B1G Ten simulation if Nebraska would have joined in 1996

This simulation is a joke. NO way 97 NU loses to Michigan.

I agree with both statements but it's not the Michigan loss that bothers me. Of course they're going to be pro-Michigan, and we split the title because obviously some people thought Michigan would beat us. The other 2 losses are what make it not worth looking at. It's also really strange that they would put our best team (or perhaps one of three best teams) of the range they're covering as 5-3. Makes you wonder why they wanted Nebraska in the Big 10 :P

I don't think you know how good Ohio State was that season.

Joe Germaine/Stanley Jackson at QB splitting time quite effectively

Pepe Pearson, Matt Keller, and Joe Montgomery in the backfield

David Boston and Michael Wiley as receivers?

ORLANDO PACE

Fickell, Finkes, and Vrabel on the line

Katzenmoyer, Bellisari, and Rudzinski as LB

Ty Howard, Shawn Springs, Ahmed Plummer, and Antoine Winfield in the secondary

only reason we didn't win the NC that year was Cooper's inability to beat Michigan.

That is almost as good of a team as Tennessee had that year. Toss in Peyton Manning and you've got one hell of a mountain to climb.

Not only did we climb it, we cut it off at the top, took home its crown and hung it over the mantelpiece.

Like I said, Ohio State was a good team that year, as was Michigan. But we would have beaten anyone for the title.

I don't doubt Nebraska's caliber, but there's no way in hell they would have beaten the hell out of us. They might have won, but it wouldn't have been a blowout.

Knapp never said a blow out....he just said "We would have beaten anyone for the title"

I don't think you know how good Ohio State was that season.

Joe Germaine/Stanley Jackson at QB splitting time quite effectively

Pepe Pearson, Matt Keller, and Joe Montgomery in the backfield

David Boston and Michael Wiley as receivers?

ORLANDO PACE

Fickell, Finkes, and Vrabel on the line

Katzenmoyer, Bellisari, and Rudzinski as LB

Ty Howard, Shawn Springs, Ahmed Plummer, and Antoine Winfield in the secondary

only reason we didn't win the NC that year was Cooper's inability to beat Michigan.

That is almost as good of a team as Tennessee had that year. Toss in Peyton Manning and you've got one hell of a mountain to climb.

Not only did we climb it, we cut it off at the top, took home its crown and hung it over the mantelpiece.

Like I said, Ohio State was a good team that year, as was Michigan. But we would have beaten anyone for the title.

I don't doubt Nebraska's caliber, but there's no way in hell they would have beaten the hell out of us. They might have won, but it wouldn't have been a blowout.

Knapp never said a blow out....he just said "We would have beaten anyone for the title"

Yes. But he quoted me mentioning a statement made about me quoting someone else who said they would have blown us out. Sorry I stayed on topic.

Wait. Michigan? Better? I'm way behind.

Michigan- 21

Washington State- 16.

lololol. Washington State. Haaaaaa. Nice win Michigan! Take home that Rose Bowl Trophy!

Such garbage. WSU was bad. The Pac-10 was bad. The Big 10 was bad. Nebraska was good.

Sorry I stayed on topic.

You just didn't read the whole thread :P

"In 1997 they had us only going 5-3 in Big10 Play with losses to Michigan, Ohio State and Iowa. WTF?"

nobody cared about 1996 after that.

But they were nothing compared to the 2023 Huskers

Yes. But he quoted me mentioning a statement made about me quoting someone else who said they would have blown us out. Sorry I stayed on topic.didn't keep up.

Fixed it for ya. Neither the topic nor the OP was about the 96 season. It was about the year-by-year simulation as if Nebraska joined the Big 10 in 1996. I gave you the out of calling it a misunderstanding. Instead of taking it, you're just digging your heels in and intentionally being wrong. Your call, but don't expect it to be pleasant.

Yes. But he quoted me mentioning a statement made about me quoting someone else who said they would have blown us out. Sorry I stayed on topic.didn't keep up.

Fixed it for ya. Neither the topic nor the OP was about the 96 season. It was about the year-by-year simulation as if Nebraska joined the Big 10 in 1996. I gave you the out of calling it a misunderstanding. Instead of taking it, you're just digging your heels in and intentionally being wrong. Your call, but don't expect it to be pleasant.

If you're going to be in the BIg10, you're going to have to slow down. After all we are all big, slow, and plodding.

Coqui - fifth post in this thread:

LOLz we would have beaten tosu so bad that year it wouldn't have even been funny

We may have beaten them, but it wouldn't have been a beat-down. They finished ranked ahead of us in SOS and W/L. 1996 OSU was a good team.

I gave 1996 OSU all due props. We then went on to talk about how absurd the 1997 sim was, and you're still responding as if we're talking 96. Capisce?

LOLz we would have beaten tosu so bad that year it wouldn't have even been funny

We may have beaten them, but it wouldn't have been a beat-down. They finished ranked ahead of us in SOS and W/L. 1996 OSU was a good team.

I gave 1996 OSU all due props. We then went on to talk about how absurd the 1997 sim was, and you're still responding as if we're talking 96. Capisce?

Um...my last two posts have had nothing to do with 1996

Um...my last two posts have had nothing to do with 1996

OMFGSOBORED