SIGNED QB Tommy Armstrong*

ADS

You know what? i just thought of something. I should keep my opinions on 17 and 18 year olds to myself. I hope the kid out of San antonio has not read my posts and comes in and works hard and is succesful. Tearing down a kid on what he does wrong really is not any thing beneficial to the program. Plus none of us get paid 3 million a year to analyze. I sincerily apologize for my comments about Armstrong. Positives in life go alot further then being negative,especially when you are 17 years old and might be reading these posts.

Wow. Very nice film. He throws well on the run. Has nice mechanics. The long ball is accurate. Hae seems fearless throwing the ball... no hesitancy, just delivers it. He runs well too. Nice field vision. He is very impressive. Has a strong arm. I really look forward to his coming to NU.

This kid already has down a lot of things that you do with a Quarterback in a redshirt year. He's already as big as he needs to be. He's got the mechanics down, the long ball down, he already takes snaps under center and runs a lot of similar offense to what we run. I don't see why he couldn't get some serious PT his freshman year.

This kid already has down a lot of things that you do with a Quarterback in a redshirt year. He's already as big as he needs to be. He's got the mechanics down, the long ball down, he already takes snaps under center and runs a lot of similar offense to what we run. I don't see why he couldn't get some serious PT his freshman year.

Being deserving of potential PT and actually getting it are two differnt things. He might (though he might not) develop quickly enough to be deserving of being given a shot... I, personally, am not sure which it will be. What I am, however, reasonably confidant of is that Bo really is reticent to put anyone in at QB other than TM... why, I cannt say... but getting a shot at QB early seems unlikely unless TM gets hurt. Never know... of course... but that is, seemingly, the case.

Being deserving of potential PT and actually getting it are two differnt things. He might (though he might not) develop quickly enough to be deserving of being given a shot... I, personally, am not sure which it will be. What I am, however, reasonably confidant of is that Bo really is reticent to put anyone in at QB other than TM... why, I cannt say... but getting a shot at QB early seems unlikely unless TM gets hurt. Never know... of course... but that is, seemingly, the case.

This is true. He will have to come in and learn a college system and a whole new group of guys to play with. But he was told by Tim Beck that he wouldn't redshirt, so that tells me he will get some PT. I think the coaches think he's good enough now to not have to redshirt a year... but when we gets on campus if he doesn't pick up the system fast or if he surprises them with some inadequecies then he very well could sit out this year. The coaches can be surprised in both good and bad ways when they get these guys on campus.