Josh Mitchell

Sorry Minnesota_husker, but the answer is closer to yes than no.

One corner is locked down and everyone this side of the Missouri River knows that. However, the other one isn't locked up by any means. Ciante is the leading canidate because of his experience, but we also saw the quick hook he got at ISU when he struggled a lot. Not a lot was heard from him after that.

Green has fought injuries during his time here. Every season though, coaches have gone out of their way at times to mention him as a guy that should contribute. If healthy last year, he would have played against Mizzou and Ciante is probably a redshirt frosh this year.

Josh Mitchell played well today. The thing to remember about Josh was he was the top corner on NU's recruiting board. Very favored by Carl and came from a good HS that played in the Inland Empire out in southern Cali that features a TON of great WRs. He was in Bo's doghouse last year after getting in a little trouble during the summer. So by busting his butt and keeping his nose clean, he may have worked his way back to where the coaches thought he could be coming out of HS.

Again Ciante may have a slight edge, but this battle comes down to fall camp and I would not be shocked if it is Green or Mitchell.

One corner is locked down and everyone this side of the Missouri River knows that. However, the other one isn't locked up by any means. Ciante is the leading canidate because of his experience, but we also saw the quick hook he got at ISU when he struggled a lot. Not a lot was heard from him after that.

Green has fought injuries during his time here. Every season though, coaches have gone out of their way at times to mention him as a guy that should contribute. If healthy last year, he would have played against Mizzou and Ciante is probably a redshirt frosh this year.

Josh Mitchell played well today. The thing to remember about Josh was he was the top corner on NU's recruiting board. Very favored by Carl and came from a good HS that played in the Inland Empire out in southern Cali that features a TON of great WRs. He was in Bo's doghouse last year after getting in a little trouble during the summer. So by busting his butt and keeping his nose clean, he may have worked his way back to where the coaches thought he could be coming out of HS.

Again Ciante may have a slight edge, but this battle comes down to fall camp and I would not be shocked if it is Green or Mitchell.

I would be very surprised to see him get the job over Ciante. He played well today, but i think this position has a big learning curve.

I think Mitchell has a better chance at being a punt returner as long as he learns to pick a hole and hit it. Sometimes dancing around will help you break a long one, but more often than not you're going to end up gaining little to nothing by doing that.

But yeah I think any CBs not named Dennard have a chance at starting with Evans having a little head start based on his experience from last year.

Ciante's on-field experience and extra year give him a big edge IMO. I was impressed with him last year, but he was unrefined. He's had the whole offseason to work on that, and he's likely going nowhere but up. Just look at the step up Dennard made from his freshman to sophomore years.

I tried to send you a PM in vain.

I would be very surprised to see him get the job over Ciante. He played well today, but i think this position has a big learning curve.

I guess I am the only one who doesn't trust Ciante. I know he is young, but unlike everyone else I wasn't too impressed last season. I think he will start early, but he will be pushed really hard to keep his spot.

Anything in particular that you didn't like? I was tremendously impressed by his game against Missouri. He got thrust into it against one of the most prolific passing offenses we faced all year and held his own quite well. He had a crucial, brilliant play stopping Gabbert on that goal-line stand as well.

• Fire 1

I tried to send you a PM in vain.

absolutely.