ATH Devin Fuller

ADS

Couldn't find a 2011 film reel on the kid. But from what i can see as him being a passer, which should be the top point on everybodys mind. The kid has a good arm, decent accuracy. I've already mentioned his speed, probably as fast as Taylor was when he first stepped on the field, but Taylor doesn't show the ability to make the defense miss in the open, while Fuller does. I wasn't too much of a believer that this kid should be QB (mostly because all the highlights reels i saw of him focused more on his running and not his passing), but after watching him play in the pocket, he definitely looks like a kid who should get a look at QB.

Though stranger things have happened and i wouldn't discount a chance of him playing WR/DB. Just ask Jamal Turner about that.

Couldn't find a 2011 film reel on the kid. But from what i can see as him being a passer, which should be the top point on everybodys mind. The kid has a good arm, decent accuracy. I've already mentioned his speed, probably as fast as Taylor was when he first stepped on the field, but Taylor doesn't show the ability to make the defense miss in the open, while Fuller does. I wasn't too much of a believer that this kid should be QB (mostly because all the highlights reels i saw of him focused more on his running and not his passing), but after watching him play in the pocket, he definitely looks like a kid who should get a look at QB.

Though stranger things have happened and i wouldn't discount a chance of him playing WR/DB. Just ask Jamal Turner about that.

He definitely has the ability to be elusive in the open field. You have to wonder how Turner would feel if Fuller came in and got a real shot at QB....

I think he goes to Zona now. I think we have been eliminated.

Just of curiousity, what makes you think that? or is that just a feeling?

Mostly just a feeling, but I will tell you that RichRod has done an amazing job recruiting Devin in a short amount of time.

Mostly just a feeling, but I will tell you that RichRod has done an amazing job recruiting Devin in a short amount of time.

Pat White, and Dennard Robinson are good selling points.... Still don't think it would be the right decision for the kid....

As I've said from day one, I feel he'd work out at QB just fine, we don't have to look any further than who we have currently starting, no offense to the young man. Devin's mechanics are better, as he doesn't shotput the ball nor does he throw off of his back foot nor does he float his deep passes. His speed is comparable and his change of direction is better, our current QB has little to none, and that has made a difference in getting 1st down pickups or long touchdown runs in some cases. As for JT, I love his talent and confidence, but I think he's better served at WR. He's a little guy (smaller than Taylor, Brion, Tommy and hopefully Devin) that could take a toll on him, especially in the B1G, at QB, plus I heard his arm strength left a lot to be desired.

I'll give RichRod credit, but there was a reason he got fired from Michigan. hehe

Time will tell though if Devin commits. I'm off to watch the Senior Bowl which starts in 30 min.

I really value your insight but this is one time I hope you're wrong, no disrespect speed.

An important point to bring up is if we really wish to have him as our quarterback for the next several years. Many Husker fans dislike Martinez and his inability to develop into a complete passer. He can run, but that doesn't seem to be the main priority in these fans' view.

Fuller is a different runner than Martinez but he still is, at the end of the day, a runner and not a thrower. If people don't want Martinez now, they'd more than likely not like Fuller for the future. Of course they don't see that now because of Devin's ranking but it is the truth.

A move to a more traditional quarterback, or at least one who has the adequate ability to throw the ball, seems like the most desirable movement, and that would involve Carnes or Armstrong, not Fuller.

• Fire 1