Cody Green to transfer?

I'm glad you asked.

It's because a supposed insider claimed he knew the mindset and feelings of dozens of players, and how they thought about this one guy. How in the world would he know? Where is the proof? There are two sides to every story. And frankly there is enough speculation and shallow impression being continually passed off as "fact".

In fact, I don't doubt what da skers said.

But IF "Taylor very much does NOT have the support of the team" is what had been said, you would have responded with the exact same questions I posed above.

But since he said what you would like to believe, you have no problems with it, and are glad to accept this little bit of 'inside innuendo' as fact, reality, truth. Instead of calling it out as the dubiously accurate opinion you would consider any "information" you don't want to hear, to be.

And that's hypocrisy, my friend :)

I can only speak for myself, but the reason I like da skers' posts is because since I've been on the board, any of his inside info that turned out to be verifiable also turned out to be correct. As opposed to the rumor-peddlers that sold us outsiders the garbage about Martinez transferring. Furthermore, when da skers posts something, he doesn't do it with a snide "I know something you don't know" attitude, and he doesn't bring up personal issues he has with the particular persons involved. He's just matter-of-fact, and that's why those of us who don't like the character assassination crap appreciate his posts. As has been said by numerous posters in this thread, those of us defending Martinez aren't doing it because we love Martinez - we're doing it because we don't like the character attacks on him that happen frequently on this board with basically no logic or evidence to back it up, other than perhaps that you saw him for 1.5 seconds on TV not talking to anyone else on the sideline.

The reason we're having this discussion in this thread is not because we think Cody Green deserves to have his character attacked because he is transferring, but because we don't think the critics of Martinez are being anywhere near consistent with their reaction to Cody Green transferring.

• Fire 1

Terrelle Pryor is basically tearing down Ohio State around him, with stupid move after stupid move making headlines daily. Pryor's actions contributed to a revered coach being fired, his own suspension for five games (if not the rest of his career), and could lead to forfeiture of an entire season (2010). In response to these very real and very public failings, Ohio State fans are going online in droves to say how disappointed they are in his actions.

Taylor Martinez is perceived to have a bad attitude and he's crucified by Husker fans.

That's just sad.

Agreed, but to be fair, he's being crucified by message board fans. Not exactly a rational breed. There are lots of Husker fans out there who are hunky-dory with Taylor going into 2011.

After sitting the better part of the winter and spring out here, I'm willing to give Taylor the benefit of the doubt.

next time you go for a job interview, don't worry about perception, it's highly over rated.

Your company can hire on perception alone. Mine will use actual facts, like resumes, references and work experience.

i work for a Fortune 500 company and i am on a panel that does interviews for our department.

all things being equal, abilities and accomplishments, the perception of the candidates weighs greatly on our final hiring decision. we prefer team oriented individuals who can build relationships and foster a cross functional team approach to problem solving and management strategies.....yes, perception at the end of the day can be the determining factor as to who is promoted within our organization.....you obviously don't get it.

next time you go for a job interview, don't worry about perception, it's highly over rated.

Your company can hire on perception alone. Mine will use actual facts, like resumes, references and work experience.

i work for a Fortune 500 company and i am on a panel that does interviews for our department.

all things being equal, abilities and accomplishments, the perception of the candidates weighs greatly on our final hiring decision. we prefer team oriented individuals who can build relationships and foster a cross functional team approach to problem solving and management strategies.....yes, perception at the end of the day can be the determining factor as to who is promoted within our organization.....you obviously don't get it.

:facepalm:

No, you don't get it, and you should, because it's obvious. You are SOLELY basing your assessment of Martinez off of PERCEPTION. You have never met him. You have never spoken to him, you have NOTHING tangible in front of you like a resume, references or work history. You have watched him on TV, that's it. That's the equivalent of standing your candidates in a line, looking them over, and hiring the one who looks the part.

Is that what you do? Do you just look at your candidates?

Or do you actually check references? Do you meet them and conduct interviews with them? Do you read their resumes? Do you verify their qualifications?

When you answer that you do all of those things, you've just shot your premise down in flames.

i can see some of Hujan's points

Out of curiosity, which ones?

at this point i am not sure who TM is... i am not sure he has a real positive effect on the rest of the team, maybe he does, not sure, but he is damn sure no Tim Tebow, not that he has to be, but he is on the short side of leadership in his actions and on field chemistry and i will argue with you any day that the intangibles are what make a great QB. again, not trying to be vague, but the guy seems to be playing at times by himself...maybe i won't get that feeling this season, jury still out.....fire away.

Make no mistake. TM very much has the support of this team. Also note Rex is the leader of the team. Its a different dynamic with your RB as the team leader.

I like your posts da skers but God help you when the haters read bolded above. I hope you survive.....

lol.

speaking of hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy? What the heck are you talking about?

I'm glad you asked.

It's because a supposed insider claimed he knew the mindset and feelings of dozens of players, and how they thought about this one guy. How in the world would he know? Where is the proof? There are two sides to every story. And frankly there is enough speculation and shallow impression being continually passed off as "fact".

In fact, I don't doubt what da skers said.

But IF "Taylor very much does NOT have the support of the team" is what had been said, you would have responded with the exact same questions I posed above.

But since he said what you would like to believe, you have no problems with it, and are glad to accept this little bit of 'inside innuendo' as fact, reality, truth. Instead of calling it out as the dubiously accurate opinion you would consider any "information" you don't want to hear, to be.

