LB Tyrone Neal [Illinois Commit]

Player: Tyrone Neal

Hometown: McKeesport, PA

School: McKeesport

Position: LB

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 225

40 time:

Scholarships: Auburn, Florida, Illinois, Nebraska, North Carolina State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse, Tennessee, Texas Tech, USC, West Virginia

Committed to Illinois

Rivals: :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star

247:

• 3 months later...

Very strange top 4 given the offer list. Interesting.

I agree, very interesting. The offer list is legit though, I guess a lot of these schools that have offered him are filling up and do not have as much of a need for LBs. My big question is if he wants :bigredn: do we take Nance or Lambert if one them wants :bigredn: too?

I agree, very interesting. The offer list is legit though, I guess a lot of these schools that have offered him are filling up and do not have as much of a need for LBs. My big question is if he wants :bigredn: do we take Nance or Lambert if one them wants :bigredn: too?

I'd say hell yes.

No question we take one if they want N. Nance is the most liekly out of the two, Lambert is a long shot ta this point.

I think we absolutely take 4 in that situation. We lose David and May this year and then we lose Compton, Fisher, Stoddard, and Whaley next year. We only brought in 2 guys this year and 0 the year before. We do have some young walk ons who look promising in Trevor Roach and Derek Slaughter... but outside of these 2 scholarship and 2 walkons we are going to have no one in 2 years. We desperately need to bring in some guys in 2012... we need 4 guys in this class. My prediction: Michael Rose, Deion Jones, Tyrone Neal, Brian Nance. Combine those 4 guys with David Santos, Max Pirman, Derek Slaughter, Trevor Roach and maybe a juco kid... and we will be alright there.

No question we take one if they want N. Nance is the most liekly out of the two, Lambert is a long shot ta this point.

I'd be elated if Brian comes here and I really hope he does, but wasn't Lambert high on us at one point? If so what happened?

• 4 weeks later...

Was anyone else just not all that impressed with what they saw here? Very average IMO.

He is most likely being recruited on athletic ability and will probably play OLB instead of MLB. You can tell TJ is fast enough to compensate for mistakes, but definitely needs to work on his overall physicality.

Edit: Regardless, I think he is a better overall LB candidate than Lambert. Lambert is just big, and if you are not running at him he is less effective IMO.