SIGNED QB Tommy Armstrong*

ADS

You guys did see his state championship game right? Because there is a reason that missipi jr colloge is recruiting him. I am a harsh critic of him,but this kid is not the real thing. I really hopes he proves me wrong and I will buy him a steak diner if I am wrong.

You guys did see his state championship game right? Because there is a reason that missipi jr colloge is recruiting him. I am a harsh critic of him,but this kid is not the real thing. I really hopes he proves me wrong and I will buy him a steak diner if I am wrong.

he lost to a top 15 program in the nation. calm down.

• Fire 1

I don't know why this kid doesnt get more love. Besides Seisey, he is arguabley one of the most important recruits in our current class. I love his game and there is no doubt he is going to be a good QB at the college level.

• Fire 1

...., but he looks like he needs a lot of work as a passer.

[sarcasm] Well I guess that excludes him from playing for us then. [/sarcasm]

Disagree with the originally quoted statement. I don't think he needs as much work as people think kids of his build do.

This is my kind of QB. I really like this kid to start when he is a sophomore.

Just from watching the October 2011 highlights above.... he looks just like Taylor Martinez to me. I see Tommy as effective against the talent he's up against at his current level as Taylor is up against the talent he is playing at his level. The difference: Tommy is playing against high school talent... Taylor is playing against D1 talent. When Tommy makes the jump next fall can he really be as effective as he is now with that whole new level and beat Taylor out... i'm not sure about that yet.

i watched the National championship game Monday... McCaron for Alabama knows how to throw that ball... always right in front of the receiver... stride for stride... those receivers didn't have to slow down at all it's right in front of them on the deep ball.... so the defender doesn't even have a chance to grab it. That kid looked smooth on his throws and made it easy for the receivers. I think we have some pretty good receivers and if they had balls thrown at them like that then we'd have a much much better offense.