimes it's just best to lay low and wait for your contract to expire. Just sayin'. :)