Cody Green opens up about transfer

for the record he actually did refuse the move to another position, the coaches urged him to do it and he said no. thats the way it happened.

I would be more inclined to believe this if there was more evidence to it than an unknown internet username telling me that this is the way it is.

for the record he actually did refuse the move to another position, the coaches urged him to do it and he said no. thats the way it happened.

I would be more inclined to believe this if there was more evidence to it than an unknown internet username telling me that this is the way it is.

:yeah

That's because neither is wrong. Last year mid season he did offer to switch and the coaches shut it down because of everything going on. What he's not telling you is when he stated he was unhappy with his role after spring practice and he didn't believe he was best suited to qb this offense he was given the opportunity to switch to TE or LB by the coaches as we need depth there. Or he could continue on at QB and see how it played out.

Green is a great guy and was good for the team. As I understand he talked with a lot of people and there are at least two people who continue to tell him he has NFL level talent which IMO isn't true. At least not at the QB spot. I however don't blame the kid for chasing his dreams. I still also think he'll regret leaving.

Btw....it sounds like a new school might be interested too.

• Fire 1

Surprised he's not looking at SMU. June Jones is considered a good QB coach and has NFL coaching experience as well. His offenses are Run & Shoot but it's pass heavy. I'm guessing Cody would feel more comfortable in a pass heavy offense. SMU would be perfect for him if that's the case.

Surprised he's not looking at SMU. June Jones is considered a good QB coach and has NFL coaching experience as well. His offenses are Run & Shoot but it's pass heavy. I'm guessing Cody would feel more comfortable in a pass heavy offense. SMU would be perfect for him if that's the case.

He specifically says in that article that he does not want to be in a run and shoot type offense, and says our passing game is moving in that direction.

He also confirmed that he did have a concussion in the Iowa State game.

He specifically says in that article that he does not want to be in a run and shoot type offense, and says our passing game is moving in that direction.

Thanks. I misread GMoose's post above concerning the Run & Shoot.

Interesting that he characterizes the direction of our new offense as being Run & Shoot.

Thanks. I misread GMoose's post above concerning the Run & Shoot.

Interesting that he characterizes the direction of our new offense as being Run & Shoot.

not really, i expect Beck to implement some morphed type of offense between the spread and the R&S.

it will be fast paced and rather undisciplined i imagine, but we'll see. whatever it is, Cody knew he would never fit into it.

Green is a great guy and was good for the team. As I understand he talked with a lot of people and there are at least two people who continue to tell him he has NFL level talent which IMO isn't true. At least not at the QB spot. I however don't blame the kid for chasing his dreams. I still also think he'll regret leaving.

Btw....it sounds like a new school might be interested too.

Damn you Callahan and Watson

• Fire 2

thats cool you can believe what ya want and im sure thats the way it will go down in the history books.

all i can say is that there are 2 sides to every story and you will never hear the coaches side to the story.

da skers is close to what actually happened just has a couple of the minor details mixed around but you get the gist anyways.