Is there any reason to be nervous?

There are way more reasons to stay if you are Bo than leave. If you leave you will be going to a program that very well could receive the death penalty or at least major sanctions. Absolutely stupid to leave.

They've already said we aren't getting the death penalty. We did not get the lack of institutional control moniker in this. So despite what ESPN says, we're not getting the stiffest possible NCAA penalty.

So how do you feel about your school already contacting potential new coaches?

I haven't heard that they were doing this. If anything it would be a formality as it would be Hazell (somehow) or Fickell. I don't think they'd clean house on the coaching administration.

Listening to Leach and Arute this morning, during one of the news breaks it was stated that if Tressel was fired, Bo Pelini was first on the list, but also mentioned the new contract and the expense of him. Still doubt that to be fact. I can not imagine them going after Bo, Stoops or Meyers for sure. Gruden, but I do not put Bo in that category yet.

I am not losing any sleep over Bo leaving.

The only stoops that they will get is Mike. Bob has repeatedly said that he won't leave OU.

There is one job that he will leave for - if Ferentz leaves before Stoops is ready to retire that is.

Bob went to OU instead of Iowa back when Ferentz was hired. Iowa would have a VERY hard time getting him. I don't think Stoops will leave OU for anywhere but the NFL. I suspect he stays at OU for the duration.

I don't believe that tatooOSU believes Bo is ready for that job yet. They will be interested in him if he proves he can win games, CCs, and NCs. But until they see those things from him I don't believe they will look seriously at him. I could be wrong, but just the feeling I get. They want someone whose been a HC for a longer period of time IMO.

Listening to Leach and Arute this morning, during one of the news breaks it was stated that if Tressel was fired, Bo Pelini was first on the list, but also mentioned the new contract and the expense of him. Still doubt that to be fact. I can not imagine them going after Bo, Stoops or Meyers for sure. Gruden, but I do not put Bo in that category yet.

I am not losing any sleep over Bo leaving.

I'm not worried, either. They toss out names that people recognize. If they said Ohio State was going to hire Joe Blow from Kokomo, nobody would know who he is and they'd turn the channel. If they say a name, people get interested. All part of the game.

The only stoops that they will get is Mike. Bob has repeatedly said that he won't leave OU.

There is one job that he will leave for - if Ferentz leaves before Stoops is ready to retire that is.

You honestly think Stoops would leave OU to come to Iowa? That would make no sense, the two programs aren't even comparable. I could see him leaving for Ohio State because it's a top level job. I don't think Iowa is comparable to OU and Ohio State. JMO........

You honestly think Stoops would leave OU to come to Iowa? That would make no sense, the two programs aren't even comparable. I could see him leaving for Ohio State because it's a top level job. I don't think Iowa is comparable to OU and Ohio State. JMO........

The Stoops family buried their father in an Iowa sweater. I definately think that Bob would take a long look at Iowa. Bob only went to OU because he wanted to win a NC ASAP.

Bob went to OU instead of Iowa back when Ferentz was hired. Iowa would have a VERY hard time getting him. I don't think Stoops will leave OU for anywhere but the NFL. I suspect he stays at OU for the duration.

Stoops name has come up for a handful of jobs: Florida, Notre Dame, and now tOSU rumor. I don't see him atying at OU if tOSU comes calling. It's home for him, and would get more from tOSU.

Stoops name has come up for a handful of jobs: Florida, Notre Dame, and now tOSU rumor. I don't see him atying at OU if tOSU comes calling. It's home for him, and would get more from tOSU.

Steve Supperior also told ole Bobby Stoops that you should never stay in one place for more than ten years.

So he got the big raise and new contract. Hypothetically speaking - what do we do now if tOSU does come after him? The contract won't stop them from sending someone. It's still small in compared to Tressel's. Are we going to have to give Bo another 800k raise in 3 months? When does it stop? I like Bo and all, and he's done a good job. But I'm not sure if he's done the type of job that warrants 4+ million a year. Then what do you give him if he wins something? Bo will be making 10 million a year by 2015 at this pace, and could be known as the "highest paid coach without a National Championship".

i don't think we'd try to outbid OSU. the point is that we/TO/NU think he's a great coach, so we do what we can to make him happy in his current position. we do that by offering him a fair salary along with any other support that contributes to this being a great job. if you wait until some other school forces your hand, you operate from a position of weakness and you create less good will.

kudos to TO for recognizing what we have in bo and doing what he can to make him an NU lifer.

obviously there's room for disagreement on whether TO is correct in his assessment that bo is the right guy. i think the way he resuscitated a beaten down program, the way he inspires these kids and the way that he runs a clean program combine for sufficient proof, but i don't think anyone will totally be happy until we start seeing some trophies. we're now paying him like someone that should be competing for league titles and BCS games and that is certainly the expectation for success at this point. i don't think we'll see another significant bump for bo until he delivers, and at that point i won't have a problem with making him one of the best paid coaches in the nation. we're long past the days where TO would work for relative peanuts. time to get used to paying coaches what they're worth.

So he got the big raise and new contract. Hypothetically speaking - what do we do now if tOSU does come after him? The contract won't stop them from sending someone. It's still small in compared to Tressel's. Are we going to have to give Bo another 800k raise in 3 months? When does it stop? I like Bo and all, and he's done a good job. But I'm not sure if he's done the type of job that warrants 4+ million a year. Then what do you give him if he wins something? Bo will be making 10 million a year by 2015 at this pace, and could be known as the "highest paid coach without a National Championship".

i don't think we'd try to outbid OSU. the point is that we/TO/NU think he's a great coach, so we do what we can to make him happy in his current position. we do that by offering him a fair salary along with any other support that contributes to this being a great job. if you wait until some other school forces your hand, you operate from a position of weakness and you create less good will.

kudos to TO for recognizing what we have in bo and doing what he can to make him an NU lifer.

obviously there's room for disagreement on whether TO is correct in his assessment that bo is the right guy. i think the way he resuscitated a beaten down program, the way he inspires these kids and the way that he runs a clean program combine for sufficient proof, but i don't think anyone will totally be happy until we start seeing some trophies. we're now paying him like someone that should be competing for league titles and BCS games and that is certainly the expectation for success at this point. i don't think we'll see another significant bump for bo until he delivers, and at that point i won't have a problem with making him one of the best paid coaches in the nation. we're long past the days where TO would work for relative peanuts. time to get used to paying coaches what they're worth.

the thing is the last two years we did compete for league titles and came up just short, we should have won in 09, what bo has done in such a short time is pretty great. yea i know he hasnt won a conference championship yet but he has gotten damn close, and he has gotten the huskers back on the map as far as being a top team that people talk about every year. thats just my opinion

we are paying him for his potential and the fact there are few other desirable coaches available.

Bo has won no real signature wins so far.....that needs to change and WA 2.0 type performances as well.