Husker Depth Chart for UT-Chat

Jaybird

I think it is good for young guys to earn letters and get experience but I don't think it is a good place to be in to be regularly starting true freshman on the offensive line. I would rather have a guy come in redshirt mature physically and learn the offense gaining experience and play as a RS soph etc. Granted if you get a guy like Will Shields you get him on the field asap. I think the over all point is I hope we get to a place where we are deep enough and talented enough that we don't need Freshman to play as we have experienced and talented guys ready to go already in the system.

Matt Hoskinson was on Schick and Nick this morning and he had a good point saying back in the days of the pipeline freshman really didn't come ready to play. It was very rare for a Freshman or Sophomore to play. They needed time in the system to learn how to play and to mature.

Zach Weigert lettered 4 years and started 3

Aaron Taylor lettered 4 and started 3

Eric Anderson lettered 4 and started 3

Aaron Graham lettered 4 and started 3

Rob Zatechka lettered 4 and started 2

Jon Zatechka lettered 4 and started 2

Brenden Stai lettered 4 and started 2

Chris Dishman lettered 4 and started 2

The ones that started 2 played in all or most of the games their Sophomore years.

Hoskinson is a boob!

• Fire 1

I think it is good for young guys to earn letters and get experience but I don't think it is a good place to be in to be regularly starting true freshman on the offensive line. I would rather have a guy come in redshirt mature physically and learn the offense gaining experience and play as a RS soph etc. Granted if you get a guy like Will Shields you get him on the field asap. I think the over all point is I hope we get to a place where we are deep enough and talented enough that we don't need Freshman to play as we have experienced and talented guys ready to go already in the system.

Matt Hoskinson was on Schick and Nick this morning and he had a good point saying back in the days of the pipeline freshman really didn't come ready to play. It was very rare for a Freshman or Sophomore to play. They needed time in the system to learn how to play and to mature.

The ones that started 2 played in all or most of the games their Sophomore years.

Hoskinson is a boob!

There is only one true freshman starting and he was here in January so he's been in the program for 8 months already or the equivalent of a guy coming in in August and getting through spring practice . . .or as you put it...that year of development.

I see Dennard is listed #1 at CB, but he's not playing, right? I haven't heard that Bo is happy enough with his leg to put him out there. Anyone have the lowdown on that?

He's not expected to. Game time decision.

:o :o :o :o

"On the injury front, Pelini confirmed after practice that senior cornerback Alfonzo Dennard will not play on Saturday because of a leg injury."

I would say da skers was wrong about something, but then Bo would probably change his mind and have Dennard start.

I see Dennard is listed #1 at CB, but he's not playing, right? I haven't heard that Bo is happy enough with his leg to put him out there. Anyone have the lowdown on that?

"On the injury front, Pelini confirmed after practice that senior cornerback Alfonzo Dennard will not play on Saturday because of a leg injury."

I would say da skers was wrong about something, but then Bo would probably change his mind and have Dennard start.

Which part of "isn't expected to" did you misunderstand?

And zero game time experience. From what I have heard he is going to be very good but with any young guy there are going to be mistakes. Obviously you want to play the best players, without a doubt, but there is something to having been in the trenches in game action for a year or two before you are the guy starting. Playing as a freshman is different than starting. I think it is advantageous to allow young guys to get experience both in practice and games bringing them along before they are starting. Looking at that list of the pipeline guys who started 2 and 3 years they all had playing experience before they were starters as they lettered all 4 years and some may have redshirted.

In a perfect world it would be nice to have experienced upperclassmen starting every year and have young guys coming off the bench.

Hoskinson is a boob!

There is only one true freshman starting and he was here in January so he's been in the program for 8 months already or the equivalent of a guy coming in in August and getting through spring practice . . .or as you put it...that year of development.

She just wants to catch you being wrong for once. Her selective reading kicked in.

Maybe they meant the “game time decision” part?

He could go if we needed. I just confirmed. It hasn't been decided if he'll be in street cloths. I was also told in an ideal world they could rest him next week too and they'll see how the crew is doing but don't want to keep him out more than three weeks for conditioning reasons and want him to have snaps or a full game before Wisconson.

I was also told Marlow would handle punt returns but Turner would be second. Marlow had a fantastic week of practice and has been a better blocker the last few weeks and thats why he is #1 at receiver over Turner and Bell at that slot.

Wide Receiver (A)

(#6) Tim Marlowe, 5-10, 175, Jr., Youngstown, Ohio

(#10) Jamal Turner, 6-1, 180, Fr., Arlington, Texas

(#80) Kenny Bell, 6-1, 180, RFr., Boulder, Colo.

If we knew yesterday that some combination of these three guys would be the top three WR(A) I'll bet nobody on this board (including me) would have come up with 1-2-3 as Marlow then Turner then Bell.

Wide Receiver (A)

(#6) Tim Marlowe, 5-10, 175, Jr., Youngstown, Ohio

(#10) Jamal Turner, 6-1, 180, Fr., Arlington, Texas

(#80) Kenny Bell, 6-1, 180, RFr., Boulder, Colo.

If we knew yesterday that some combination of these three guys would be the top three WR(A) I'll bet nobody on this board (including me) would have come up with 1-2-3 as Marlow then Turner then Bell.

I had Turner in the top 4 with BK, QE and Bell (Bell being #2 at most spots) and Marlow behind Turner at the (A)receiver. Marlow isn't the play maker (on paper) that Turner is but apparently is a quality blocker. I would think that would signal a lot more running and quick slants and use of the tight end coming across the middle where you need a down field guy able to push people down field later in the play.

Fisher says he likes his top 6 and will rotate lots of bodies in. I guess we'll see.

I actually thought this would be UT-Chattanooga's depth chart.

I kinda-sorta gave that in THIS THREAD. The book on these guys is they're very young on both lines, and long story short, I expect to hang half a hundred on them pretty easily.

There shouldn't be one post talking about how good we are on offense this year unless we score 200 points, and even then it's iffy. This team is very overmatched.