Fresno State Flyby?

knapplc

Fresno State Flyby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For those Lincolnites who may have missed the billboards, we're having an air show this weekend (9/10 & 9/11). I happen to live on a hill overlooking the airport and I just saw / heard / felt a Blue Angel take off on what I presume will be a scouting mission for their upcoming show.

This got me to wondering - what are the odds the Blue Angels do a flyby over the stadium Saturday night before the game? Anyone in the know on what's planned?

EDIT - based on Bye Bye Big XII's suggestion below, I have modified the thread to include a poll.

For those Lincolnites who may have missed the billboards, we're having an air show this weekend (9/10 & 9/11). I happen to live on a hill overlooking the airport and I just saw / heard / felt a Blue Angel take off on what I presume will be a scouting mission for their upcoming show.

This got me to wondering - what are the odds the Blue Angels do a flyby over the stadium Saturday night before the game? Anyone in the know on what's planned?

If theres going to be any flyover this is the game to do it IMO. There wasn't a flyover last week which was disappointing but hopefully will have one this week so I can record it on my phone

I have a friend who is in air guard stuff and his boss is in charge of flyovers. He said he didn't think it would be blue angels. But there will be one. He also said there was one scheduled for UTC but the low cloud cover prevented it.

He also said they are planning something big for Ohio state.

Please say it is a squad of black hawks again.

I have a friend who is in air guard stuff and his boss is in charge of flyovers. He said he didn't think it would be blue angels. But there will be one. He also said there was one scheduled for UTC but the low cloud cover prevented it.

Good info! I can see why the Blue Angels might not do it, but there definitely should be something.

One thing I would LOVE to see is all six or seven of the KC-130 tankers fly over in formation. That would be awe-inspiring.

Please say it is a squad of black hawks again.

Or Chinooks! The girlfriend and I were out biking on the trail a few weeks back when they were having the funeral service for Patrick Hamburger and a few blocks from 33rd street I heard this deep beating sound of helicopters. A few seconds later I got a glimpse of them through some trees and they eventually flew directly over us at only a few hundred feet up. Sent chills up my spine, I felt like signing up right then and there.

If it weren't a night game I would freak out if they flew another Stealth Bomber over like they did against Kansas in 08. Hopefully the Blue Angels do fly over, but I'll take something more than what they had for the UTC game.

And yeah, they should have something big for the Ohio State game.

Maybe we should have a prediction contest: **Predict the aircraft to fly over Memorial for the Fresno State Game**