Cody Green opens up about transfer

you can copy and paste, just not the whole article. He has already given the link.

I don't believe you are allowed to cut and paste premium material.

You are correct. I read it wrong earlier. It is supposed to be paraphrased in one paragraph.

So he goes and blabs to the press about how he's been wanting to transfer for a year, and all that stuff behind the scenes, and he's still a classy guy? I honestly don't get it. (in comparison to T-Mart, who hasn't blabbed about anything, and is still on the team).

He didn't "blab" about anything. He explained the reasoning behind his decision, didn't throw anyone under the bus, really blamed no one - and then further proved his class by reaching out to a potential future Husker which he certainly was in no way obligated to do.

Did you expect him to just walk away and no one would ever hear from him again? He did play for Nebraska, and this is the offseason...wasn't gonna happen.

So he goes and blabs to the press about how he's been wanting to transfer for a year, and all that stuff behind the scenes, and he's still a classy guy? I honestly don't get it. (in comparison to T-Mart, who hasn't blabbed about anything, and is still on the team).

some of these guys just dont like martinez and arent ashamed to hide it...

It's lose lose for him. If he talks a bunch of fluff than he's full of sh*t and if he is honest he's "blabbing." I respect his honesty.

Cody had an open forum to go all Ted Gilmore on former teammates and what not, but didn't because that IS the type team guy he is. Cody was always open to be the voice of the quarterbacks last year, and supported Taylor all year long. The kid gave it his all when called upon and it still wasn't enough for some. He did what was asked of him and his personal starting record was spotless in the L column. Wish the kid luck, thank him for what he did and let him move on. It is his choice, many of us in the same situation would probably be doing the same thing.

:facepalm:

lmao blabbing?

Just stop.

Cody has a chat with Sipple about many things, including Bubba, Martinez, his future and the new offense. Here's part of the conversation about the new offense:

Green said Nebraska's offense "is moving toward a direction that really didn't suit me." In other words, first-year Husker offensive coordinator Tim Beck's system may be devoid of the West Coast elements that were so prevalent in former coordinator Shawn Watson's attack, and seemed to bog it down.

Beck's system is "easier to understand, easier for the guys to take in and play fast than it was with Coach Watson and the whole West Coast-Bill Callahan era, when they had a playbook that weighed five pounds," Green said.

LINK

Green is very complimentary towards Marty, and we can put the notion that Sipple has negative energy toward Cody to rest. That was clearly a misunderstanding by people reading that article a week or so ago.

The vibe I get from Green's comments about Starling make me think Starling will take the MLB contract, so we're going to be really raw behind Martinez this year. If he goes down again, Carnes is going to have to turn into a Man overnight.

Cody had good things to say about Martinez' development later in the article. Seems like Martinez is progressing. It just remains to be seen how much, and how much better he can be delivering the ball and making decisions. Carnes, allegedly, has the tools. If he has the mental part down and Martinez falters, it'll be interesting to see if they give Carnes the ball.

I feel like Carnes is in a better position right now than Martinez was at this point last year. If Martinez happens to go down, and Carnes can come in and produce 75% of what Martinez did at the beginning of last year I'll have no problems :). Big 'if' though. Seeing what Martinez did last year (first half) as a young buck gives me a little comfort in our QB situation. With Beck simplifying things, it should be even easier for Carnes to contribute. I just hope we see A LOT of Carnes early on - because that means we're up 3 scores and Martinez isn't risking injury. He doesn't need to be playing much of the second half these first 4 games IMO.