Cody Green to transfer?

well, i am just a fan with an opinion like you, i have a hollow feeling about the guy, nothing personal, but just a feeling........ever had a little intuition about someone and have it turn out to be correct?....how well do you know TM? have lunch, hang out together much?

The people that are disagreeing with Martinez' character aren't calling him a great, stand-up guy who loves his teammates. We're merely pointing out the stupidity of judging a kid based on internet message boards and sideline demeanor. I don't think anything about Martinez' character because I don't know him, and chances are nobody who posts on this board really knows him either.

I have a friend who has six tattoos, at least six piercings and frequently sports a horrifying leather jacket. He's also a bio-chem major at an east coast university with a full ride and is expected to graduate with top honors next year. Perceptions aren't everything.

I'm still confused as to how internet rumors and opinions of Martinez' sideline demeanor are being used as hard fact.

This day and age, it seems to be perfectly acceptable to make sh*t up...

As proven by some folks around here. I know this and this, but then asked about their sources, "I can't tell you". That is making sh*t up to be the cool kid on the playground.

Unless somebody says it, then it's probably BS....

Gotta love them internets.

i can see some of Hujan's points

Out of curiosity, which ones?

at this point i am not sure who TM is... i am not sure he has a real positive effect on the rest of the team, maybe he does, not sure, but he is damn sure no Tim Tebow, not that he has to be, but he is on the short side of leadership in his actions and on field chemistry and i will argue with you any day that the intangibles are what make a great QB. again, not trying to be vague, but the guy seems to be playing at times by himself...maybe i won't get that feeling this season, jury still out.....fire away.

Make no mistake. TM very much has the support of this team. Also note Rex is the leader of the team. Its a different dynamic with your RB as the team leader.

I like your posts da skers but God help you when the haters read bolded above. I hope you survive.....

lol.

speaking of hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy? What the heck are you talking about?

I'm glad you asked.

It's because a supposed insider claimed he knew the mindset and feelings of dozens of players, and how they thought about this one guy. How in the world would he know? Where is the proof? There are two sides to every story. And frankly there is enough speculation and shallow impression being continually passed off as "fact".

In fact, I don't doubt what da skers said.

But IF "Taylor very much does NOT have the support of the team" is what had been said, you would have responded with the exact same questions I posed above.

But since he said what you would like to believe, you have no problems with it, and are glad to accept this little bit of 'inside innuendo' as fact, reality, truth. Instead of calling it out as the dubiously accurate opinion you would consider any "information" you don't want to hear, to be.

And that's hypocrisy, my friend :)

I'm glad you asked.

It's because a supposed insider claimed he knew the mindset and feelings of dozens of players], and how they thought about this one guy. How in the world would he know? Where is the proof? There are two sides to every story. And frankly there is enough speculation and shallow impression being continually passed off as "fact".

But if "Taylor very much does not have the support of the team" is what had been said, you would have responded with the exact same questions I posed above.

But since he said what you would like to believe, you have problems with it, and are glad to accept this little bit of 'inside innuendo' as fact, reality, truth. Instead of calling it out as the dubiously accurate opinion you would consider any "information" you don't want to hear, to be.

I have a tough time believing anybody telling me that something is true, when they can't tell me why, when, or where they came across the information.

Too often, what could be passed off as speculation, is regarded as fact.

at this point i am not sure who TM is... i am not sure he has a real positive effect on the rest of the team, maybe he does, not sure, but he is damn sure no Tim Tebow, not that he has to be, but he is on the short side of leadership in his actions and on field chemistry and i will argue with you any day that the intangibles are what make a great QB. again, not trying to be vague, but the guy seems to be playing at times by himself...maybe i won't get that feeling this season, jury still out.....fire away.

Make no mistake. TM very much has the support of this team. Also note Rex is the leader of the team. Its a different dynamic with your RB as the team leader.

I like your posts da skers but God help you when the haters read bolded above. I hope you survive.....

lol.

speaking of hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy? What the heck are you talking about?

I'm glad you asked.

It's because a supposed insider claimed he knew the mindset and feelings of dozens of players, and how they thought about this one guy. How in the world would he know? Where is the proof? There are two sides to every story. And frankly there is enough speculation and shallow impression being continually passed off as "fact".

But IF "Taylor very much does NOT have the support of the team" is what had been said, you would have responded with the exact same questions I posed above.

But since he said what you would like to believe, you have no problems with it, and are glad to accept this little bit of 'inside innuendo' as fact, reality, truth. Instead of calling it out as the dubiously accurate opinion you would consider any "information" you don't want to hear, to be.

zoogies, you just gotta be kidding me.

Sure, it may be true that the team supports him or not. It may be true that the team hates him or not. The only point me and many others are saying is that there's zero proof either way so why all the endless negative rumors that get counted as "fact" by posters here?

