Didn't think we'd ever say this...

Atbone95

Our defense is playing incredibly mediocre, and will not cut it come conference play. What happened to the Blackshirts?!

Discuss.

Funny that the Husker D that was so powerful we not the ones that Pellini recruited, or were they? Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the best defenses recruited by the other guy?

No, Pelini really put his stamp on the defense. Although Suh & Prince and others were Callahan recruits, plenty of Bo's guys have come in here and excelled as well - Dejon Gomes, Lavonte David, Alfonzo Dennard, for starters. In any case, Bo really put in his system and turned this ship around.

I would rather have defensive problems at the moment than offensive issues. There is no man more qualified to assess and coach defenses up in CFB than Bo Pelini. It has to start with our DL. Crick has been subpar so far and is not looking anything like an All-American. We need to get pressure on the QB. Once we do that I think that the secondary issues will slowly fade.

Our defense is playing incredibly mediocre, and will not cut it come conference play. What happened to the Blackshirts?!

Discuss.

Funny that the Husker D that was so powerful we not the ones that Pellini recruited, or were they? Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the best defenses recruited by the other guy?

Yeah no, the biggest case one could make about that is Suh, but Suh wasn't Suh until Pelini showed up. Suh was just so good in his last two years he could change offenses on his own. You cant expect one guy to dominate like that more then once every decade or more, he's a man amongst boys in the pro game even.

The secondary will get better, they are young and inexperienced, and having Dennard back will allow them to get more comfortable on slightly less talented receivers.

I would rather have defensive problems at the moment than offensive issues. There is no man more qualified to assess and coach defenses up in CFB than Bo Pelini. It has to start with our DL. Crick has been subpar so far and is not looking anything like an All-American. We need to get pressure on the QB. Once we do that I think that the secondary issues will slowly fade.

How about our offense?! Really digging that situation right now. Feel very good about Taylor.

Really frustrated with the level of our D. Not geting enough rush, too many guys open, LB's inconsistent, saw some flat-out pathetic tackling today. Yes it hurts to be without Dennard but that doesn't excuse where we're at.

Can't believe the O has had to carry the team the last two weeks. Kudos to them on stepping-up.

How about our offense?! Really digging that situation right now. Feel very good about Taylor.

He's starting to look like an actual QB instead of just an athlete at the QB position.

Going through his progressions (occasionally), throwing it away, scrambling when it's not there, sliding, covering up the ball. He's really coming into his own and maturing as a QB. Sky is the limit for him.

Suh probably spoiled us too. I mean the guy was dominating in the NFL in his first season. Crick and nobody else since who Warren Sapp? maybe can compare to Suh. I still say as long as Crick is tying up two blockers and getting the occassional sack and TFL he is doing fine.

Thank you. and lets not forget hom many coverage sacks big suh got as well..... crick doesnt have as good of line play bedside him or secondary.

Still awkward in his motion, which is why his deep passes are huge lobs that stay up there forever and receivers that would be open by 10+ yards and clear to score have to slow up and wait for the ball. That's the one knock on him in this game imo, but he still completed them so whatever. Pretty good game overall by the offense and o-line.

He's starting to look like an actual QB instead of just an athlete at the QB position.

Going through his progressions (occasionally), throwing it away, scrambling when it's not there, sliding, covering up the ball. He's really coming into his own and maturing as a QB. Sky is the limit for him.

Oh I wouldn't go that far...he still has his limitations as a QB. But he is certainly coming into his own as a leader on the field. I can feel it.

Also redblooded, I don't think he completed many of them this game. He made some very dangerous and poor throws. I think he is trying to force it through the air too much sometimes with that 1-progression and take-off that he is supposed to do. Maybe he should have the check-down as the first progression sometimes.