Cool Big Ten Stadium Chants

CO_hawk

Both those last two are less than flattering. I hate when people cant respect each other. I mean come on, yes I want Iowa to win but not at the cost of giving up my self respect, or to the point it reflects badly on the Hawks. I have always hated that about B10 ball, fans get so drunk and wound up and that's never a good combo. I like to banter back an fourth, but almost full beer cans at some idiots head? Not cool. The way I grew up, some of those Penn Staters would have ended up in the hospital if not dead, and thats just stupid. Wonder what kind of crap a death would bring down on the conf??

I deleted those if someone wants to see that, they can look it up on their own. Shouldn't have posted them.

Well, they dont have alot to say about it. Youtube, Nebraska PLAYER knocks out Missou fan.

Both those last two are less than flattering. I hate when people cant respect each other. I mean come on, yes I want Iowa to win but not at the cost of giving up my self respect, or to the point it reflects badly on the Hawks. I have always hated that about B10 ball, fans get so drunk and wound up and that's never a good combo. I like to banter back an fourth, but almost full beer cans at some idiots head? Not cool. The way I grew up, some of those Penn Staters would have ended up in the hospital if not dead, and thats just stupid. Wonder what kind of crap a death would bring down on the conf??

I deleted those if someone wants to see that, they can look it up on their own. Shouldn't have posted them.

Well, they dont have alot to say about it. Youtube, Nebraska PLAYER knocks out Missou fan.

:facepalm: Why not just play the Lawrence Phillips card?

I don't know what videos were originally posted, but the Nebraska fan base doesn't have much of a dark side on gamedays. I've heard of Colorado fans throwing beer bottles, had beer bottles thrown at me at Missouri, knew of people who got abused at Penn State back in 2002, but I've never heard or seen anything like that happen at Nebraska. The closest thing I ever saw at Nebraska was some drunk guy in the student section get a little tough with a couple of colorado fans just trying to walk to their seats, and basically the entire student section came down on that one idiotic bully.

When you come to Lincoln, you're about 99.9% more likely to have a Husker fan buy you a beer after the game than to have one thrown at you.

:facepalm: Why not just play the Lawrence Phillips card?

I don't know what videos were originally posted, but the Nebraska fan base doesn't have much of a dark side on gamedays. I've heard of Colorado fans throwing beer bottles, had beer bottles thrown at me at Missouri, knew of people who got abused at Penn State back in 2002, but I've never heard or seen anything like that happen at Nebraska. The closest thing I ever saw at Nebraska was some drunk guy in the student section get a little tough with a couple of colorado fans just trying to walk to their seats, and basically the entire student section came down on that one idiotic bully.

When you come to Lincoln, you're about 99.9% more likely to have a Husker fan buy you a beer after the game than to have one thrown at you.

And that is how it should be. Like I said it's mainly the 18 to 24 years olds in almost all the vids of B10 people acting like A holes.

What you have described is EXACTLY why I want to attend a game down there. Have a beer together, watch a good ball game. It's so simple.

Both those last two are less than flattering. I hate when people cant respect each other. I mean come on, yes I want Iowa to win but not at the cost of giving up my self respect, or to the point it reflects badly on the Hawks. I have always hated that about B10 ball, fans get so drunk and wound up and that's never a good combo. I like to banter back an fourth, but almost full beer cans at some idiots head? Not cool.

It is unfortunate, I don't do these things, but as a new member to the Big Ten Nebraska fans deserve to know.

I agree, they need to see the bad side of their new conf, I will say most of it is students and students friends. Not the avg fan. I try and avoid those areas, but if I was in one, I dont care who's who, I am going to get involved.

Again I say it's dumb. You get drunk, throw an almost full can of beer, hit a kid wrong, he dies, you just spent 100,000 on an education that wont mean cr@p when Bubba is cramming it to you.

All conferences have that problem and then some. You should see European soccer or down South Americas go at it, if one team loses, a brawl. LOL The chants, uh, I could live without it. Have a nice week.

