ATH Devin Fuller

ADS

Never fear! Michael Rose is here!

@Braska_Backer23 - Devin fuller should be a Husker

@Braska_Backer23 - I'm so excited/nervous/anxious for tomorrow.... #HuskerNation wants Devin Fuller!!!!!

Gotta love a kid (especially an out-of-state one) who buys into the program like Rose has and becomes an emissary to other targets.

I have to say, though, that second tweet ("nervous" and "anxious") should negate any hope that Rose actually knows where Devin is going.

I just read this whole thread. If a great read ... all the ups and downs ... all the teams that came along and tried to lock of DF. You should take some time to enjoy the read. It's a great "story book". I hope what Michael Rose senses is true. But in the end ... it's a joy to hang with people like Michael Rose ... who bleed red and desire to have the :bigredn: on the side of their helmet.

Keep hope alive people ... and drink your red kool-aid! :-)

I don't think that Dennard is a great passer, but I find him better then Martinez at it. I am a Martinez fan, but when Martinez drops back you think " Oh Sh*t, don't throw a pick", or when he runs "Don't fumble, or get rocked by a Lb".... Dennard has a lot more big play ability in both areas (running, passing) then Martinez. That much seems pretty obvious to me.

agree about denard's big play abilities, but it's worth noting that he had about twice as many picks as taylor did this year (despite fewer attempts) as well as a lower completion percentage. robinson definitely "looks" better when he plays, but i have a hard time saying he's the better quarterback.

(had a hard time finding fumble stats for robinson to compare those, but i would guess that he comes out better than taylor there, though taylor did make significant strides in ball security this year.)

Really?.... I find that very interesting, while I respect your opinion I couldn't disagree with you more on that. Dennard is mistake prone, but he has won a lot more games for Michigan then Taylor has for us. I just don't see it being that close at all.

Look at it this way. How much better would be have been with Dennard Robinson? In my opinion we would have significantly better then we actually were. I am open for someone to try and convince me otherwise, it is a great topic....

probably could have worded that better, as i would take denard over taylor due to his better (and more natural) athleticism. my point was that denard hasn't proven himself to be a better passer than taylor, only a better athlete.

back to the topic, can't blame fuller at all for wanting to play early in richrod's offense. he will kill it. hopefully he can recognize that the better long term choice for winning championships and advancing as a passer is NU.

No, Denard Robinson is the worst passing QB in college football. For some reason, he turned into Joe Montana when we showed up in Ann Arbor and had by far the best passing day of his career. Watch any other game of his and you will see Denard's passing is atrocious.

I doubt that he would make our offense any better because he would turn the bal over way more than TM does, and everybody would whine like crazy. TM is not an elite QB, but he has the ability to be efficient and help us win games. Good enough for now.

• Fire 1

No, Denard Robinson is the worst passing QB in college football. For some reason, he turned into Joe Montana when we showed up in Ann Arbor and had by far the best passing day of his career. Watch any other game of his and you will see Denard's passing is atrocious.

I doubt that he would make our offense any better because he would turn the bal over way more than TM does, and everybody would whine like crazy. TM is not an elite QB, but he has the ability to be efficient and help us win games. Good enough for now.

Exactly. Everyone is judging Robinson off his game vs us.

... I expected this from you. I don't have an issue with your view before this view ... have not said that ... but as a follower of recruiting on Huskerboard ... yes, you are a "Negative Nancy". Maybe it's the way you communicate bro ... I don't know. It sounds like it means alot to you to be right ... verses actually getting DF ... so hey, a big "CONGRATS"!

Regarding VV, you see, I don't know 100% if we will get him ... but for you ... lets just see if "I'm wrong". Ya see, it's like you are trying to be "right" ... for me ... I'm just being a fan and "wanting" him :bigredn:. I'm not on hear debating who we will get or not ... I'm expressing who I hope we get and the info I've read from various news sources. So, maybe that's why some of your comments rub me wrong.

I'm not mad at you ... hope you are not mad at me ... I was just sharing how you have come off to me and how you are coming off now ... maybe it will help you understand why people have responded the way they have.

