Take Back Gameday

kb97

As a former alum I support whatever the students do. Especially when it has to do with bettering the overall gameday experience and team support!

How is one a "former alum"? Dide you transfer schools after you graduated?

What is a "dide"?

Apparently he's the grammer/spelling police, he should be able to tell you.

As a former alum I support whatever the students do. Especially when it has to do with bettering the overall gameday experience and team support!

How is one a "former alum"? Dide you transfer schools after you graduated?

What is a "dide"?

It's called typing on a phone while fishing on a boat in the Atlantic. Not to mention I had a few beers along the way. rcain.gif

The student section is a bunch of drunk 18-22 year olds, do you expect things to be organized?

I'd say yes.

Dont ever quote me with Duke crap ever again....

Sorry. Yes, I expect things to be organized amongst a section of drunk, 18-22 year old students that are passionate about their program. The reason I expect such is that I have seen it to be true with my own eyes, either in person or on television, at a number of different schools; Kansas, Penn State, Wisconsin, Augustana, Duke, Utah State and others.

• Fire 1

IMO...The only problem with the NU crowd is when we start getting beat. Our crowd is great until we lose momentum, then it gets way too quiet. That's when the fans need to take the game over with noise.

Example: Last year's Texas game. NU went down by 2-3 scores early and the crowd just frowned and sat down with their arms crossed. When the team is challenged the crowed should be too.

• Fire 1

Don't mean to be rude, but I'm getting kind of sick of hearing the whole greatest fans in college football thing. Don't get me wrong I like the fact that the people in the Southwest corner cheer the other team out no matter what, but if it means I can't heckle the other team and yell obscene things at them from time to time where's the fun in that.

And can you blame people for sitting down on a two or more score deficit, just a few years ago there was no hope for a comeback. It probably became habit. :facepalm:

Truth be told I'm still getting used to the fact that we have a team that can adjust at half time and come back to actually win a game.

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yet more from this group. Their 1,620 "likes" shows there is interest in something like this, but these guys seem to be terribly disorganized.

The 3rd quarter ends. The 4th is about to start. The team needs some intense crowd momentum to finish strong. Wisconsin jumps around, KU does Rock Chalk, Penn State pulses. Clearly, we're missing something. What could we do during this break? What will make Memorial Stadium roar? Let the idea machine flow...

Their buildup to the big Facebook announcement made it sound like they have a plan. Clearly they don't. This whole thing looks like it started over a bar conversation a month ago.

Yet more from this group. Their 1,620 "likes" shows there is interest in something like this, but these guys seem to be terribly disorganized.

The 3rd quarter ends. The 4th is about to start. The team needs some intense crowd momentum to finish strong. Wisconsin jumps around, KU does Rock Chalk, Penn State pulses. Clearly, we're missing something. What could we do during this break? What will make Memorial Stadium roar? Let the idea machine flow...

Their buildup to the big Facebook announcement made it sound like they have a plan. Clearly they don't. This whole thing looks like it started over a bar conversation a month ago.

Well they have 122 days to try to get "something" going. Better to try and fail than to sit on a message board being a negative Nancy and doing absolutely nothing. ;)

Well they have 122 days to try to get "something" going. Better to try and fail than to sit on a message board being a negative Nancy and doing absolutely nothing. ;)

WTF? You're joking, right?

WTF? You're joking, right?

Joking about what?