Kinnie

okaive

True, Rex running into Taylor was huge and a freshman mistake.

Rex had more busts than Kinnie. I cannot believe nobody is bagging on Burkhead for the terrible game he had. Apparently Rex gets a free pass for a bad game, but BK doesn't. Could be worse though - Martinez was just about our entire offense and he's getting heavily critiqued, too.

This is nothing new. Last year people would take every opportunity to jump on Helu while constantly giving Rex a pass. I don't quite understand it, I know Rex has a lot of heart and plays hard, but he's just not as good as he's made out to be. If I were tuning in to the BTN to see Nebraska play for the first time and saw Rex, I would say that the Huskers fit right into the B1G because the perception is big-slow-football.

That makes no sense, because Rex is neither big nor slow.

people are too tough on kinnie. he's fine, and he's a great down field blocker. he busts his arse on every play.

I'm sure he's a tough kid and a good Husker but he's dropping even more passes than NP. Even worse, he doesn't even fight for the ball. For a wr......well.......

perhaps. he needs to fix his handles, but i think he needs to be out there.

people are too tough on kinnie. he's fine, and he's a great down field blocker. he busts his arse on every play.

I'm sure he's a tough kid and a good Husker but he's dropping even more passes than NP. Even worse, he doesn't even fight for the ball. For a wr......well.......

If he doesn't start making catches, he needs to be on the bench. Simple as that.

If he doesn't start making catches, he needs to be on the bench. Simple as that.

well then, i guess that's that.

It doesn't matter if you have the biggest heart on the team, work the hardest or are the nicest guy. What matters is production. Kinnie dropped every (or at least almost every) ball that was thrown his way yesterday. I know he dropped at least four. A player could "bust their arse" every day, but that doesn't mean they're good enough to start.

I take a harsh stance on this kind of stuff, but he is getting a completely free college education to catch a couple of footballs and score some touchdowns. He has an opportunity many people don't get. Students first, athletes second, but you need to do what you're technically getting paid to do or else you shouldn't start. He has had two underwhelming games and needs to step it up, and be the leader he needs to be.

It doesn't matter if you have the biggest heart on the team, work the hardest or are the nicest guy. What matters is production. Kinnie dropped every (or at least almost every) ball that was thrown his way yesterday. I know he dropped at least four. A player could "bust their arse" every day, but that doesn't mean they're good enough to start.

I take a harsh stance on this kind of stuff, but he is getting a completely free college education to catch a couple of footballs and score some touchdowns. He has an opportunity many people don't get. Students first, athletes second, but you need to do what you're technically getting paid to do or else you shouldn't start. He has had two underwhelming games and needs to step it up, and be the leader he needs to be.

but people are acting like all wrs do is catch balls. he has an important role with his excellent blocking. very important for a rush offense the can't get a push up the middle.

also, how many of those were even decent throws?

but people are acting like all wrs do is catch balls. he has an important role with his excellent blocking. very important for a rush offense the can't get a push up the middle.

If you want to be on the field, you should be well-rounded at both aspects of your game as a WR. I never really pay much attention to WR blocking, but let's say Kinnie is a great blocker. He has still done poorly catching and you should have to do both if you want to be on the field, otherwise you should merely be a situational player.

We know Kinnie can catch footballs, so I'm not saying he shouldn't start. I'm saying he needs to get his act together.

I'll have to rewatch the game, but from memory there were at least two balls he definitely should have caught. Even the first he dropped (that Martinez through high), had to be thrown that high or else it could have been intercepted. It was a catchable ball and you have to make those catches. If it hits you in the hands like it did him it should be a reception.

If you want to be on the field, you should be well-rounded at both aspects of your game as a WR. I never really pay much attention to WR blocking, but let's say Kinnie is a great blocker. He has still done poorly catching and you should have to do both if you want to be on the field, otherwise you should merely be a situational player.

We know Kinnie can catch footballs, so I'm not saying he shouldn't start. I'm saying he needs to get his act together.

I'll have to rewatch the game, but from memory there were at least two balls he definitely should have caught. Even the first he dropped (that Martinez through high), had to be thrown that high or else it could have been intercepted. It was a catchable ball and you have to make those catches. If it hits you in the hands like it did him it should be a reception.

fine.

i do agree with you, but it seemed like some people had lost all perspective.