Cody Green to transfer?

I think it's a bit premature to transfer. He has had chances, he just hasn't done real well with them. I agree that we gave him a scholly, food, team apparel, tutoring, plane rides to games, interviews, adulation, highlights at games on the jumbotron, etc, etc...in other words he was a product and we invested in making that product better, it's just that it didn't appear he was quite ever a finished product. After all the Univ invested in him, don't you think he could've stayed and maybe fulfilled some return on that investment? I always cheered for him and wished he wouldn't have been put in on his own goal line all the time, but the fact is, he wasn't really panning out.

that said, what if he was an amazing QB here for 3 years and won us couple CC's and had a record of 26-6 and decided to go to the NFL early would we raise such a stink? Probly not, but since he kinda didn't live up to expectations, it kinda seems like he's bailing on us a little bit. But i'm not going to call him a "loser" or a "quitter" like the marine, even though I love my Huskers, I won't judge a person that harshly at that young of an age.

I'll just move on.

You're right!! He still owes them!

They should really sue the kid, if you ask me...

that was a plain STUPID conclusion to the point I was making.

i didn't say we should sue him; but by appointing so many opportunities with which he could improve himself as a player and student, "don't you think he could've stayed and maybe fulfilled some return on that investment?"

simply by sticking it out, offering depth at a now very thin QB position, mentoring the younger QBs, and just leading by example as how to be a good teammate and citizen on and off the field.

How is it stupid? I'm agreeing with your sentiment. That investment cost the university money... All that food and tuition and apparel was given to him with the expectation of having a top tier "finished product" on the field. Obviously he wasn't trying hard enough and now he QUITS? After putting him on the JUMBOTRON and everything? Not on my watch! I say they sue him and get back OUR investment!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Do I need the sarcasm emoticon?

Edited by Roark

I think it's a bit premature to transfer. He has had chances, he just hasn't done real well with them. I agree that we gave him a scholly, food, team apparel, tutoring, plane rides to games, interviews, adulation, highlights at games on the jumbotron, etc, etc...in other words he was a product and we invested in making that product better, it's just that it didn't appear he was quite ever a finished product. After all the Univ invested in him, don't you think he could've stayed and maybe fulfilled some return on that investment? I always cheered for him and wished he wouldn't have been put in on his own goal line all the time, but the fact is, he wasn't really panning out.

that said, what if he was an amazing QB here for 3 years and won us couple CC's and had a record of 26-6 and decided to go to the NFL early would we raise such a stink? Probly not, but since he kinda didn't live up to expectations, it kinda seems like he's bailing on us a little bit. But i'm not going to call him a "loser" or a "quitter" like the marine, even though I love my Huskers, I won't judge a person that harshly at that young of an age.

I'll just move on.

You're right!! He still owes them!

They should really sue the kid, if you ask me...

that was a plain STUPID conclusion to the point I was making.

i didn't say we should sue him; but by appointing so many opportunities with which he could improve himself as a player and student, "don't you think he could've stayed and maybe fulfilled some return on that investment?"

simply by sticking it out, offering depth at a now very thin QB position, mentoring the younger QBs, and just leading by example as how to be a good teammate and citizen on and off the field.

How is it stupid? I'm agreeing with your sentiment. That investment cost the university money... All that food and tuition and apparel was given to him with the expectation of having a top tier "finished product" on the field. Obviously he wasn't trying hard enough and now he QUITS? After putting him on the JUMBOTRON and everything? Not on my watch! I say they sue him and get back OUR investment!!!!!!!!!!

Not%2BSure%2Bif%2Bserious.jpg

Well, Knappic, Herc, and Saunders, you guys never disappoint. For you three, questioning Martinez in a thread is like dumping a bucket of bloody chum into shark-infested water.

I know it's hard to win an argument over the Internet, but you guys actually did it. I see the light now. All the apprehension over Martinez is a total media fabrication, along with a good bit of imagination by yours truly (and similarly imaginative, vindictive fans). There really is nothing to the widespread concerns about his attitude and leadership capabilities. It was purely coincidental that his father felt compelled to issue a statement at the end of the season confirming that Martinez is staying with Nebraska and hopes to improve as a leader. Pelini's much-publicized sideline rant was an overreaction to a one-time event and was in no way a consequence of prior events. Anyone who says otherwise is just a "hater" and takes sadistic glee in seeing a young man fail. The only question now is whether Rex is going to follow Martinez's example about how to be a leader and teammate.

