Congratulations from a Bitter Husky Fan

I don't see this going the Huskies way, at this point. I had hoped this to be a closer game, and I have to pin a ton of it on the refs, but the Huskers took control of the game when the Huskies lost their composure. The Huskies got the crap kicked out of them physically at the end. Good luck with the Big 10. I hope you throttle Michigan.

Dude...there were some BAD calls but you have 91 yards rushing at this point. You won't win many games running the ball like that.

Price is a good one though.

I'm not going to whine...never have. The Huskies gave it away on special teams and the refs took it away with bad calls.

A 6" drive?

A 10 point swing on that botched punt?

Big KO returns by Nebraska.

But Nebraska physically took many Huskies to the wood shed and nearly took away the Huskies will to win. I was surprised at the Huskies resiliency. I was also surprised at Martinez's toughness. I thought the repeated hits would wear him down, but he didn't.

That's not to mention the "Clock" Burkhead.

I don't think that the Huskies were exposed. I think they can go toe to toe with anybody this year. That said, I don't think that this Husker team is close to being as good as last year's Nebraska team.

I agree. It's like we've flipped our MO and now we rely on our offense and pray that our D doesn't screw up enough to cost us the game.

No. Price is a beast. And Derek Carr - gotta say, I think Carr might be even better.

Huskie fans should not be bitter. They were outclassed on the field, but man did they fight and clay their way to make something respectable out of what otherwise would have been a national drubbing and an embarrassing blowout.

He just bombed it down the field to wide open receivers with zero pressure on him after the secondary bumbled and fell all over the place. Washington is a garbage team we should have beat by 30 points, shows where we are at as a team. No where deserving of a top 10 ranking.

I'm not going to base my opinion of Nebraska fans on you. Most Nebraska fans are pretty classy. You may wish to switch over to Oregon, there are plenty of fans like you down in Eugene. ;-)

No amount of skill, passion, tactics, nor effort can overcome getting jobbed by the officials. We can only own our own mistakes, and our mistakes were not enough to lose the game. The INT thrown by Price in the red zone wasn't good, but no points came from that TO as our D stopped them. Obviously the fumbled kick off at our 1 yard line was killer, but also should not have been so bad had the bought and paid for refs not completely screwed us over.

NE did enough to win this game on their own merits, but the momentum was decisively turned by the refs. The way we were rolling in the first half, that muffed punt was very likely 7 points and 3 for sure with Folk, so a at minimum a 6 point sway and in all likeliness, a 10 point sway. We take a 24-14 lead into the half, and this would have been a much different game. Then the 4th down we didn't convert inside the 20 would have been a FG for 3 points at least, if the game score was where it should have been. The way I see it, the refs cost us no less than 13 points, and that isn't counting the "ifs" like maybe we hold NE to a FG after the other 20 yards of bad call on the other botched interference penalty and Holt's justified outburst. What was the margin of victory? 13 damn points.

What a travesty.

Revised non-screwed over scoring:

Half: 24-14 TD play off muffed punt

3rd Q: 24-21 TD off NE drive

24-28 off fumbled kick off

Nebraska up, but still very much a game. And then we were also forced to oneside kick twice in which NE had easy drives starting from mid field.

I don't want to hear about the Huskies getting screwed on those kick-catch interference calls, when Nebraska got screwed out of two personal foul calls early in the game. One, where a Washington defender toppled onto Martinez when he was done and started viciously tearing at his helmet, and the second when a Washington player was shoving our player to the ground and doing a lot of extra-curricular activity. Both should have been penalties and neither were called.

Regardless, penalties are penalties and both teams always get screwed. I think both fans have a right to be a little upset right now.

No amount of skill, passion, tactics, nor effort can overcome getting jobbed by the officials. We can only own our own mistakes, and our mistakes were not enough to lose the game. The INT thrown by Price in the red zone wasn't good, but no points came from that TO as our D stopped them. Obviously the fumbled kick off at our 1 yard line was killer, but also should not have been so bad had the bought and paid for refs not completely screwed us over.