As for me, I'm sure I give off an impression as well ... but as a fan ... I'm gonna keep drinking my red kool-aid and hoping. In fact, I'm still hopeful that DF signs ... even after everything I've read.

Sorry bro, not trying to make friends or win anybody over here. Not trying to say that I'm right or wrong. I just try to present things from MY point of view, which I consider to be a REALISTIC point of view. Just because I say that we're not going to get every possible recruit, people dog me and say I'm negative. Well, if you go back and look at things, see how many of these guys who were labeled "definites" and "silent commits" just a week ago are still around. I predicted 14-16 commits, and I stand by it. Also, I predicted that BEFORE they went out and made the 2 recent offers (which I feel were reaches). I'm just going with my gut. I've said all along that I think Peat will be "N". I've never felt that Fuller was on board, nor VV. I live in Louisiana and I like Alonzo Moore a lot, although it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he stayed closer to home. This is SEC country and to most people down here, other conferences don't exist. So yeah, I could definitely see him going to MS State because Mullen is a good coach and a good recruiter. As for Shelton, I've read Washington boards and it appears that they think he's committed to them, as well. I've been through the process before and I know that these kids will tell coaches pretty much anything they want to hear. They don't know how to handle the pressure and don't want to say "no" and disappoint anyone. I think it's a big mistake that we turned away Curry and Ford, saying there might not be room. I don't think a coach should ever say that, unless he's 110% sure. And IMO, you can't be 110% sure until the contract has been signed and faxed. People have been telling me all week long not to worry, we'll be fine , etc. etc. And once again, I hope you're right and I'm wrong. But if we don't land at least 18 recruits, and allowed Curry and Ford get away when they were in our clutches, then IMO, that's a disappointment.

Denard actually started that day off rather poorly. Urban Meyer was saying he should be benched at halftime.

Anyway, we are not one to talk much about track record with mobile athletic QBs and getting production out of them in spite of their flaws. Rich Rod >>> our offensive staff right now in that area. Like him or not.

• Fire 1

My big thing about Fuller is, if he was "N" all along, then it shouldn't have made any difference about the Rutgers coach leaving. All that should have done was solidify his status with us. Instead, he went to Arizona and listened to RichRod tell him how he'll be the star of a high-powered offense, the next Pat White, and how Bo is a defensive coach and he'll be limited with what he can do on offense. I don't agree with others who say that it wouldn't be a big deal if we lose out on Fuller; I think it would be a huge loss... and it would be even compounded if Moore decides to go elsewhere.

My big thing about Fuller is, if he was "N" all along, then it shouldn't have made any difference about the Rutgers coach leaving. All that should have done was solidify his status with us. Instead, he went to Arizona and listened to RichRod tell him how he'll be the star of a high-powered offense, the next Pat White, and how Bo is a defensive coach and he'll be limited with what he can do on offense. I don't agree with others who say that it wouldn't be a big deal if we lose out on Fuller; I think it would be a huge loss... and it would be even compounded if Moore decides to go elsewhere.

Can you elaborate on the bolded? What potential do you think we have under Fuller?

Dennard isnt a great passing QB, but he turns it on enough.... What he did in that final quartef against Notre Dame, in my opinion Taylor could never do that... Robinson is an effective player....

Anyways, It would be great to get Fuller, but that Armstrong kid looks pretty good too.... Close the class out with Peat, Valentine, Moore, and Shelton, and I'll be happy with it....

• Fire 1

Losing a 4-star prospect is a big deal no matter how you look at it.... the kid is an amazing athlete, even if he doesn't play QB. I'd hate to see him at Arizona in 3 years lighting up defenses. Then again, I've always been a fan of RichRod's offensive scheme. I was actually hoping that he'd be considered for the HC job back when Bo was hired.

Peat, Valentine, Moore, and Shelton, and I'll be happby with it

i'd be happy with that, although somewhat disappointed that we didn't get Ford or Curry. If we could get the above-mentioned four, plus either Fuller, Ford, or Curry, then I'd be ecstatic. We have 18 spots, so IMO we should fill 18 spots, no excuses... especially after telling certain kids we didn't have room.