ATH Devin Fuller

ADS

Losing a 4-star prospect is a big deal no matter how you look at it.... the kid is an amazing athlete, even if he doesn't play QB.

It would have taken a commitment from the coaching staff to not only keep him at quarterback long term, but also to give him a better opportunity to start as opposed to the other quarterbacks we'll have on the roster. Winning over a 4 star ATH is not worth the risk in this specific case, where we would be chain balled to Fuller. Bo has a long history of not divulging into promises with recruits and I know he doesn't want to start a new precedent with Fuller.

Losing a 4-star prospect is a big deal no matter how you look at it.... the kid is an amazing athlete, even if he doesn't play QB.

It would have taken a commitment from the coaching staff to not only keep him at quarterback long term, but also to give him a better opportunity to start as opposed to the other quarterbacks we'll have on the roster. Winning over a 4 star ATH is not worth the risk in this specific case, where we would be chain balled to Fuller. Bo has a long history of not divulging into promises with recruits and I know he doesn't want to start a new precedent with Fuller.

I would be okay with allowing him to stay at QB since that is what we essentially plan on doing with any QB recruit but I wouldn't be okay with promising to give him a better opportunity to start then our other QBs. That's a pretty devious thing to do that could lead to trouble down the road.

• Fire 1

...and that's fine... as long as you get Curry or Ford in his place, which is highly doubtful at this point. One thing about LSU is that Les Miles will promise his recruits the world. There are many who are upset and angry when they leave, because Les doesn't keep his promises. However, during their time on the team, look how sucessful the team as a whole is. I guess sometimes you gotta make promises you might not be able to keep wshen it comes to recruiting. I say tell Fuller he can play QB, then let him come in and try to prove himself. If it doesn't work out, so be it. But at least he was given the opportunity, instead of straight-up telling him while recruiting him "no you won't play QB."

I would be okay with allowing him to stay at QB since that is what we essentially plan on doing with any QB recruit but I wouldn't be okay with promising to give him a better opportunity to start then our other QBs. That's a pretty devious thing to do that could lead to trouble down the road.

Exactly my thoughts. Not only do I believe he has an inability to mature into a passing quarterback, but I extremely doubt that it would take anything less than a leg up on the competition to persuade him to come here.

+1 for you.

...and that's fine... as long as you get Curry or Ford in his place, which is highly doubtful at this point. One thing about LSU is that Les Miles will promise his recruits the world. There are many who are upset and angry when they leave, because Les doesn't keep his promises. However, during their time on the team, look how sucessful the team as a whole is. I guess sometimes you gotta make promises you might not be able to keep wshen it comes to recruiting. I say tell Fuller he can play QB, then let him come in and try to prove himself. If it doesn't work out, so be it. But at least he was given the opportunity, instead of straight-up telling him while recruiting him "no you won't play QB."

We already know we promised him a shot at quarterback (the same promise given to Jamal Turner). If that's not enough for Devin Fuller, then Nebraska is not the place for him.

Even if we don't fill his spot, letting him go is the epitome of addition by subtraction.

I really would have liked Fuller, but he comes with too much commitment.

Ahh come on, don't be so negative. :sarcasm

I realize there's a sarcasm emoticon there, but people should not be so upset over the (more than likely) loss of Fuller. If anything, I feel like we dodged a bullet. Athletes at quarterback usually translates to no championships.

I hope you realize Nebraska won 3 in 4 years with athletes at QB.

i'm with you... I just hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the rear in a few years. Promise him a shot, don't guarantee him anything. That's all you can do, I guess. Unfortunately, there is another coach at another program who will be willing to promise him the world, no matter what the consequences.

I also didn't like the fact that Fuller only rated his trip to Lincoln an "8." To me, that was a bad sign right there.

Ahh come on, don't be so negative. :sarcasm

I realize there's a sarcasm emoticon there, but people should not be so upset over the (more than likely) loss of Fuller. If anything, I feel like we dodged a bullet. Athletes at quarterback usually translates to no championships.

I hope you realize Nebraska won 3 in 4 years with athletes at QB.

It absolutely slipped my mind, thank you.

Point is, Tommie and Frost are on the completely opposite side of the spectrum than Fuller. Those two were far more than simple athletes and played in a different era than Fuller will, by all accounts you simply cannot compare Fuller to them, and the thesis still stands.

The truth is we are all in the dark on this one. He has given us no inclination to where hes going. So at this point, we are all guessing...

I seem to recall a certain thread last year of a player named Owa owa owa something or other. You guys probably don't remember him. :D I think everybody was convinced the night before that he was a goner, but the next morning all of the sudden people in the know on a certain other board started saying he was N. Then we had hope..... And then it was squashed like a tiny little bug.

The recruitment for both of these guys has been very similar (minus a nigerian community of course) in that they have both kept everything close to the vest. So I agree that none of us and not even the experts have a clue where he is going.

From what we have heard he has wise and concerned parents helping him every step of the way, and he seems to value their input. He himself seems like a very intellegent young man. What is the most logical and likely place for Devin to excell at QB, win championships, excell at academics and grow as a man. His dad played college ball, he isn't going to be fooled by any snake oil.

This is for you SheepDog. Devin is N !!!! (I don't want to jinx it with the good N) Yeah buddy, I'm drinkin the red kool-aid!

I just wish they wouldn't have turned away Curry or Ford. Seemed like they took a huge risk by assuming they were going to get their other targets. Don't see why they couldn't have told all of them the same thing... "Look, we have X number of spots left, and X number of recruits we're still looking at... first come, first serve." I also don't understand why they made late offers to those 2 kids who were both a reach in my opinion, if available spots were at such a minimum.