Freshmen running back trio creating excitement

I don't think some people realize how much of a physical specimen Green is. I beleive he benches around 300 and squats 500. IMO he didn't do as much running between the tackles in high school because he didn't have to, he could simple run around everyone. With that being said, I hope he does get a redshirt. It will only benefit him physically and mentally.

Eh. I trust my own eyes . . . Especially when those close to the program confirm what I have seen. Remember, Niles Paul was a physical freak as well and it sure didn't help him often during his time at NU. Note that I'm not saying that Green is the next Paul. I'm just saying that being a physical specimen doesn't impress me nearly as much as being a good football player.

I don't think some people realize how much of a physical specimen Green is. I beleive he benches around 300 and squats 500. IMO he didn't do as much running between the tackles in high school because he didn't have to, he could simple run around everyone. With that being said, I hope he does get a redshirt. It will only benefit him physically and mentally.

Eh. I trust my own eyes . . . Especially when those close to the program confirm what I have seen. Remember, Niles Paul was a physical freak as well and it sure didn't help him often during his time at NU. Note that I'm not saying that Green is the next Paul. I'm just saying that being a physical specimen doesn't impress me nearly as much as being a good football player.

Totally agree...athleticism does not equate to skill. I'm just saying that I think Green is a little more of a complete back than we give him credit for.

Sometimes athleticism is all you need. Paul might have had terrible hands, but being 5th all time in Nebraska history for all purpose yards isn't as bad as some make it. I think that applies even more as a college running back. I seem to remember another guy who matches Aarons measurements at 5'11, 190 lbs who also couldn't run between the tackles and took every run to the edge. He was also quicker, faster, more explosive and overall more athletic than everyone. I think his name was Reggie Bush, and he won the Heisman.

Somewhat puzzled by the comments about how Green needs to redshirt to get bigger and stronger.

He's 15 lbs heavier than Heard at the same height and overall is considerably larger than AA (has two inches and ten lbs on AA).

His lifting numbers also surpass AA's and Heard's.

And I haven't read any article or snippet saying Green isn't strong enough at this point.

So yeah, somewhat puzzled.

(And to everyone saying Green didn't break as much tackles in HS.. yeah, that's cool. AA & Braylon played against some tough defenses/competition, but Aaron played THE best High schools in the country. So that's expected.)

I don't think he needs to get bigger or stronger. I think he needs to make sure his ankles are 100%.

Him needing to get bigger (while the smaller AA & Heard don't) is a widely accepted opinion.

It is an opinion that defies logic and numbers. People need to stop with it.

C-4, I think it's also curious, but the issue is that these opinions, right are wrong, are based on more current buzz from practices.

As opposed to recruiting service statistics and HS footage.

So I think it is a more accurate summary of the situation as it stands now. Of course, the situation can change.

Sometimes athleticism is all you need. Paul might have had terrible hands, but being 5th all time in Nebraska history for all purpose yards isn't as bad as some make it. I think that applies even more as a college running back. I seem to remember another guy who matches Aarons measurements at 5'11, 190 lbs who also couldn't run between the tackles and took every run to the edge. He was also quicker, faster, more explosive and overall more athletic than everyone. I think his name was Reggie Bush, and he won the Heisman.

:laughpound

No pressure, Aaron. No pressure at all.