What did we learn???

walksalone

-It doesn't come down to execution on defense. Pelini's system has problems with rollouts and mobile qbs. Fresno used an extremely similar scheme to what Texas used against us last year.

-We really need to work on our blitz packages.

-Blatchford... bench

-Crick you are potential first rounder, play like it. You can't disappear against mediocre teams.

-Cassidy if you let one more dude get past you... bench. PJ Smith needs to be in the game.

-Beck... thank you for opening up the play book in the second half.

-O-line... build on your 4th quarter performance.

-Brown... get Green and Heard in the game. You burned their redshirts for a reason, see what they can do.

-Kinnie. Sit down. Bell you're up.

-Marlowe keep Kinnie company. Jamal you're up.

-Martinez, if you fumble that ball one more time...

***Edit- Fisher... Bench. Whaley you're up.

Our offense is really, really good. They just don't know it yet.

Our coaching staff doesn't make adjustments as well as say, Fresno State's coaching staff. Their staff saw what hurt them against Cal and fixed it this week. Quick passes, rollouts to keep the QB upright... our staff needs to make those week to week adjustments better. Beck did make some nice second half adjustments though.

Carr is going to be a hell of a quarterback.

I'm begining to think that Oregon-style hurry up offense and those QB rollouts we heard so much about this offseason were myths.

Our offense started out really rough again, but had a much better night than the defense. People who bash Martinez after this game are off their rocker. He was really, really off target in the begining of the game, but he's about 95% of our offense. If people still want to bench 95% of our offensive productivity, then they're just looney.

It's amazing, but there's no shortage of them. That's for damn sure.

What we learned:

•  
  • We have some really talented freshmen!! I'm excited to watch them grow.
  • We have some real problems but I still think they are very fixable. O-line and D-line are both pretty concerning at this point
  • Wisconson might beat us pretty badly
  • I thought the offense in the 2nd half is a sign of good things to come. I think we will be pleased as the year goes on.
  • We will live and die w/ Tmart. Sometimes he is awesome and sometimes I wonder wtf that kid is thinking!
  • Fischer and Compton are pretty bad right now.
  • Burkhead is a freakin toughguy (we already knew that)
  • We will see opposing qb's roll out a lot from now on
  • People on Huskerboard get way too dramatic. (we knew this already)

I still think this team has a high ceiling. New coaches, new offense, lots of young players. I could be wring but I think the O turned the corner in the 2nd half

What we learned:

•  
  • We have some real problems but I still think they are very fixable. O-line and D-line are both pretty concerning at this point
  • I thought the offense in the 2nd half is a sign of good things to come. I think we will be pleased as the year goes on.
  • We will live and die w/ Tmart. Sometimes he is awesome and sometimes I wonder wtf that kid is thinking!

I still think this team has a high ceiling. New coaches, new offense, lots of young players. I could be wring but I think the O turned the corner in the 2nd half

Agree with all. I'm perplexed by our D-line's performance today. I thought our D-line was one of the best in the B1G. I'm having second thoughts about that now. Guess we'll find out more as the season unfolds.

I got told to sit down at the game tonight. I was sitting with the guy I bought the ticket from (I sold mine for lower seats), and most everyone around us was standing. He wasn't, I was, and he told me to sit down. I turned to him and said, "WHY?!?!"

I stayed standing. By the end of the game, he was standing, too.

So I learned that this isn't a myth. That's a first in 20 years of going to Husker games.

I got told to sit down at the game tonight. I was sitting with the guy I bought the ticket from (I sold mine for lower seats), and most everyone around us was standing. He wasn't, I was, and he told me to sit down. I turned to him and said, "WHY?!?!"

I stayed standing. By the end of the game, he was standing, too.

So I learned that this isn't a myth. That's a first in 20 years of going to Husker games.

It happens. At least I could hear the crowd on TV tonight!

What we learned:

•  

Agree with all. I'm perplexed by our D-line's performance today. I thought our D-line was one of the best in the B1G. I'm having second thoughts about that now. Guess we'll find out more as the season unfolds.

Did Steinkuhler get benched for T Moore in the 2nd half?

What we learned:

Sounds on the money to me.

Tmart is gonna give me a damn heart attack & BK will break my heart. I don't know which is worse.....