The O and sandbagging

benjibean1

Very good post, FAR2BLAZED! Sure can't find anything to disagree with. I also think the offense will come around & give grief to the Big10.

Welcome to HuskerBoard, the best NU forum on the internet. Have fun!

GBR!!

Thank you,

Been lurking around on here for a few years reading up on the news. :lol: Figured it was time to sign up and add my 2cents.

I totally disagree with the statement that the O is holding back or they just aren't "showing" what they have....The last 2 weeks I have seen supposedly inferior defenses bust through the O-line like it was a wet paper bag....so you mean to tell me that is on purpose? Why would they purposely let a defense get within a whisker of Martinez considering if he gets lit up or another ankle injury you can kiss the season goodbye. The O-line is young and martinez has not shown any ability to throw short accurate passes and even the long ones are dicey and it is the great hands of reed,bell,and turner that bailed him out last week. Is the D-line sandbagging as well? I think this young team will be OK because from what I have seen the B1G looks like a pretty level playing field...Wisconsin has played 2 very weak teams so not sure what to make of them yet and if the skers tighten up on both sides of the ball I don't see why they won't be in the mix for a title at the end of the year.

Finally they substituted a bit on offense!!!!! I like the fact that they used the freshmen in the 3rd and so Burkhead had a lot in the tank for the 4th. Green has nice vision. He is a natural. I like the fact that I saw a couple backup linemen get some time in.... Thompson, Sirles, Jones. That helps us for the 4th quarter and gets our players experienced, keeps morale up and keeps them hungry for more. I like the fact that they used their option pass, the boot and the fullback trap. I like that they spread the ball out and got the ball into the hands of the playmakers Bell&Turner&Green. Use those backs in the passing game. I think we made some good improvement on offense tonight. Defense? Hmm Not sure. Will say it looked like Mitchell played a good game. Want to see more P.J. & Roach. I think the defense will be fine.

I don't buy the gamesmanship angle.

Maybe there was stuff Nebraska needed to work on live game scrimmage style, but really its the first year in this offense... They aren't just trying to tweak some things and holding the good stuff back. These are first stringers out there for 4 quarters at a time working on things during what should be mop up games.