Is there any reason to be nervous?

ESPN is reporting that Ohio State could be facing sever sanctions over Tressel's lying to the NCAA. I am beginning to believe that Tressel's job could be in jeopardy and a couple of guys that work with me were talking about who the leading candidate would be and we all agree that Pelini might be at the top of their wish list if they had to fire Tressel. Not trying to stir the pot because it doesn't matter anymore, I was just trying to get a feel if any of you guys were having the same thoughts or not?

I don't think Ohio State would have any moral quandary about purloining Pelini from Nebraska. If they wanted him they'd go after him.

I think it's far more likely they'll go after Urban Meyer than Bo Pelini. Meyer has actually won something in his career. Much as we all love Bo, he's still "got a lot of potential."

I don't think Ohio State would have any moral quandary about purloining Pelini from Nebraska. If they wanted him they'd go after him.

I think it's far more likely they'll go after Urban Meyer than Bo Pelini. Meyer has actually won something in his career. Much as we all love Bo, he's still "got a lot of potential."

That is true. But, I'd take Bo any day over scumbag Meyer.

• Fire 1

Color me not worried about tOSU IF Tressel gets canned. They may contact Bo, but after the extension and raise it's a done deal that Bo will be here for awhile, IMO. As knapp said befoe, Urban Meyer will be the numero uno target for HC. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Luke Fickell get a sniff at the HC job if Meyer decides against it. Fickell is their interim HC as of right now while Sweater vest is suspended.

Agree with Knapplc, they will want someone with a proven track record as head coach. Squeaky clean is my guess, with absolutely no baggage. Bo does not fit either of those categories yet.

I do not feel he would be high on their list.

Well, if they are looking for those, then Meyer doesn't fit either criteria.

Delaney had a recent television appearance with urban meyer, shortly after the OSU snafu came out.

The big ten is about to get a major face lift.

First + Nebraska.

Next > Urban Meyer to OSU.

Then > JoPa retires, no doubt some "splash" hire will be in the works.

If UM can get their stuffins together, you could have Nebraska, OSU, UM, PSU all back in their proper forms.

Can't wait for the future battles! GBR!!!!

:bonesflag:

Back in Black baby

Urban Meyer and Jon Gruden have been rumored to be two of the top candidates for the job if it opens. Meyer is probably the most logical choice, and even though he just retired, Ohio State is probably the one job that would make him come out of retirement. OSU is a top 3 job in the country, and they will give him a ton of money. Gruden is a possibility also. He's said that he wants to get back into coaching, and even though he was a high-level NFL coach, OSU is a pretty premier coaching gig, and he was recently at OSU to speak at a coaches clinic, and has watched OSU practice multiple times.

If OSU doesn't get either of those 2, Bo is probably the next choice. Remember that OSU hired Tressel when he was at Youngstown State, so its not like they are only going to look for guys who have won big already.

If Ohio State does end up firing Tressel, won't there be some sort of money the University will have to pay Tressel? Won't they have to pay Tressel a certain percentage that is left on his contract like what Nebraska had to do with Callahan?

If tOSU does have to pay Tressel millions of dollars for firing him and then go after Bo, wouldn't tOSU have to pay Bo's buyout from Nebraska since he just signed a new contract? Then on top of the buyout tOSU would have to make a new contract for Bo. Thats a lot of money being thrown around!!!

I'm not saying that tOSU couldn't afford that but why go through all that trouble of spending all that unnecessary money when you have Urban Meyer to go after who's proved that he can win the "Big One".....twice.