Is there any reason to be nervous?

I don't think OSU thought this whole situation was going to go the way it has gone so far. Having said that I personally think he'll be gone due to this whole situation. Now my top 3 candidates would be the following:

1. Meyer

2. Stoops

3. Maybe Pelini

I don't see Pelini leaving with the recent salary upgrade and the fact that he'd have to start all over again, but the NU job isn't what it used to be IMO. We'll get that position back up there, but that comes with success and time.

I dont think Tressel will get fired. If it comes down to him leaving the program he will step down. Second IF Tressel steps down they will have an interim coach for the season. Urban Meyer who is a Ohio guy will be all rested and ready to get back into coaching after sitting out a year traveling with ESPN and College Gameday. I think I have read or heard that he wants to get back into coaching and tOSU would be his first choice to return to and tOSU has Meyer as their #1. it all depends is Tressel "Steps Down"

There was reason to be nervous about the OSU issues. Why do you think this new contract for Bo all came out at this time? I think most everything that would have given Bo a reason to leave is taken care of now. He's better paid, he's got a jet for personal use as well as recruiting, and Pearlman talking about what a good coach he is and how we worked hard to keep him. The latter will erase a lot from after the ATM.

Its also my understanding that there have been 13 coaches charged with the same NCAA violations as Tressel and only 1 has keep their job. From the sounds of it....Tressel staying is 50/50 at best. The board at OSU would like Stoops and it sounds like they feel there is a good chance he'll listen. That could be their arrogance though. And from the sounds of it Urban has stated he is interested in that job depending on the NCAA sanctions.

I didn't really think about it before but ya the timing of this new deal does seem like too much of a coincidence. Tressel is being accused of a cover-up, and he not only withheld info from the NCAA but the school. There is a pretty fair chance Tress is gone and Bo would be a candidate. TO is big on continuity, I can see him nipping talk of Bo leaving in the bud with a new deal.

There are way more reasons to stay if you are Bo than leave. If you leave you will be going to a program that very well could receive the death penalty or at least major sanctions. Absolutely stupid to leave.

They've already said we aren't getting the death penalty. We did not get the lack of institutional control moniker in this. So despite what ESPN says, we're not getting the stiffest possible NCAA penalty.

There was reason to be nervous about the OSU issues. Why do you think this new contract for Bo all came out at this time? I think most everything that would have given Bo a reason to leave is taken care of now. He's better paid, he's got a jet for personal use as well as recruiting, and Pearlman talking about what a good coach he is and how we worked hard to keep him. The latter will erase a lot from after the ATM.

Its also my understanding that there have been 13 coaches charged with the same NCAA violations as Tressel and only 1 has keep their job. From the sounds of it....Tressel staying is 50/50 at best. The board at OSU would like Stoops and it sounds like they feel there is a good chance he'll listen. That could be their arrogance though. And from the sounds of it Urban has stated he is interested in that job depending on the NCAA sanctions.

So he got the big raise and new contract. Hypothetically speaking - what do we do now if tOSU does come after him? The contract won't stop them from sending someone. It's still small in compared to Tressel's. Are we going to have to give Bo another 800k raise in 3 months? When does it stop? I like Bo and all, and he's done a good job. But I'm not sure if he's done the type of job that warrants 4+ million a year. Then what do you give him if he wins something? Bo will be making 10 million a year by 2015 at this pace, and could be known as the "highest paid coach without a National Championship".

The contract Bo has now puts him in elite company. Without winning so much as a single conference title, Bo is now 13th amongst all college coaches according to this OWH article. No team with the pedigree of an Ohio State is going to go after Bo and pay him the kind of money that would lure him away when, for the same money, they could get a Bob Stoops or an Urban Meyer - coaches who have proven track records of winning at the highest levels.

This contract assures that no team is going to buy Bo away from us for a while. I am completely unworried about the prospect of Bo leaving for a better deal somewhere.

There are way more reasons to stay if you are Bo than leave. If you leave you will be going to a program that very well could receive the death penalty or at least major sanctions. Absolutely stupid to leave.

They've already said we aren't getting the death penalty. We did not get the lack of institutional control moniker in this. So despite what ESPN says, we're not getting the stiffest possible NCAA penalty.

So how do you feel about your school already contacting potential new coaches?

The contract Bo has now puts him in elite company. Without winning so much as a single conference title, Bo is now 13th amongst all college coaches according to this OWH article. No team with the pedigree of an Ohio State is going to go after Bo and pay him the kind of money that would lure him away when, for the same money, they could get a Bob Stoops or an Urban Meyer - coaches who have proven track records of winning at the highest levels.

This contract assures that no team is going to buy Bo away from us for a while. I am completely unworried about the prospect of Bo leaving for a better deal somewhere.

Completely agree. Add to that that Ohio State WILL have sanctions and be under the microscope for a very long time. What coach (besides Lame Kiffen) wants that.

Completely agree. Add to that that Ohio State WILL have sanctions and be under the microscope for a very long time. What coach (besides Lame Kiffen) wants that.

i dont see bob stoops leaving ou ever, they will pay him whatever he wants to stay there. and idk about urban meyer, he hasnt been out long enough to want to come back already i wouldnt think.

i dont see bob stoops leaving ou ever, they will pay him whatever he wants to stay there. and idk about urban meyer, he hasnt been out long enough to want to come back already i wouldnt think.

Actually in an interview about a month ago he stated he had the itch to get back into coaching and was really missing spring practice and recruiting and all that went along with it. I be remembering incorrect but I think he even stated he'd take a hard look at the right opportunity.