LB Deaysean Rippy

ADS

While observers might consider linebacker a position of current weakness, Florida still repealed a scholarship offer to one of the nation’s standout high schoolers last month.

Four-star recruit Deaysean Rippy is a star at Sto-Rox High in McKees Rocks, Pa.

Rippy recorded 77 tackles and seven sacks as a junior, and he holds scholarship offers from top of the line programs like Alabama, Ohio State and Southern California.

But Florida is noticeably absent from that list — no longer an option for Rippy after a tumultuous trip to Gainesville.

The Gators originally offered Rippy while Urban Meyer was still at the helm.

The outside linebacker was close with former defensive coordinator Teryl Austin and said he spoke with Meyer “a lot,” forming a solid relationship.

But on June 18, while on a family-funded unofficial weekend trip to Gainesville, the Gators repealed Rippy’s offer.

The withdraw came a mere three days after fellow outside linebacker Lorenzo Phillips orally committed to UF.

“They really burned the bridge with me, just by the way that they handled everything down there,” he said.

Continue reading...

This kid intrigues me because he appears to be a versatile baller that would find a place to play in Bo's defense. Looks like Florida treated him awfully...how about a call to the kid instead of making him pay $ and waste his time? With Tebow and Meyer gone, I would not be surprised to see Florida in the dumps for a few years.

This kid intrigues me because he appears to be a versatile baller that would find a place to play in Bo's defense. Looks like Florida treated him awfully...how about a call to the kid instead of making him pay $ and waste his time? With Tebow and Meyer gone, I would not be surprised to see Florida in the dumps for a few years.

The way Florida treated him was BS. Should've told him BEFORE he flew down there on his own dime that they were full, his offer was rescinded, and he was now a fallback in case of decommit.

Cool name. Any relation to Doug?

I heard somewhere i think it was a free scout article that they're cousins.

They are cousins, Doug has been talking up Colorado to Deaysean.

I had a feeling they are related. Anyways, outside of them being cousins, what else is there about Colorado to talk up? Maybe that they are in the Pac 12 now? Seriously

Cool name. Any relation to Doug?

I heard somewhere i think it was a free scout article that they're cousins.

They are cousins, Doug has been talking up Colorado to Deaysean.

I had a feeling they are related. Anyways, outside of them being cousins, what else is there about Colorado to talk up? Maybe that they are in the Pac 12 now? Seriously

I'm guessing there's plenty of playing time with a new staff and no allegiances to old depth charts, then again there will be a depth chart by the time Deaysean would get there. Sooooooooo, no, not much to talk up.

• 6 months later...