Chances of Pryor returning to OSU=0

Yeah, Fickell is really their only option. They have to play hurry up and wait to see what the NCAA does with possible sanctions. And if the NCAA drops a bomb on tOSU, then they'll be hard pressed to find somebody willing to take the job.

And who knows, if Fickell has success, even with all the odds stacked against him, might hang on to the job.

It all depends on how big the sanctions are. If they get hammered, Fickell will probably be their guy through the sanctions. They could have a couple of horrible recruiting classes coming up, too.

Yeah, Fickell is really their only option. They have to play hurry up and wait to see what the NCAA does with possible sanctions. And if the NCAA drops a bomb on tOSU, then they'll be hard pressed to find somebody willing to take the job.

And who knows, if Fickell has success, even with all the odds stacked against him, might hang on to the job.

It all depends on how big the sanctions are. If they get hammered, Fickell will probably be their guy through the sanctions. They could have a couple of horrible recruiting classes coming up, too.

You can't think that they're gonna skate through this after everything that happened with USC. I think OSU is about ready to man their ankles, and prepare to be boarded....

this is one thing i really like about bo is that he controls the hype amongst his players.... in interviews they all seem to have that humble team attitude (if not im sure beating ensue in locker room).... no one seems to have the 'im bigger than the team mentality'

and i think this is how things get out of hand at OSU.... (i refuse to add the t sorrry)... people walk in and out like they are the high high sh#t and this obviously leads to a sense of entitlement invinsability and so forth... but why the hell not when the football team from the sound of it was allowed to run the school in many many ways.....

the point being bo makes you earn it and makes sure you know it can be taken away if you get out of line... now we all know there is egos on the team but in terms of whats going on at other schools they seeem small in comparision....

Yeah, I'm never doing that either.

(i refuse to add the t sorrry)

Because they say "THE Ohio State University?" I've always found that pretentious and unnecessary, probably like you two. Do they really think anyone confuses Ohio State with the Ohio Bobcats? I put the "t" on there sometimes as a joke, kind of the opposite reason they do it.

this is one thing i really like about bo is that he controls the hype amongst his players.... in interviews they all seem to have that humble team attitude (if not im sure beating ensue in locker room).... no one seems to have the 'im bigger than the team mentality'

and i think this is how things get out of hand at OSU.... (i refuse to add the t sorrry)... people walk in and out like they are the high high sh#t and this obviously leads to a sense of entitlement invinsability and so forth... but why the hell not when the football team from the sound of it was allowed to run the school in many many ways.....

the point being bo makes you earn it and makes sure you know it can be taken away if you get out of line... now we all know there is egos on the team but in terms of whats going on at other schools they seeem small in comparision....

Me either. It's pompous as hell and Nebraska doesn't have to bow to anyone.

Me either. It's pompous as hell and Nebraska doesn't have to bow to anyone.

Count me in the group that will not be using the t. Why? oSu is easy to recognize against OSU so know Okie Lite comparisons. Plus, like Knappy I hate when they say THE Ohio State University. Is this really a big argument...egotistical and pretentious agreed Knapp.

Is this really an issue with other Universities in the state of Ohio. Note to OSU, you won that battle if it ever existed.

Maybe. It doesn't look like USC has been hurt too badly by their sanctions and OSU is on the same tier of program.

Some talking heads on the radio seem to think it's a good enough job that you take the job and ride out whatever sanctions they get. Probably the worst part of this news is enduring the next 6-8 months of rumors about Bo leaving NU.

Count me in the group that will not be using the t. Why? oSu is easy to recognize against OSU so know Okie Lite comparisons. Plus, like Knappy I hate when they say THE Ohio State University. Is this really a big argument...egotistical and pretentious agreed Knapp.

Is this really an issue with other Universities in the state of Ohio. Note to OSU, you won that battle if it ever existed.

Gosh Wally, don't forget the Beav(ers)

Because they say "THE Ohio State University?" I've always found that pretentious and unnecessary, probably like you two. Do they really think anyone confuses Ohio State with the Ohio Bobcats? I put the "t" on there sometimes as a joke, kind of the opposite reason they do it.

That's pretty much exactly it. It's just comes across as a little pompous, and, like you said, totally unnecessary. And the "thee" thing...it just annoys me, I gotta be honest.

Tressel had everything a coach could want. He had the recruits, he had the boosters. For the most part he had the support of the fans. Their's always going to be cheating but honestly this all sucks. He may have gotten what he deserved but he setback an entire school and football program with his stupid decisions. He had everything a head coach could want.

Now no Tressel or Pryor for the big showdown against us next year. I'm just thankful NU hasn't gotten involved in anything like this. GBR

Maybe. It doesn't look like USC has been hurt too badly by their sanctions and OSU is on the same tier of program.

The 2010 season wasn't going to showcase the sanctions USC received.

They were given a two year bowl ban (try telling a recruit to come to your school, saying no matter how good the team plays you won't go to a bowl game or championship) and they lose 30 scholarships over three years (10 a year).

Think about the gravity of that. The bowl ban is a big deal for revenue purposes and recruiting, but the scholarship limit is astronomical. Two years from now they will have 30 less scholarship players on their team than any other major division one program. Imagine Nebraska with 30 less scholarship players. Even with walk-ons that's a HUGE blow to talent on your team.

And once you're given full scholarship appropriations, you'll have to build yourself back up with 30 less players. It's a large feat, one that many people think USC may not be able to overcome for at least a decade.

It's history time folks:

The "The" was actually part of the state legislation when the university was renamed in 1878. The following excerpt is from the Board of Trustee minutes:

"...the educational institution heretofore known as the 'Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College,' shall be known and designated hereafter as 'The Ohio State University.'"

Hard to be pretentious when it was simply stating that Ohio State was the land grant university. We also didn't even have a football team back then.

It's history time folks:

The "The" was actually part of the state legislation when the university was renamed in 1878. The following excerpt is from the Board of Trustee minutes:

"...the educational institution heretofore known as the 'Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College,' shall be known and designated hereafter as 'The Ohio State University.'"

Hard to be pretentious when it was simply stating that Ohio State was the land grant university. We also didn't even have a football team back then.

Now, come on. The tone in which it's said by the players and coaches is not just talking about the actual name of the school. There's an inflection that wouldn't be there if that was the case.

It's history time folks:

Now, come on. The tone in which it's said by the players and coaches is not just talking about the actual name of the school. There's an inflection that wouldn't be there if that was the case.

What coaches say it? Sounds like the players are having fun with it. For all you know their intent was to make fun of it and it just held on. I mean granted your impression of it is your impression of it. But no matter what, legally, it's called THE Ohio State University.