Cody Green to Kansas State

Hmmmm...visiting USC?

ESPN Link

:facepalm: to Joe Schad for providing Cody's passing stats. As if those are the only measurables for a QB. Why don't people who cover college football for a living ever learn that running QBs can be winners at this level? Passing is not the only stat that matters for college QBs. Cody will make his living with his legs, not his arm. He's not a passing QB, per se.

"Green was a highly recruited quarterback from Dayton, Texas, who was beaten out by Taylor Martinez last season as the Trojans' starter."

Hmmmm...visiting USC?

ESPN Link

:facepalm: to Joe Schad for providing Cody's passing stats. As if those are the only measurables for a QB. Why don't people who cover college football for a living ever learn that running QBs can be winners at this level? Passing is not the only stat that matters for college QBs. Cody will make his living with his legs, not his arm. He's not a passing QB, per se.

Yikes.

• Fire 2

Hmmmm...visiting USC?

ESPN Link

Wait. . .Cody is transferring because he's an NFL caliber QB. How many running qbs make it big in the NFL?

Why would USC bother hosting him unless they think they can get him to walk on? They have plenty of QB's and not very many scholarships. This just doesn't make sense.

This is 100% speculation, but maybe Gilmore pulled some strings to have USC host him, never intending to bring him in, but just to improve his reputation. Kind of, "USC is looking at him? Maybe I'd better take a second look..."

I would imagine after his USC tryout we'll read very good things about Cody, but they won't have him transfer.

Hmmmm...visiting USC?

ESPN Link

Yikes.

I was thinking the same thing....Cody is SLOW.

Hmmmm...visiting USC

ESPN Link

Wait. . .Cody is transferring because he's an NFL caliber QB. How many running qbs make it big in the NFL?

Michael Vick, and look what happened to him, lol.

I'm not sure about this, but I think USC still has schollies to play with in this recruiting season because I don't think the scholarship sanctions will kick in until next season because of the appeal. That's why they were able to sign such a large class.

That's why he was being compared to Tommie Frazier in '09 when he was ripping off huge runs.

Cody isn't slow...standards have changed.

Fraizer wasn't exactly known as a speed demon. The line on him was "he isn't the biggest guy, the fastest guy, or the best passer but all he does is win". Still he was about a million times better at running the football than Cody Green. The only run I remember him having was against a GASSED Sun Belt team. Weird comparison.

That's why he was being compared to Tommie Frazier in '09 when he was ripping off huge runs.

I wouldn't call him slow, but he's not fast either, at least not football fast.

And Green did only rip off one huge run. It was his first carry, in garbage time, and everybody got carried away with their expectations. He isn't 1/10th the quarterback that Frazier was, not as a runner, passer, or leader.

• Fire 1

I wouldn't call him slow, but he's not fast either, at least not football fast.

And Green did only rip off one huge run. It was his first carry, in garbage time, and everybody got carried away with their expectations. He isn't 1/10th the quarterback that Frazier was, not as a runner, passer, or leader.

Cody has decent speed when he's in open space... however he only got onto open space once. Green's problem is he had no agility and horrible decision making.