Favorite Mixed Drinks

So I'm making a liquor run after work and I thought I'd get some opinions from my fellow boozers.

I'm not sure how many of you drink vodka on a regular basis, but do any of you have a preferred vodka?

I've had Grey Goose on a ton of occasions and my friend at the bar usually upgrades my well-vodka Moscow Mules to Absolut for free.

I've had liquor store clerks talk me into buying Philips on a few occasions because it's supposedly filtered 4 times as opposed to the usual 3, like Smirnoff, plus it's cheap.

A guy I work with is always telling me about Finlandia vodka. I've been trying to find Russian Standard, but no one around here carries it.

Suggestions?

I highly recommend Svedka vodka. It has won a lot of world awards and is quite reasonably priced. I believe it's usually around $18 for a 1.75L. I can't really tell the difference between Svedka and Grey Goose but I'm definitely not a vodka expert.

svedka.jpg

If you want something different try this:

480_x_600_360-double-chocolate.jpg

Awesome in White Russians . . . or just with milk . . . or just on the rocks. Maybe it's just awesome? Brix is the only place that I know around Omaha that ALWAYS has it.

Gotta totally agree with this Svedka is a great Vodka!!

My favs are Morgan and 7up, and Vodka Red Bull.

So I'm making a liquor run after work and I thought I'd get some opinions from my fellow boozers.

I'm not sure how many of you drink vodka on a regular basis, but do any of you have a preferred vodka?

I've had Grey Goose on a ton of occasions and my friend at the bar usually upgrades my well-vodka Moscow Mules to Absolut for free.

I've had liquor store clerks talk me into buying Philips on a few occasions because it's supposedly filtered 4 times as opposed to the usual 3, like Smirnoff, plus it's cheap.

A guy I work with is always telling me about Finlandia vodka. I've been trying to find Russian Standard, but no one around here carries it.

Suggestions?

I highly recommend Svedka vodka. It has won a lot of world awards and is quite reasonably priced. I believe it's usually around $18 for a 1.75L. I can't really tell the difference between Svedka and Grey Goose but I'm definitely not a vodka expert.

svedka.jpg

If you want something different try this:

480_x_600_360-double-chocolate.jpg

Awesome in White Russians . . . or just with milk . . . or just on the rocks. Maybe it's just awesome? Brix is the only place that I know around Omaha that ALWAYS has it.

I bought some Svedka back when you posted that. It's pretty good.

Last weekend I bought some Crystal Head vodka. It's ok. Comes in a cool skull bottle. Dan Ackroyd owns part of the company or something. Not worth $50 for the little bottle IMO.

I also bought some Pyrat rum. It's one of my faves.

This is maybe not my favorite but it is a very good shot/shooter or I like it as a desert/sipper type drink.

Oatmeal Cookie

equal parts-

Goldschlager Cinnamon Schnapps

Butterscotch Schnapps

Baileys Irish Cream

Mix together in a shaker with ice, strain and pour into a shot glass or larger if you prefer.

This will cure any chill you may have and tastes much like a liquid oatmeal cookie.

I have also seen it with an additional equal part of Jager but have not tried it that way.

If you want a rocks margarita that will set you free, I call them 765's-

7 parts Cuervo Gold (don't go for a better tequila thinking the drink will be better)

6 parts Triple Sec (the cheaper the better-really)

5 parts Islandhouse Lime juice (do NOT substitute-has to be Islandhouse brand for it to work)

Mix and serve over rocks. I've never done the salted rim with these but would prob be ok.

These are inexpensive but awesome and will put a hurtin on you in a hurry if you exceed rational consumption levels.

You can also go to a 6-5-4 ratio without much difference.

I made the mistake of trying them with Roses and it ruined them. You may have to search a bit but get the Islandhouse.

Last weekend I bought some Crystal Head vodka. It's ok. Comes in a cool skull bottle. Dan Ackroyd owns part of the company or something. Not worth $50 for the little bottle IMO.

Hopefully it didn't disappoint. Like I said, I'm definitely not an expert when it comes to vodka (or . . . really . . . any liquor).

I've seen Crystal Head at the Homey Inn but I have not tried it.

I'll have to give Pyrat a try. Have you had Kraken?

Hopefully it didn't disappoint. Like I said, I'm definitely not an expert when it comes to vodka (or . . . really . . . any liquor).

I have had Kraken a couple times. It was pretty good.

I'm trying to decide what to buy to use in my flask. A lot of places say whiskey, Irish whiskey, cinnamon schnapps or vodka.

Anybody have any other suggestions?

I'm trying to decide what to buy to use in my flask. A lot of places say whiskey, Irish whiskey, cinnamon schnapps or vodka.

Brandy/congac

• Fire 1

Brandy/congac

Brandy! Why didn't I think of that? You would think I've read enough Sherlock Holmes stories to remember they always had a flask of brandy on hand!