1995 Orange Bowl

I love in the 4th quarter when Nebraska shuts Sapp up and you see him wide eyed with a look of disbelief and then sucking wind. One of my least favorite teams will always be the "thug" Miami team.

The best part was Schlesinger ramming it down his throat twice.

Man, I get nostalgic even thinking about that game. That was something I'll remember until the day I die.

What a game that was. I always thought that we kind of got a gift when Carpenter's (or was it Gilman?) fumble after a catch in the second half was ruled not a fumble-incomplete pass. That was a really close call that could have easily gone the other way in my opinion and been a game changer.

I think a lot of people will say Miami is one of their least favorite programs. They've had some great teams, no question about it, but they're also one of the most notoriously outlaw-ish programs in the country. Maybe even the most outlaw-ish depending who you ask.

That entire game, though, you can see Miami is talking a lot of trash. Constantly in Nebraska players' faces, constantly celebrating but showing off while doing so. When Miami intercepted a late touchdown throw by Brook Berringer, #4 (the guy who intercepted it) starts showin off for the cameras with all his buddies. It was great to see them lose.

I think a lot of people will say Miami is one of their least favorite programs. They've had some great teams, no question about it, but they're also one of the most notoriously outlaw-ish programs in the country. Maybe even the most outlaw-ish depending who you ask.

That entire game, though, you can see Miami is talking a lot of trash. Constantly in Nebraska players' faces, constantly celebrating but showing off while doing so. When Miami intercepted a late touchdown throw by Brook Berringer, #4 (the guy who intercepted it) starts showin off for the cameras with all his buddies. It was great to see them lose.

I believe that was Earl Little.

The same guy, if I remember right, who was shown kneeling in the middle of the field bawling after the game.

"The more they talk... the harder you play!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjUtBI2eluM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That team was in great shape, too. One of the things that really struck me about the offense and the offensive plan is that it wasn't based on a few huge plays or panicky, desperation when NU was behind. I knew the final score, but I did not remember that NU was behind for so long! I was yelling at the TV, watching them hold our rush ends and flipping out! haha it was like it was live.

But back to the point-- T.O. trusted his players to keep it together and methodically wear the other team down and to get the ball down field. No desperate plays (maybe the INT in the endzone was the result of a semi-desperate play, but I think it was more of a calculated surprise-- whoda thought that NU would pass on a first in/near the red zone?), just constant grinding. That's a coach who knew how well conditioned his team was physically and mentally. Maybe it's me, but the recent playcalling looks like the result of a OC who doesn't think his players can get it done. It was just amazing to see how collected that team was and how much implicit confidence there was. Just good stuff.