Official HB Good Beer Thread

I tried the Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple/whatever. It's ok but it's a little lighter and fruitier than I prefer. It'd probably be a decent summer beer but I don't think I'll be buying it again.

Drank a bit of this over the weekend:

Spaten-Optimator.jpg

I've yet to find a dark German beer that I don't like. It seems like they're all fantastic.

Also, drank too many of these on Saturday night. Sunday morning sucked.

1554-thumb-275x371.jpg

I don't think that New Belgium makes a bad beer. I highly recommend visiting their brewery if you're near Fort Collins. In fact . . . make a weekend of it and stop by Odell, Funkwerks, Coopersmiths, Fort Collins Brewery, etc. while you're at it.

to everyone that has been posting in this thread: what do you like to drink during the summer? i like a good stout or dark beer, but not so much when grilling.

Dark and stormy's and vodka tonics.

(And I keep drinking porters, stouts, and brown ales. I do tend to lean a bit to the hoppier side in the heat . . .)

Guiness doesnt come in a standard half barrel like that does it? For some reason I thought they had a different style keg.

The kegs look the same but the coupler on top is different. Guinness kegs (and Harp) use a U style coupler. Most domestic kegs use a D style coupler. The biggest difference is that Guinness kegs are pressurized with nitrogen and domestic kegs generally use C02.

#$%$#. I'm a beer nerd. :(

Guiness doesnt come in a standard half barrel like that does it? For some reason I thought they had a different style keg.

The kegs look the same but the coupler on top is different. Guinness kegs (and Harp) use a U style coupler. Most domestic kegs use a D style coupler. The biggest difference is that Guinness kegs are pressurized with nitrogen and domestic kegs generally use C02.

#$%$#. I'm a beer nerd. :(

Thanks for the insight, I knew there was a difference, just wasn't sure what. We have a kegerator at our place, but all that is ever in it is busch light...puke

Tried this last night. I had high hopes because I love brown ales and I like hazelnut . . . but it wasn't anything special. Not bad at all but not worth the extra cost over Third Stone, Moose Drool, etc.

brown_nectar1.jpg

Good selection of beers at Spirit World at 75th and Pacific if anyone lives in that area.

We have a kegerator at our place, but all that is ever in it is busch light...puke

YOU BITE YOUR TONGUE!

I had a kegerator in college too. Those things are dangerous. We'd come home for lunch between classes and 1 beer with lunch would turn into 6 . . .

Ha, how do you drink that stuff? It's not terrible, I'd probably never buy a case unless it is dirt cheap though.

We have a kegerator at our place, but all that is ever in it is busch light...puke

YOU BITE YOUR TONGUE!

I had a kegerator in college too. Those things are dangerous. We'd come home for lunch between classes and 1 beer with lunch would turn into 6 . . .

Ha, how do you drink that stuff? It's not terrible, I'd probably never buy a case unless it is dirt cheap though.

It's sort of a family tradition . . . and a regional thing to some extent. Small town Nebraska loves Busch Light.

YOU BITE YOUR TONGUE!

It's sort of a family tradition . . . and a regional thing to some extent. Small town Nebraska loves Busch Light.

That's all my parents drink.

It's like drinking water IMO