NE did enough to win this game on their own merits, but the momentum was decisively turned by the refs. The way we were rolling in the first half, that muffed punt was very likely 7 points and 3 for sure with Folk, so a at minimum a 6 point sway and in all likeliness, a 10 point sway. We take a 24-14 lead into the half, and this would have been a much different game. Then the 4th down we didn't convert inside the 20 would have been a FG for 3 points at least, if the game score was where it should have been. The way I see it, the refs cost us no less than 13 points, and that isn't counting the "ifs" like maybe we hold NE to a FG after the other 20 yards of bad call on the other botched interference penalty and Holt's justified outburst. What was the margin of victory? 13 damn points.

What a travesty.

Nebraska up, but still very much a game. And then we were also forced to oneside kick twice in which NE had easy drives starting from mid field.

Again, you talk about momentum swinging and changing the flow of the game. How about to the obvious personal foul calls that went uncalled? You're saying an extra 15 yards added onto Nebraska's drive wouldn't have changed things? If Nebraska gets one of those calls their drive is extended, if they get the other they push Washington into the shadow of their own goal posts.

Officiating is the human element of the game, and there were opportunities for the refs to change things around for both teams. It's the least legitimate part of this game to criticize.

What a travesty.

That's the whole point. The game didn't end on bad calls. It was all in the middle so it's impossible to say how things would've gone down. We certainly

would've been calling different plays offensively and I doubt (as bad as they are) the D gives up that quick strike TD in the 4th with the game so close.

Did they really say this was one of the better crews in the Big 10.

No matter what anyone says, the first intereference call was big, without it, most likely we go trailing at halftime.

If I were a Husky fan, I would be pissed. I know they were bad both ways, but that one was glaring.

EDIT: I was posting this while the last post went up. No way am I saying I agree with the previous post. I thought they were bad, but....

What a travesty.

:facepalm:

I don't want to hear about the Huskies getting screwed on those kick-catch interference calls, when Nebraska got screwed out of two personal foul calls early in the game. One, where a Washington defender toppled onto Martinez when he was done and started viciously tearing at his helmet, and the second when a Washington player was shoving our player to the ground and doing a lot of extra-curricular activity. Both should have been penalties and neither were called.

Regardless, penalties are penalties and both teams always get screwed. I think both fans have a right to be a little upset right now.

The Catch Interference call hurt bad. It took the ball out of the Huskies hands. They were in position to run the clock down to where Nebraska had no time to do anything. That's a 10 point swing on that play right there.

The kick off muff hurt much worse and that's all on the Huskies. The Huskies weren't moving the ball well at that point in the game, so a FG still makes that another 10 point swing.

Being down by so much the Huskies went for it on 4th down and took another 3 off of the board. That's 23 points the Huskies left on the table.

Not to mention the short fields Washington gave the Huskers on the Onsides Kicks

Just how I see it.

What a travesty.

Again, you talk about momentum swinging and changing the flow of the game. How about to the obvious personal foul calls that went uncalled? You're saying an extra 15 yards added onto Nebraska's drive wouldn't have changed things? If Nebraska gets one of those calls their drive is extended, if they get the other they push Washington into the shadow of their own goal posts.

Officiating is the human element of the game, and there were opportunities for the refs to change things around for both teams. It's the least legitimate part of this game to criticize.

That being said we did get the benefit of the call because it was touched. ESPN opened the second half with the replay.

The Catch Interference call hurt bad. It took the ball out of the Huskies hands. They were in position to run the clock down to where Nebraska had no time to do anything. That's a 10 point swing on that play right there.

The kick off muff hurt much worse and that's all on the Huskies. The Huskies weren't moving the ball well at that point in the game, so a FG still makes that another 10 point swing.

Being down by so much the Huskies went for it on 4th down and took another 3 off of the board. That's 23 points the Huskies left on the table.

Just how I see it.

I understand your point, as it's the same way I'd see it if I were a Husky fan. But as a Husker fan, I'm seeing it from the Nebraska side. If we had gotten the first personal foul call, that's 15 yards and we have the ball around the 40. If we get the second, we push Washington all the way into the shadow of their goal posts.

Yours was a glaring penalty, no doubt, but as officiating is the least predictable part of a game, it's also the most illegitimate part to criticize. I think the third quarter is what really put Washington into trouble. If they had played better the other issues may not have been as glaring.