Sporting News Arrticle

jayhawk

I'm a die hard Husker fan from Nebraska that goes to Kansas State. Today my sports economics professor flat out said that Texas is killing the Big 12! Students where like Nebraska left us and left us in limbo. He was like no the Public Relations of Texas has been brilliant they've managed to place all the blame of the conference breaking up on Nebraska, Texas A&M and Oklahoma. Though he said that ESPN is the devil we dont know. They've ran so many pro longhorn and negative everyone else painting Texas as the saviors of the Big 12. Heres one for you all that was pointed out. Texas said they wanted to share 1st and 2nd tier TV rights equally. What isnt mentioned that Oklahoma would lose money in this but Texas wouldnt be affected as the Longhorn Network is a 3rd tier TV rights. From what I see it as several teams with National titles have left (Arkansas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Nebraska) at some point and time its like this the only thing constant in all your previous failed relationships is YOU!!

They started this mess last year, you know. Got together with ESPN and the combination of two mammoth egos could only mean one thing: a gigantic mess.

“It’s unthinkable how the tables have turned,” said one BCS athletic director. From everyone following lockstep and bowing to the Texas iron fist in the Big 12, to whistling through the graveyard in the ACC. All in one short year.

haha.gif

• Fire 2

I don't know what everyone has come to expect of ESPN. They still have the DMunch Craig James on their staff. I was watching a program the other night that said Texas wants absolutely zero affiliation with the SEC because they don't want to open that recruiting door to SEC teams. They said if they did, we might as well be talking about the 17th or 18th NC in a row the SEC has won.