B1G, Big Ten Network and Dish Network

Any idea of what the Dish Network OUTSIDE of Nebraska will cover without having to buy another special package?

I hate having to go to bars to watch..I lose my car sometimes and I can't record the game for later disecting.

It'll be whatever you had last year. If you have 120+ or better, you'll get a single BTN channel, which means you'll get the feature game only. Pay $7/month extra for the sports package and you'll get all the games they broadcast, which is just about every Big 10 game not on ESPN/ABC, or NBC at Notre Dame. Or in our case, Versus for the Wyoming game. Also with that sports package you get NFL RedZone (very cool) and all of the Fox Sports and Comcast regional networks, which basically means seeing a Big 12 game on Fox Midwest/Southwest and a late night Pac 12 game on Fox West or whatever it's called.

That's the way I understand it anyway. Get the sports package. You'll spend less for that for the entire fall and see just about every Husker game than you did for a single PPV game last year.

Wasn't clear what you were trying to say, but Versus is not in the sports package, you must be in the "Top 250" package to get it.

You can change packages for a day or two with Dish and just pay prorated fees, plus a $5 downgrade when you switch back.

Okay, so I don't know if this has been said yet... for Dish Network, what date did they put on it that BTN would come out on their service? And will it be just the one channel, or will I have to upgrade to that sports package?

September 1st, according to the article I linked above.

They have also said the BTN and TWC have reach an agreement and TWC will start airing on its standard package starting August 23rd.

The Weather Channel?

Any idea of what the Dish Network OUTSIDE of Nebraska will cover without having to buy another special package?

I hate having to go to bars to watch..I lose my car sometimes and I can't record the game for later disecting.

Yup instead of weather we get football

Wish Cox would add BTN down in Oklahoma. I know several friends/coworkers that want it but Cox just says there's no demand down here.

Subsequently, most of them are now on UVerse and I'm likely to follow in a year even though I prefer the cox internet more. =(

Why must cable companies suck so much when they have solid profits?

Wish Cox would add BTN down in Oklahoma. I know several friends/coworkers that want it but Cox just says there's no demand down here.

Subsequently, most of them are now on UVerse and I'm likely to follow in a year even though I prefer the cox internet more. =(

Why must cable companies suck so much when they

Maybe with the new deal it will be availae down there.

And the hits just keep on rolling in. Good news, Norfolk:

Cable ONE to Carry BTN in Norfolk

(Big Ten Network) - NORFOLK, NEB. and CHICAGO - (July 29, 2011) – Cable One in Norfolk, Neb., and Big Ten Network (BTN) announced today that the network will be available on the Cable One’s Expanded Basic package for customers in Nebraska by September 1, 2011. Every Husker regular season football game will be available live for Cable One customers during the team’s inaugural season in the Big Ten Conference.

In addition to Husker football games, fans will also be able to watch many other Nebraska sporting events, including men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball, baseball, Olympic sports and more, as well as studio shows, original programming, classic games and coaches’ shows.

“Cable ONE is thrilled to partner with BTN in providing our customers with outstanding college sports programming, especially Nebraska football,” said Jerry McKenna, SVP, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer. “The Nebraska Cornhuskers have proven to be one of the finest traditions in college football. Now our Cable ONE customers won’t miss a minute of Husker action.”

My question is, if you have the BTN on dish...will they show only what games they are "featuring" or will games be shown by region. So since we are the only team in the big ten that is this far west, we will always be able to watch nebraska or what? The reason i ask is because we were all arguing about this at work today and I was hoping somebody actually knows. I don't want to get the BTN if im not guaranteed to see my huskers play!!

• 3 weeks later...

I called Dish about 5 minutes ago and the rep said as of yet a deal is not in place for including BTN on the regular tiers (i.e without the multi-sport package). Although, she mentioned that as a last resort if a deal is not in place by the start of the season the multi-sport package is usually offered at a discounted rate (I assume what people were talking about earlier). May just do that anyway if it's cheap since there's going to be an NFL season and RedZone is awesome.

Looks like you called about three minutes too early: :laughpound

Published : Monday, 25 Jul 2011, 3:06 PM CDT

(Big Ten Network) - CHICAGO and ENGLEWOOD, Colo., - (July 25, 2011) – DISH Network L.L.C. and the Big Ten Network (BTN) announced today that television coverage of Nebraska Cornhusker football games and other sports will soon be available to DISH Network customers. Starting Sept. 1, DISH Network customers in Nebraska who subscribe to the America’s Top 120 Plus programming package or greater can watch Husker regular season home football games during the team’s inaugural season in the Big Ten Conference.

In addition to Husker football games, fans will also be able to watch many other Nebraska sporting events, including men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball, baseball, Olympic sports and more.

LINK

Their CS told me they would have something set up later on but well, I finally got the BTN through DISH an Channel 439 (south of Plattsmouth). I am paying $7 per month for the multi sports package in addition to our regular America Top 200. I did this just to insure that if it's on BTN, I will get it because for some reason, I can't bring myself to trust any television broadcast system. Now, come Sept 1, I will be seeking to cancel the Multi Sports package it indeed the BTN is offered without furtehr charge as indicated as part of the AmericasTop packages.