Cody Green to transfer?

Per Joe Schad on Twitter:

Nebraska QB Cody Green has requested his release an is exploring transfer options

Lack of experience now is going to be huge at QB. It's going to be up to Taylor to mature and develop this summer.

Is this official? I would not be surprised at all. All those thinking our QB depth was so good this year, should now revisit those thoughts. It is as of now, dangerously thin. I can only think of two scholarship quarterbacks on the roster, am I missing anyone?

Best of luck to Cody. I hope he makes the most of his year off, and gets a chance to start elsewhere. It didn't work out here and it's too bad, but things like that happen all the time. Hope he lands in a good system.

Is this official? I would not be surprised at all. All those thinking our QB depth was so good this year, should now revisit those thoughts. It is as of now, dangerously thin. I can only think of two scholarship quarterbacks on the roster, am I missing anyone?

Best of luck to Cody. I hope he makes the most of his year off, and gets a chance to start elsewhere. It didn't work out here and it's too bad, but things like that happen all the time. Hope he lands in a good system.

Besides a pair of walk on's, you would be correct. Wonder if Jamal Turner gets moved back to QB now.

I will say this about Cody Green. He was always on the sidelines with a smile on his face, very supportive of his teammates and coaches in interviews and just generally a positive person. Doesn't sound like he considered a position change at all? Best of luck to him. Wish he would stay on the team but best of luck to him all the same.

Man our fans are really gonna be hoping Bubba comes now. If he doesn't, does this mean that Turner get moved back to QB. It's really too bad about Spano.

Bubba is being projected as the second pick over all in the draft. If that happens he's not coming here. This is one of the reasons I was concerned about JT moving to receiver without really testing things out at QB. He has a better shot at playing at the next level at WR but it wasn't was best for this team. RKJ was about equal to Green in terms of depth cart at the end of spring so our #3 hasn't really changed much. Whats changed is our need to recruit qbs quick. We have a sophomore and a redshirt freshman and then nada. TMart haters better hope he heals up 100%. That's part of the reason he was encouraged to go home for the month of May.

I wish Green well. He handled things in the public very well and he's a stand up guy.

• Fire 1
Whats changed is our need to recruit qbs quick.

Agreed Devin Fuller, Steve Donatell, Anthoy Alford, Tommy Armstrong, Jameis Winston, and Alonzo Moore have to see a great oppurtunity here at Nebraska. With CG leaving, these kids are top of needs list right now, this is going to test Beck's ability to convince a heavily recruited QB to come to Nebraska. I have faith in him.

So can we officially start offering QBs in the 2012 recruiting class? Or do we still wait for Bubba?

QB offers already out:

Devin Fuller

Steve Donatell

Anthony Alford

Alonzo Moore

Tommy Armstrong

Jameis Winston

And to answer the Bubba question: No, we need to take 2 QB's in this class no matter if he comes or not. All of a sudden we are thin at that position.

• Fire 1