Kinnie

okaive

Someone's going to have to find the highlights for all those.

I know some people disagree with me, but from what I saw while watching it live, at least two of Kinnie's "drops" were not on target throws at all. Yes, it is conceivable that he could have caught them...but I would not call them 'drops' so much as bad throws.

That is not to diminish the big stepping up that Quincy did today. That was awesome!

The main pass I was talking about, Kinnie was led almost perfectly, it hit him in the hands. He had an easy extra 10-15 yards had he caught the ball and had he gotten by the only defender close to him he had a TD. I believe it was the end of the first quarter or start of the second when it occurred.

Someone's going to have to find the highlights for all those.

I know some people disagree with me, but from what I saw while watching it live, at least two of Kinnie's "drops" were not on target throws at all. Yes, it is conceivable that he could have caught them...but I would not call them 'drops' so much as bad throws.

That is not to diminish the big stepping up that Quincy did today. That was awesome!

If they weren't on-target at all how is it he had is hands on them? I'd say they were not optimal but catchable and he failed to make plays. Making plays = catching what you can get your hands on, beating defenders for balls, and getting yards after the catch/contact. That said, it was just one game, WAY too early to call him having a Menelik Holt '09 season.

Again, someone will have to pull up the video on these. I only saw them once and while that was my initial reaction to them, it may or may not be right.

There's a big difference between hitting the receiver on target and throwing a ball very off target and having the receiver helplessly contort his body and stick out an arm to make contact with it.

There were some plays where the receiver, not sure who it was, wasn't even looking that way because it went to the opposite shoulder, or something like that. I don't know, I was watching on a small screen and now I don't have the replay :( Would love some clarity on these!

His first drop was way behind him and he had to completely turn his body around, and it was a 5 yard out so he really didn't have time to turn his body around and adjust to the ball. Trying to catch a ball where you have to completely turn your body around to make a catch is about 50/50. That was a fairly difficult ball to catch so I'll give the benefit of the doubt on that one. His second drop was conpletely his fault. He had an easy touchdown and tried catching it with his chest and not his hands.