Cody Green to transfer?

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_1bdfdcac-2e8f-57e0-a6dc-e54d49948cab.html

While confirming Tuesday that he is planning to transfer from the Nebraska football program, Cody Green described the decision to leave as being "very difficult" in a statement released by the athletic department.

"I have enjoyed my time at Nebraska and am thankful for my teammates and the opportunities the coaching staff gave me to better myself as a player and a person," Green said. "The support of the fans here has been great and my time as a Husker will never be forgotten."

The junior quarterback said the decision did not come easily for him or his family.

"It was by far one of the hardest things I've ever done," Green said.

back on topic....

at this point i am not sure who TM is... i am not sure he has a real positive effect on the rest of the team, maybe he does, not sure, but he is damn sure no Tim Tebow, not that he has to be, but he is on the short side of leadership in his actions and on field chemistry and i will argue with you any day that the intangibles are what make a great QB. again, not trying to be vague, but the guy seems to be playing at times by himself...maybe i won't get that feeling this season, jury still out.....fire away.

When did you meet Martinez? Or is this all coming from what you've seen on TV?

well, i am just a fan with an opinion like you, i have a hollow feeling about the guy, nothing personal, but just a feeling........ever had a little intuition about someone and have it turn out to be correct?....how well do you know TM? have lunch, hang out together much?

I think it's pretty obvious why I asked those questions.

In these scenarios outlined, if Player A should leave, then you might expect "Class Act, sorry it couldn't work out here, best of luck" comments. If Player B should leave, you might expect "Oh well, best of luck, see ya" comments, with a bit of "Really? Season's about to start and he leaves? Um, okay..." Not hatred, mind you, but just a lack of "kid's been a class act entire time he's been here, and has handled all this professionally". I think that's fair, don't you?

Do you honestly think the "Um, okay..." comments are what people are talking about here comparing the treatment Green is receiving to that of Martinez?

at this point i am not sure who TM is... i am not sure he has a real positive effect on the rest of the team, maybe he does, not sure, but he is damn sure no Tim Tebow, not that he has to be, but he is on the short side of leadership in his actions and on field chemistry and i will argue with you any day that the intangibles are what make a great QB. again, not trying to be vague, but the guy seems to be playing at times by himself...maybe i won't get that feeling this season, jury still out.....fire away.

well, i am just a fan with an opinion like you, i have a hollow feeling about the guy, nothing personal, but just a feeling........ever had a little intuition about someone and have it turn out to be correct?....how well do you know TM? have lunch, hang out together much?

i think it is pretty obvious you have no argument here. i suspect Hujan sees what i see when the kid is on field, not all positive.....i said the jury is still out, that will just have to be good enough for you, since you have failed to engage.

i think it is pretty obvious you have no argument here. i suspect Hujan sees what i see when the kid is on field, not all positive.....i said the jury is still out, that will just have to be good enough for you, since you have failed to engage.

Um, no, I have an indisputable argument here. My argument is, neither you nor Hujan have any idea what this kid is like. All you know about him is what you see on TV and read on message boards. Since neither of you have met him, let alone know him, you have zero basis on which to make such statements about his character.

I thought that was perfectly obvious, but I'm happy to spell it out for you if you need help.

And before you counter with, "You don't know Martinez either" think about this - I have never, ever made a statement about Martinez' character. I have only made the very obvious observation, over and over and over and over, that those denouncing his character, or agreeing with those who do, have based their character analysis on rumor and perception.

Um, no, I have an indisputable argument here. My argument is, neither you nor Hujan have any idea what this kid is like. All you know about him is what you see on TV and read on message boards. Since neither of you have met him, let alone know him, you have zero basis on which to make such statements about his character.

I thought that was perfectly obvious, but I'm happy to spell it out for you if you need help.

And before you counter with, "You don't know Martinez either" think about this - I have never, ever made a statement about Martinez' character. I have only made the very obvious observation, over and over and over and over, that those denouncing his character, or agreeing with those who do, have based their character analysis on rumor and perception.

next time you go for a job interview, don't worry about perception, it's highly over rated.

i can see some of Hujan's points

Out of curiosity, which ones?

Make no mistake. TM very much has the support of this team. Also note Rex is the leader of the team. Its a different dynamic with your RB as the team leader.

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_1bdfdcac-2e8f-57e0-a6dc-e54d49948cab.html

While confirming Tuesday that he is planning to transfer from the Nebraska football program, Cody Green described the decision to leave as being "very difficult" in a statement released by the athletic department.

"I have enjoyed my time at Nebraska and am thankful for my teammates and the opportunities the coaching staff gave me to better myself as a player and a person," Green said. "The support of the fans here has been great and my time as a Husker will never be forgotten."

The junior quarterback said the decision did not come easily for him or his family.

"It was by far one of the hardest things I've ever done," Green said.

back on topic....

Ive heard a rumor (not from a coach but a friend of the program) that a call was made to on his behalf to a Texas school. I've heard both Baylor and Houston from two other places. The latter makes more sense. The have a qb entering his last year and the level of competition is lower.

Make no mistake. TM very much has the support of this team. Also note Rex is the leader of the team. Its a different dynamic with your RB as the team leader.

I like your posts da skers but God help you when the haters read bolded above. I hope you survive.....

next time you go for a job interview, don't worry about perception, it's highly over rated.

That would mean something if we were involved with the program and decisions regarding it. In the case of Bo freaking out on the sidelines, perception means more than reality, but as far as TMart's attitude and dynamic with the team, it means less. The perception the team has of him isn't necessarily even close to ours, and their view is infinitely more important. I will freely admit that he has seemed like a petulant child on the sidelines at times, but we need to take into account that we really don't know who this kid is during the other 90% of the time when we don't see him. Something I've posted before but that no one seems to pay attention to is that maybe he's just kind of introverted. I know from a lifetime of experience that introverted behavior is constantly misinterpreted as something it's not.

I like your posts da skers but God help you when the haters read bolded above. I hope you survive.....

lol.

speaking of hypocrisy.

I think everybody's opinion about Taylor Martinez is correct because the guy was all over the place -- Heisman hopeful to supposedly quitting the team within weeks. The injury didn't explain everything and half of every rumor was true.

But he's still here and he'll be starting and that will be the test of his character.

I got no gut feeling on this. Could go in any direction.

But his first half-season last year was one of the most exciting in Husker football.

lol.

speaking of hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy? What the heck are you talking about?

I'm still confused as to how internet rumors and opinions of Martinez' sideline demeanor are being used as hard fact.

This day and age, it seems to be perfectly acceptable to make sh*t up...

As proven by some folks around here. I know this and this, but then asked about their sources, "I can't tell you". That is making sh*t up to be the cool kid on the playground.

Unless somebody says it, then it's probably BS....