You sure as hell don't see 5,000 threads/posts about his positive attitude do you? You're just arguing semantics or not paying attention at all.

lol.

speaking of hypocrisy.

I'll be ok. But sometimes arguments take on their own life and everyone forgets and we need to be reminded of reality a bit.

I'm glad you asked.

And God forbid that we should believe the best of our players, right?

II will freely admit that he has seemed like a petulant child on the sidelines at times, but we need to take into account that we really don't know who this kid is during the other 90% of the time when we don't see him.

What exactly have you seen that gives you this feeling? Because it ain't on camera.

I'm glad you asked.

And God forbid that we should believe the best of our players, right?

tOSU sure did...and their coach too. :)

You sure as hell don't see 5,000 threads/posts about his positive attitude do you? You're just arguing semantics or not paying attention at all.

kind of odd considering nothing negative could possibly be true right?

Terrelle Pryor is basically tearing down Ohio State around him, with stupid move after stupid move making headlines daily. Pryor's actions contributed to a revered coach being fired, his own suspension for five games (if not the rest of his career), and could lead to forfeiture of an entire season (2010). In response to these very real and very public failings, Ohio State fans are going online in droves to say how disappointed they are in his actions.

Taylor Martinez is perceived to have a bad attitude and he's crucified by Husker fans.

That's just sad.

• Fire 1

Terrelle Pryor is basically tearing down Ohio State around him, with stupid move after stupid move making headlines daily. Pryor's actions contributed to a revered coach being fired, his own suspension for five games (if not the rest of his career), and could lead to forfeiture of an entire season (2010). In response to these very real and very public failings, Ohio State fans are going online in droves to say how disappointed they are in his actions.

Taylor Martinez is perceived to have a bad attitude and he's crucified by Husker fans.

That's just sad.

Notice how those same fans have yet to provide any shred of tangible evidence.

That's just sad.

some just take it too personal...on both sides of this argument. i personally do not think t-mart will start more than a dozen or so more games for the Huskers during his career. whether it is injury, off field circumstances, another player taking over the position...i'm not sure. i just don't think he is the QB of the future. I can't provide tangible evidence to back that opinion up. just like I can't provide any tangible evidence to back up the opinion that he will be our starting QB the next couple years. it's just my opinion that he won't be. maybe it's yours that he will. not a big deal either way.

the other stuff, rumors and whatever. who cares. usually where there's smoke there's fire though. it doesn't always gel with the fanbase, but sometimes these things turn out to be true. ask tOSU. sometimes not. (can't think of any examples off the top of my head) you didn't hear people talking about Suh so negatively...because they had no reason too. Cody Green had a number of mistake filled games yet no one questioned his character. No one questioned Lee's character. No one questioned Ganz's. No one questioned Taylor's. We did question Sam Keller's though. And a lot of people question Martinez's. who knows why, but it doesn't usually just pop up there because someone decided to lie on a message board one day. it's convenient to write it off that way though.

That's just sad.

some just take it too personal...on both sides of this argument. i personally do not think t-mart will start more than a dozen or so more games for the Huskers during his career. whether it is injury, off field circumstances, another player taking over the position...i'm not sure. i just don't think he is the QB of the future. I can't provide tangible evidence to back that opinion up. just like I can't provide any tangible evidence to back up the opinion that he will be our starting QB the next couple years. it's just my opinion that he won't be. maybe it's yours that he will. not a big deal either way.

the other stuff, rumors and whatever. who cares. usually where there's smoke there's fire though. it doesn't always gel with the fanbase, but sometimes these things turn out to be true. ask tOSU. sometimes not. (can't think of any examples off the top of my head) you didn't hear people talking about Suh so negatively...because they had no reason too. Cody Green had a number of mistake filled games yet no one questioned his character. No one questioned Lee's character. No one questioned Ganz's. No one questioned Taylor's. We did question Sam Keller's though. And a lot of people question Martinez's. who knows why, but it doesn't usually just pop up there because someone decided to lie on a message board one day. it's convenient to write it off that way though.

People bagged on Suh in 2007, before the Pelini's got here. People bagged on Lee too, after it was apparent that he wasn't getting it done. The fact is, when players aren't performing to fan expectations (and the expectations for Taylor were retardedly high) then the mudflinging begins. Criticizing play on the field is one thing. There's evidence and facts to back that up. But much of the bullsh#t spewed on here has no truthful basis whatsoever. There's a difference between "I feel (noting opinion) Taylor isn't a good leader," and "Taylor is a jackass and a teamkiller (passed as fact)." And even then, when asked about what evidence makes them feel that way, those people hide, or try to spin it.

That's what I have a problem with.