The student section at UW-Madison has a chant:

I'm an a-hole, I'm an a-hole I'm an a-hole yes I am

but I'd rather be an a-hole than to sit in section O

then the freshman section (O) yells back and forth to the rest

f#*k you!

Eat sh#t!

f#*k you!

Eat sh#t!

They also sit down and grab each other's shoulders and row after one chant/song (forget)

Furthermore, one of their songs has some ridiculous lyrics. "If you want to be a badger"

http://www.badgerband.com/music/badger.php

Surprised to see nobody put this up yet. Speaking as a student, we personally don't do a lot besides the shoe thing and the "GO BIG RED" flag. As for the crowd in general, however, we are loud as hell for the entire game (so long as it's competitive) and the "Husker Power" chant is awesome. It's excellent prelude for the Tunnel Walk (which is probably going to win the sportsnation college football tradition tourney).

I really wish they would bring back chief Illiniwek, that was pretty cool. Wisconsin and Penn st. student sections are definitely the best tons more on them if any cares to see more.

Yes he was pretty good. I also think OH marching band, spelling it out is pretty impressive. I never understood why Native americans would take offense to having their culture, or what ever, being brought front and center.

If a team is good you likely wont here any complaints from the Native Americans. If a team sucks and has a Native American conotation then they will raise hell about it.

I really wish they would bring back chief Illiniwek, that was pretty cool. Wisconsin and Penn st. student sections are definitely the best tons more on them if any cares to see more.

Yes he was pretty good. I also think OH marching band, spelling it out is pretty impressive. I never understood why Native americans would take offense to having their culture, or what ever, being brought front and center.

It's not their culture. It's a caricature, it's modern day black-face minstrelsy. I mean, we (as in white people) systematically wiped them (Native Americans) off the face of the continent over the course of a century that makes the holocaust look like playtime, and you're wondering why Native Americans might take offense when we think it's cool to name our sports teams stuff like the "Redskins?" Why not have a team called the "Fightin' Field Hands" with a black mascot who has giant pink lips and just goes around eating watermelons?

It's not their culture. It's a caricature, it's modern day black-face minstrelsy. I mean, we (as in white people) systematically wiped them (Native Americans) off the face of the continent over the course of a century that makes the holocaust look like playtime, and you're wondering why Native Americans might take offense when we think it's cool to name our sports teams stuff like the "Redskins?" Why not have a team called the "Fightin' Field Hands" with a black mascot who has giant pink lips and just goes around eating watermelons?

Or spitting on people and actually putting in ads, need not apply if you are Irish. Yet we still have the fighting Irish, dont we. OR maybe we could go with religion better call up the saints and tell them to change. I know what white people did to the native americans, I just think some people take it a bit far.

I would take it as a sign of respect. Some people are just a little to thin skinned, if you ask me.

I'd been looking for this for awhile so I'll just post it here. (Maybe it's been posted on the forum before, I just don't feel like looking). I just wonder how much size is a factor in how crappy the student section is. I don't know much about the various student sections. Are most student sections relegated to the crappy areas of stadiums?

Anyway, here are the sizes of some student sections (in 2008) Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/bcsconstellation

aTm: 29,736

Ohio State: 29,675

Penn State: 21,456

Michigan: 21,240

Texas: 18,829

Baylor: 15,000

Purdue: 15,000

Michigan State: 14,250

Wisconsin: 13,654

Oklahoma St.: 12,000

TTech: 11,830

Colorado: 11,825

Iowa: 10,587

Illinois: 10,274

Minnesota: 10,267

Kansas: 10,014

Kansas State: 9,000

Missouri: 8,960

Oklahoma: 8,211

Nebraska: 8,106

Northwestern: 7,880

Iowa State: 7,700

Indiana: 4,922

Obviously student body size is a factor too. Nebraska isn't a gigantic school like some of those. (Penn State has 44,000 students who attend their main campus). Same thing with Wisconsin.

On the other hand, there are more fanatic Nebraska fans, I'm assuming. Student tickets sold out in 10 days or so this year. I really doubt it would be a problem to sell out the tickets to a larger number of students.