B1G, Big Ten Network and Dish Network

Any idea of what the Dish Network OUTSIDE of Nebraska will cover without having to buy another special package?

I hate having to go to bars to watch..I lose my car sometimes and I can't record the game for later disecting.

It'll be whatever you had last year. If you have 120+ or better, you'll get a single BTN channel, which means you'll get the feature game only. Pay $7/month extra for the sports package and you'll get all the games they broadcast, which is just about every Big 10 game not on ESPN/ABC, or NBC at Notre Dame. Or in our case, Versus for the Wyoming game. Also with that sports package you get NFL RedZone (very cool) and all of the Fox Sports and Comcast regional networks, which basically means seeing a Big 12 game on Fox Midwest/Southwest and a late night Pac 12 game on Fox West or whatever it's called.

That's the way I understand it anyway. Get the sports package. You'll spend less for that for the entire fall and see just about every Husker game than you did for a single PPV game last year.

Here's a tip for anyone thinking of getting Dish Network, or already have it but don't have the 120+ or sports package:

1. Go to Dish Network's site.

2. Start a live chat with customer service.

3. Ask them if they have anything that compares to the free NFL Ticket that DTV is offering, and that you are considering leaving/or signing up with them.

4. They will send you to the customer loyalty dept. and will offer you a few things.

- If you are in a package below the 120+, they will give you the 120+ package + the sports package (ton of extra sports channels and all BTN and BTN alternates) + NFL redzone for only $5 more a month through January.

- If you are already in the 120+ package, they will give you the sports package, BTN (and alternates) + NFL Redzone for free all the way through January.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3250429

Any idea of what the Dish Network OUTSIDE of Nebraska will cover without having to buy another special package?

I hate having to go to bars to watch..I lose my car sometimes and I can't record the game for later disecting.

It'll be whatever you had last year. If you have 120+ or better, you'll get a single BTN channel, which means you'll get the feature game only. Pay $7/month extra for the sports package and you'll get all the games they broadcast, which is just about every Big 10 game not on ESPN/ABC, or NBC at Notre Dame. Or in our case, Versus for the Wyoming game. Also with that sports package you get NFL RedZone (very cool) and all of the Fox Sports and Comcast regional networks, which basically means seeing a Big 12 game on Fox Midwest/Southwest and a late night Pac 12 game on Fox West or whatever it's called.

That's the way I understand it anyway. Get the sports package. You'll spend less for that for the entire fall and see just about every Husker game than you did for a single PPV game last year.

Here's a tip for anyone thinking of getting Dish Network, or already have it but don't have the 120+ or sports package:

1. Go to Dish Network's site.

2. Start a live chat with customer service.

3. Ask them if they have anything that compares to the free NFL Ticket that DTV is offering, and that you are considering leaving/or signing up with them.

4. They will send you to the customer loyalty dept. and will offer you a few things.

- If you are in a package below the 120+, they will give you the 120+ package + the sports package (ton of extra sports channels and all BTN and BTN alternates) + NFL redzone for only $5 more a month through January.

- If you are already in the 120+ package, they will give you the sports package, BTN (and alternates) + NFL Redzone for free all the way through January.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3250429

Good tips. I'd also add that you should call again if you don't get terms you like. They're not as inconsistent from customer rep to customer rep as they once were but there still tend to be differences.

* We've been receiving phone calls and emails from Husker fans who live outside the state wondering if they will be able to see the Nebraska-Chattanooga football game on the Big Ten Network.

Our answer: We don't know.

You should call your cable or satellite TV provider. Each part of the country is different, especially if you live in a state without a Big Ten school.

The network decides each week which game it will present nationally. It may or may not be Nebraska. Your cable or satellite service also may carry BTN's "extra channels," meaning you may get the game. Call your provider.

LINK

According to the BTN Gamefinder page, people in Lincoln with TWC should note:

You are all set for football season!

