2011 Uniform Tweak?

I wish we'd wear all white again. I loved it back in 07.

All%20Whites.jpg

Stripe-less pants weren't too bad either. Bring them back as an alternate for look-alike games against Wisconsin.

Lord%202003.jpgLord%202003%20W.jpg

I loved the all-whites as well, but I liked them more for the red/white trim gear and the long socks, if they would get rid of the black shoes and socks with the current unis i would love them.

i agree they are awesome, and who knows we might do some kinda of alternate thing against wisconsin but i wouldnt count on it

Amen to the all whites. Those are sick, especially with the red and white footwear.

Frankly, I think an all red uni would be tight as well. I'd like to see us suit up in all red or all white unis for special events. For example, we could wear all whites or all reds when we play Iowa every year on Thanksgiving. Or we could wear all reds or all whites in our bowl games.

There is a lot of potential there.

inb4 old farts complaining about change

+1 to the idea of classic alternates from the 2001 season. I'm all about changing the uniform and I'm also for nostalgia for nostalgia's sake. I'm very much for revamping some ideas but finding common ground between traditionalist and modern.

As long as the N on the side of that helmet doesn't change and we don't have purple pants (Clemson!), I'm for it.

• Fire 1

+1 to the idea of classic alternates from the 2001 season. I'm all about changing the uniform and I'm also for nostalgia for nostalgia's sake. I'm very much for revamping some ideas but finding common ground between traditionalist and modern.

As long as the N on the side of that helmet doesn't change and we don't have purple pants (Clemson!), I'm for it.

When we tried out modern, we ended up at this hideousness:

2002.jpg

And today's modern... ugh. Let's just not go there.

I'd just like to see more of the old. Throwback tributes like the 300 sellout.

If I had it my way, we would go back to my avatar, 2001, best uniforms ever. Everything was lined up perfectly.

10 year anniversary throwbacks too. ;)

Adidas logo high right, Nebraska patch high left, and the word 'Nebraska' on top of the numbers, no stripes on the pants, high red socks for home and high white socks for the road, black shoes and laces. The cleanest uniform ever, and it still somewhat set us apart from everyone else. Loved that look.

Not seeing the numbers on the side, or even the shoulder pads, I think is missing a lot.

Now that we will be seeing Wisconsin a lot, is just another reason why to go back to the stripe-less pants.

We will know who our team will be when we are playing them, for obvious home/away reasons and the fact that we will be making more plays than them. ;)

On a more serious note, I have noticed that Wisconsin looks almost identical to us and it's really annoying.

They have their 'W' in the same spot as our Nebraska patch.

They have the double stripe pants, just like us.

They have a one letter logo on their helmet, just like us.

However, their helmet has two stripes while we have a solid, and their logo on their helmet is a block logo as opposed to our simple 'N'.

They also wear all-whites on the road, but in the 2011 Rose Bowl game, they wore red pants with their white top and looked very similar to us.

Hence them being the one of the reasons why we should go back to our 2001 look.

:rant

Yes. Best Nebraska uniforms ever, although I preferred the away, red pants/white high socks look. I was in HS during the time and definitely rocked it in JV my first year.

sportsNU_t440.jpg?9e2a24ba44807f8f9b96aad7c4082bf6ded075dc715828.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD8E70B3AA464F54B0058B937586303892A7352444FA9060CAnebraska_notre_dame.jpg

What awesome pictures and great memories.

When we tried out modern, we ended up at this hideousness:

2002.jpg

And today's modern... ugh. Let's just not go there.

I'd just like to see more of the old. Throwback tributes like the 300 sellout.

I wouldn't even call that modern. That's just sticking a giant stripe on the pants. What did that really change? I guess there really is no "in between" traditionalist and modern considering that monstrosity.