Yes very well said. Everytime somebody mentions Martinez, they all cry hate. There was smoke to the fire that Martinez supposedly quit. He came back on the team and just like that was the starting QB. Yes you dont have to look it up its true. Almost 2 weeks to the day after Martinez supposedly "quit" and Bo wouldnt answer any questions about where Martinez was, he was the starting QB. That is all.

It was purely coincidental that his father felt compelled to issue a statement at the end of the season confirming that Martinez is staying with Nebraska and hopes to improve as a leader.

You're like the guy who is convinced Obama was born in Kenya, and then when the White House releases the actual birth certificate, you somehow twist it into a conspiracy theory that validates your own point of view.

I'm pretty sure that Martinez's father released a statement at the end of the season because they were sick and tired of people starting rumors about T-Mart transferring.

I also think that expecting a redshirt freshman to be the perfect leader for a football team is insane, but that argument's been had over and over again.

Anyways, let's keep our eye on the ball: The reason this discussion was started in this thread is to point out the hypocrisy in how people react to the news of Cody Green transferring compared to how they reacted to the rumor of Martinez transferring. This discussion isn't to compare the character of Martinez to Green or anyone else on the team. It's pointing out the reality that when there were mere rumors about Martinez transferring, fans on this board said, "Good riddance," and when those rumors turned out to be false, those same fans held a grudge against him anyways. Compare that to the well-wishers for Cody Green when he actually transfers, and you have a pretty clear example of basic hypocrisy within the fan base.

Anyways, let's keep our eye on the ball: The reason this discussion was started in this thread is to point out the hypocrisy in how people react to the news of Cody Green transferring compared to how they reacted to the rumor of Martinez transferring. This discussion isn't to compare the character of Martinez to Green or anyone else on the team. It's pointing out the reality that when there were mere rumors about Martinez transferring, fans on this board said, "Good riddance," and when those rumors turned out to be false, those same fans held a grudge against him anyways. Compare that to the well-wishers for Cody Green when he actually transfers, and you have a pretty clear example of basic hypocrisy within the fan base.

Their situations are _completely_ different, and I find it ridiculous that this board is STILL going on and on about something that may or may not have happened before last season even started.

Their situations are _completely_ different.

I disagree

I disagree

Then almighty Hercules tell us how they are the same. Dont cry hypocrisy, its starting to get old.

I disagree

Then almighty Hercules tell us how they are the same. Dont cry hypocrisy, its starting to get old.

I've already made the argument about 5 different times throughout the thread. I'm done. I just don't think the situations are nearly different enough to justify the radically different reactions from the fan base.

I disagree

TMart, a redshirt freshman, allegedly threw a hissy fit over not being the starting QB. He made a power move by quitting the team, in which the coaches acquiesced and named him the starter.

Green, a sophomore who has never looked comfortable in the offense we've been running, finally accepts he has no future at Nebraska and after allegedly being denied a request to play a different position, opts to play elsewhere.

These are not the same.

I disagree

TMart, a redshirt freshman, allegedly threw a hissy fit over not being the starting QB. He made a power move by quitting the team, in which the coaches acquiesced and named him the starter.

Green, a sophomore who has never looked comfortable in the offense we've been running, finally accepts he has no future at Nebraska and after allegedly being denied a request to play a different position, opts to play elsewhere.

These are not the same.

Except, he didn't quit the team. Cody did. You're right - they aren't the same.

• Fire 1

I disagree

These are not the same.

Just more internet rumors. I can't believe so many buy that Bo would cower to a player throwing a "hissy fit" and so then making him the starter. Geeeeshhhh....anything flies here. Anything at all.

Just more internet rumors. I can't believe so many buy that Bo would cower to a player throwing a "hissy fit" and so then making him the starter. Geeeeshhhh....anything flies here. Anything at all.

This is an extremely good point. Bo seems like anything but the type of guy who would let one player throw a tantrum and the player get his way.

While I don't believe it was a power play by any means to which Bo capitulated, Malth is spot on that the two scenarios are very different in nature. The potential role with the team given up for the current year, future opportunity at NU at QB, are very different, continuity of positions coaches and coordinator...all different.