And that's hypocrisy, my friend :)

You're right. . I'm not in the locker room but I've talked to the coaches who are and on more than one occasion the concern has been brought up in conversations as well as those with Tom. They are pretty frank people when you're face to face with them at events and have relationships with them. I think anyone who's actually spent time with them or heard them talk about the status of the team would agree. I think the last place they were at that was pretty publicly addressed was in Texas at a booster dinner. On more than one occasion the coaches (multiple coaches) expressed their confidence in TMart, the confidence the team had in him and the things he was doing. They said (paraphrasing) that there is a huge misconception about TMart among the fans and media it needs to stop. The fans need to back off.

I've had enough contact with people that yeah. . I can get a sense of what they are feeling. I don't speak for them, I'm sure not all of them feel that way, but I know there is a core (important core calling the shots and leading the team) that do.

Now. . you're welcome to believe me or feel free to think I'm making sh#t up. I don't care either way. I have more to risk by publicly discussing things I know about the program than I could ever gain from some internet message board popularity contest.

• Fire 1

You're judging Taylor based on pure perception, and zero facts. If you hire/judge someone based solely on perception, you should be fired.

You're judging Taylor based on pure perception, and zero facts. If you hire/judge someone based solely on perception, you should be fired.

and you would be fired from Hunter's company. Perception is huge in the hiring/promotion process. Is it the end all be all, no but its a bigger factor than you think. They look at your body language, how you carry yourself, how you speak. Do you have a firm handshake, make eye contact, dress nice for the interview. You could have the most outstanding resume and work history out there. But if your not Socialable, dress like a slob and lack confidence, you definately wouldnt be hired.

You're right. . I'm not in the locker room but I've talked to the coaches who are and on more than one occasion the concern has been brought up in conversations as well as those with Tom. They are pretty frank people when you're face to face with them at events and have relationships with them. I think anyone who's actually spent time with them or heard them talk about the status of the team would agree. I think the last place they were at that was pretty publicly addressed was in Texas at a booster dinner. On more than one occasion the coaches (multiple coaches) expressed their confidence in TMart, the confidence the team had in him and the things he was doing. They said (paraphrasing) that there is a huge misconception about TMart among the fans and media it needs to stop. The fans need to back off.

I've had enough contact with people that yeah. . I can get a sense of what they are feeling. I don't speak for them, I'm sure not all of them feel that way, but I know there is a core (important core calling the shots and leading the team) that do.

Now. . you're welcome to believe me or feel free to think I'm making sh#t up. I don't care either way. I have more to risk by publicly discussing things I know about the program than I could ever gain from some internet message board popularity contest.

da skers, while I don't take anyone's word as gospel, I do put a lot of stock in what you have (and some others as well) to say. As I said, I don't doubt what you've said at all. But the general consensus here has been to view any "inside" information with the utmost distrust, using similar language as I mocking posted above...unless it's positive. There's nothing wrong with hoping for the best, but it appears to be a double standard to me.

Appreciate what you have to share.

and you would be fired from Hunter's company. Perception is huge in the hiring/promotion process. Is it the end all be all, no but its a bigger factor than you think. They look at your body language, how you carry yourself, how you speak. Do you have a firm handshake, make eye contact, dress nice for the interview. You could have the most outstanding resume and work history out there. But if your not Socialable, dress like a slob and lack confidence, you definately wouldnt be hired.

Oh, come on. We're talking about something ten spots down on the list of reasons a person wouldn't be hired. REAL candidates all walk in wearing interview-appropriate clothing, are groomed, smell clean, etc. These things are important, sure, but they're not the MOST important thing. Visual perception is among the least important things when hiring the most qualified candidate, and someone who hires based on looks foremost is going to get fired from Hunter's company so fast their head will spin. Hunter doesn't do that himself. He wouldn't have a job if he made his conclusions based on looks.

Oh, come on. We're talking about something ten spots down on the list of reasons a person wouldn't be hired. REAL candidates all walk in wearing interview-appropriate clothing, are groomed, smell clean, etc. These things are important, sure, but they're not the MOST important thing. Visual perception is among the least important things when hiring the most qualified candidate, and someone who hires based on looks foremost is going to get fired from Hunter's company so fast their head will spin. Hunter doesn't do that himself. He wouldn't have a job if he made his conclusions based on looks.

Oh come on you didnt even read the whole post. Did I say a person would solely get hired based on looks???? No I didnt. I never said one outweighed the other, but to say that hiring someone based on a resume alone is crap. Just like saying hiring someone based "only" how they look is crap also. Its the whole package knap, you know that. A killer first impression doesnt hurt either.

Oh come on you didnt even read the whole post. Did I say a person would solely get hired based on looks???? No I didnt. I never said one outweighed the other, but to say that hiring someone based on a resume alone is crap. Just like saying hiring someone based "only" how they look is crap also. Its the whole package knap, you know that. A killer first impression doesnt hurt either.

We can take this tangent out to the nth degree and nail down exactly what a hiring process entails, but that won't help us in this discussion. The reality is, whether we're talking about hiring or gauging the character of a quarterback we've never met, basing your decision solely on visual cues is foolish. Are you really arguing that it isn't?

And you'd be fired for piss poor reading comprehension. Sweet Jesus.... this thread went full retard. I wouldn't work for any company that hired candidates solely based on perception, because it would be full of idiots.

Pot, meet kettle.