Rimington Watch List - Mike Caputo among the candidates

May 19, 2011 - The Rimington Trophy committee has released its 2011 Spring Watch List.

The list includes 14 returning players from the 2010 Watch List. In all, there are 42 players on the Watch List. The Big Ten and SEC check in with the most candidates, with six players from each conference being named. The ACC follow with five players being named to the Watch List.

Big Ten Centers on the Watch List:

Mike Brewster 	Ohio State 	6'5" 	305 	Senior
Ben Burkett 	Northwestern 	6'4" 	300 	Senior
Mike Caputo 	Nebraska 	6'1" 	275 	Senior
James Ferentz 	Iowa 	        6'2" 	284 	Junior
Peter Konz 	Wisconsin 	6'5" 	313 	RS Junior
David Molk 	Michigan 	6'2" 	288 	RS Senior

How did Mike get on this list? He was a major problem in our pass protection last year. O well more power to the kid.

My thoughts exactly. I like Caputo and all, but I'm not sure he's done anything to warrant this. It might be one of those cases where our reputation causes them to ask..."Is Nebraska on here? Nope. Add whoever their center is to the list. Ok done.".

How did Mike get on this list? He was a major problem in our pass protection last year. O well more power to the kid.

My thoughts exactly. I like Caputo and all, but I'm not sure he's done anything to warrant this. It might be one of those cases where our reputation causes them to ask..."Is Nebraska on here? Nope. Add whoever their center is to the list. Ok done.".

Yeah, I like the guy. Wish him the best in the Rimmington competition. But he's no Maurkice Pouncey.

for his size he plays well, but being in the middle and under 300 is a liability for him, he got man handled quite a few times last season.

I dont know, I have seen some pretty good lineman in that upper 2 but not quite 3 range. I would take a 280 pound rock over a 315 pound with a few extra doughnuts on him.

I should say, you guys are better at knowing his level of play, but just saying there are good linemen around that size.

• Fire 1

I think it will great when a Husker brings this home. (Did I say I have a Remington Autograph) ..... it is on slip of paper from when he came to my elementry school with some other players for Lunch. (probably an NCAA violation they may have got Mac and cheese for free at Zeman elmentry but I wont tell if you dont) ....... at the time he was just a cool player.

for his size he plays well, but being in the middle and under 300 is a liability for him, he got man handled quite a few times last season.

I dont know, I have seen some pretty good lineman in that upper 2 but not quite 3 range. I would take a 280 pound rock over a 315 pound with a few extra doughnuts on him.

I should say, you guys are better at knowing his level of play, but just saying there are good linemen around that size.

He's a good player, and had a good season overall. People are still going batty about how NU ended the season. He's extremely strong for his size, and there's nothing at all wrong with undersized centers as most of the time they need to be quick enough to reach the second level. Mike's biggest problem with his size is he has short arms, which does hurt him.