Catch the primary BTN feed on Time Warner Cable in SD on channel 24/333 and in HD on channel 1333. Time Warner Cable also offers BTN’s “Extra Game Football Channels” in your area as follows:

- Channel 334 or 1334 (HD)

- Channel 335 or 1335 (HD)

Channel assignments for specific games will be available during game weeks.

Not seeing BTN on your TV? Call Time Warner Cable at 402-421-0300 for subscription details!

Weird thing is, TWC's channel guide gives their programming for the next seven days in advance, so yesterday I should have been able to scroll over to this Saturday and see which channel the game is on. Oddly, they didn't have Saturday programming available yet. That is very unusual, and perhaps not related to the game at all.

I decided to go with DirecTV, but they're not able to get out to install until Sept. 8! I only have the first two games and Iowa off, as I normally work Saturdays, and my sister's wedding is during the Fresno State game. If I seriously have to wait until Thanksgiving to watch a Husker game at home, I'm going to be a little bummed.

I decided to go with DirecTV, but they're not able to get out to install until Sept. 8! I only have the first two games and Iowa off, as I normally work Saturdays, and my sister's wedding is during the Fresno State game. If I seriously have to wait until Thanksgiving to watch a Husker game at home, I'm going to be a little bummed.

Yeah, DirecTV is extremely busy always at this time of year. They get a bunch of new installs around this time of year for NFL Sunday Ticket and it can take 4 or 5 days to get an install date. Sorry you have to wait until Sept. 8 but it will be well worth the wait!

Game schedule for Dish subscribers in Nebraska.

Catch your Big Ten games on DISH NETWORK! See below for details in your area.

12:00 PM (ET) / 11:00 AM (CT)

INDIANA STATE VS. PENN STATE: channel 439 or 9500 (HD)

TENNESSEE TECH VS. IOWA: channel 5440 or 5441 (HD)

MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE VS. PURDUE: channel 5442 or 5443 (HD)

3:30 PM (ET) / 2:30 PM (CT)

CHATTANOOGA VS. NEBRASKA: channel 439 or 9500 (HD)

ARKANSAS STATE VS. ILLINOIS: channel 5440 or 5441 (HD)

I don't get the game Saturday :angry: Anyone want to catch the game at Joe Sensers in Bloomington, MN?

What provider do you have? Some carriers have BTN2Go http://www.bigtennetwork.com/generic/video/BTN2Go

I'm starting to have my doubts about getting it here, too. There are two 'active' channels listed on my Comcast lineup, and only one has a game listed during that time, and I don't get the BTN2Go thing (yet).

I have Mediacom. I'm stuck with them for another year unfortunately. They don't carry any of the "extra" or "overflow" channels for BTN.

I don't get the game Saturday :angry: Anyone want to catch the game at Joe Sensers in Bloomington, MN?

What provider do you have? Some carriers have BTN2Go http://www.bigtennetwork.com/generic/video/BTN2Go

I'm starting to have my doubts about getting it here, too. There are two 'active' channels listed on my Comcast lineup, and only one has a game listed during that time, and I don't get the BTN2Go thing (yet).

I have Mediacom. I'm stuck with them for another year unfortunately. They don't carry any of the "extra" or "overflow" channels for BTN.

You won't have to worry about the overflow channels this weekend since the game will be on the main BTN feed. You might get lucky for the Fresno State and whichever conference game is on BTN and it's on the main feed just as this weekends game. Hopefully that's the case.

You won't have to worry about the overflow channels this weekend since the game will be on the main BTN feed. You might get lucky for the Fresno State and whichever conference game is on BTN and it's on the main feed just as this weekends game. Hopefully that's the case.

I thought Arkansas State vs. Illinois was on the main BTN feed. This is really confusing.

I thought Arkansas State vs. Illinois was on the main BTN feed. This is really confusing.

It was until the updated the gamefinder with our game. It seems that they're featuring Nebraska as the national game on the BTN (which makes sense because we're the shiny new toy) which is what I figured they'd do. Only in the illinois region is it probably going to be on the overflow channels. Expect the same thing next week.